aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Gladstone
It doesn't sound as good when you say it like that. I see it as free, as I didn't know I was spending £6.64/month.

I've just stumbled on a brilliant idea that I will never put into practise, but hope someone else will. Instead of taking out warranties and the like (which I never do anyway), what people should do is find out how much the warranty costs, and how long they can have a warranty for. Then, instead of taking out the warranty, just set up a savings account and direct debit the money from their current account into the savings account.

You barely ever need to utilise a warranty, because nothing goes wrong with your item within the warranty period. So, when your laptop/washing machine/fitiver breaks 3 days after the end of the warranty period, you've saved a heap of money which you can use to buy a new one. If it doesn't break, you've just got money in a savings account for fun.

Ace.

I've just stumbled on a brilliant idea that I will never put into practise, but hope someone else will. Instead of taking out warranties and the like (which I never do anyway), what people should do is find out how much the warranty costs, and how long they can have a warranty for. Then, instead of taking out the warranty, just set up a savings account and direct debit the money from their current account into the savings account.

You barely ever need to utilise a warranty, because nothing goes wrong with your item within the warranty period. So, when your laptop/washing machine/fitiver breaks 3 days after the end of the warranty period, you've saved a heap of money which you can use to buy a new one. If it doesn't break, you've just got money in a savings account for fun.

Ace.

You mean, like, saving money? Genius!

Guest Gladstone
You mean, like, saving money? Genius!

Well - it is saving money and it is genius. I'll grant you that.

But saving £6.18 a month instead of spending it on a warranty and you can upgrade your laptop (for example) 4-5 years later even if it ain't broke. Or if it does break, you have a decent wad of money to buy a new one. £6.18 a month sounds like fuck all, so you'll not notice it coming out of your bank account.

I never take out warranties anyway because I think they're a total rip-off, but if I did, I would stop and start up with this genius idea I've came up with.

Well - it is saving money and it is genius. I'll grant you that.

But saving £6.18 a month instead of spending it on a warranty and you can upgrade your laptop (for example) 4-5 years later even if it ain't broke. Or if it does break, you have a decent wad of money to buy a new one. £6.18 a month sounds like fuck all, so you'll not notice it coming out of your bank account.

I never take out warranties anyway because I think they're a total rip-off, but if I did, I would stop and start up with this genius idea I've came up with.

Yeah, I'm being cheeky for the sake of it. I usually take waranties as ~£6 a month makes no difference to my life. It may be ~£300 over three years, but I try not to think about it that way. Anyway, I got a brand new laptop which I sold for £300 and got a better one.

I have this one: http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-7319.aspx

No complaints. Straightforward to use, the filter/water bit opens on a hinge out the way so you can have it under a cupboard and not have to pull it out to fill it up, and it was only £30.

Seems like a pretty good deal although I was thinking about een of them funcy ones that does espresso and lattes and shit for the bird too. Gotta keep 'er indoors happy.

Seems like a pretty good deal although I was thinking about een of them funcy ones that does espresso and lattes and shit for the bird too. Gotta keep 'er indoors happy.

I got a dolce gusto machine for christmas, makes great coffee! but you gotta buy the correct pods. prices vary in lots of stores and the variety is slim compared to buying on-line direct from them.

pods are around £4 for a box of 16 pods, but!! i think you get a little ripped off with the "latte" style drinks, they require 2 pods to make: 1 coffee and 1 milk one, so a box of 16 pods only makes you 8 cups really

good things, they are fool proof to use, they don't require cleaning as the pods are the nozzles and disposable. it heats water up to boiling point in the time it takes to dispense the drink

I'd get it if you only intend to use it now and again, if you want to make lots and lots of coffee go for the standard peculator

I've heard they're meant to be descent so might go for that. Luckily cleaning stuff isn't in my job description (I'm more of a piss on the bathroom floor and leave it kinda guy) but I'm sure the bird would appreciate the sentiment, plus it would give her more time to clean the variety of other mess I make. I'm such a thoughtful boyfriend.