aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

what can you get for free in First Class lounges in train stations? And can you take as many free things as you want in both the lounge and on the train itself?

I took first class on a ferry once. There wasn't much free, except tea, coffee and juice, but it was worth it to see the looks on all the plebs in cattle class' faces as they sat all crushed together on their shitty little wooden chairs and tables when I swiped my way into the first class lounge and gave them a glimpse of the leather armchairs, flat screen TVs, iPads, waitresses tea and coffee making facilities, fridge full of juice and all the other perks on display. Their common self-serving noses pressed up against the window, their filthy breath steaming up the glass. The fucking scumbags.

• Upvote 3

thanks for the responses! it's for a train from edinburgh-london, so maybe the rules are different? either way, i plan on taking everything i can get my hands on.

You get free wifi, tea/coffee/drink, a meal and a snack. I got a breakfast one way and a sandwich the other going between Newcastle and Edinburgh.

If you are wanting to use the wifi on your phone, it may be better to register before travelling, as it can be a bitch on the phone. Not sure what the lounge in Edinburgh is like, as I didn't go in.

Can anyone recommend any 60's style bands playing around June time?

My flatmates brother is coming to stay for a month (he's Swedish), and he's a sheltered wee soul so she wants to take him to Loch Ness, Edinburgh Castle etc... and he loves 60's music, anything about love and peace basically, so I suggested she take him to a gig or two. Are there any good bands that might be playing around that time, or any pubs that have a themed-night?

She's going to be hiring a car, so if there's anything on in the countryside that would be pretty cool as she can sightsee with him and end the night with that.

I did mention the acoustic blues night at the Blue Lamp, so she's going to check it out.

Can anyone recommend any 60's style bands playing around June time?

My flatmates brother is coming to stay for a month (he's Swedish), and he's a sheltered wee soul so she wants to take him to Loch Ness, Edinburgh Castle etc... and he loves 60's music, anything about love and peace basically, so I suggested she take him to a gig or two. Are there any good bands that might be playing around that time, or any pubs that have a themed-night?

She's going to be hiring a car, so if there's anything on in the countryside that would be pretty cool as she can sightsee with him and end the night with that.

I did mention the acoustic blues night at the Blue Lamp, so she's going to check it out.

Is there not that country pub that Flanuer and Graham Knight are involved with? I (vaguely) remember them talking about it.

When is the Chillingham Road Metro station ticket machine going to accept notes as well as coins?

It may have been updated already, the Gateshead Stadium has the fancy new ones that accept coins, notes and cards (although not Scottish notes or Euros).

Besides, if you can't get change for the metro, you don't have to pay, and just say you didn't have change or give a false name and address.

I'll be up for some at the weekend.

I'll need to find some way to download this other 1gb of a download. I've only got a 4gb badboy so I can't play it just now :( Mental amount of downloads just to play. I was raging last night when I went on to play. Ended up playing the Bioshock 2 multiplayer all night. It's madness!