aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

The stickers are these ones:

http://www.awesomemerchandise.com/full-colour-paper-stickers-p-39.html

They are nice and glossy, but not heavy duty like vinyl stickers, but that's good. They stay nice and flush with the card. I got 250 for £26. Really good quality. Super fast postage. Highly recommended.

I also considered getting a custom ink stamp made and stamping the sleeves, but that could possibly rub off quite easily, as the sleeves were also a bit glossy. If you got a matte sleeve, it would absorb into the card a bit better.

Or if you are set on printing, then these guys are good:

http://www.footprinters.co.uk/

Not the cheapest, but totally good folk and highly recommended. They do a good job and are totally punx.

So last night at Tunnels I played a gig and soundchecked and it was fine. Half way through the set there was an almighty buzz through the monitors. It was me. Now, when I played you could hear fine. I didn't have any pedals on (it was plugged in, but dead, don't know if that makes a difference). I wasn't cutting out and it didn't sound like pop'n and crackin' like when the hole in my bass was loose. It was just a really loud hum.

What could have caused this?

I'm going to go to II tomorrow and set up my "set up" there and see if I can eliminate any problems. But it didn't seem like any intermittent problems and my pedal's never done anything like that before. I'm secretly hoping it's the Tunnels Amp. I can't afford any new stuff.

So last night at Tunnels I played a gig and soundchecked and it was fine. Half way through the set there was an almighty buzz through the monitors. It was me. Now, when I played you could hear fine. I didn't have any pedals on (it was plugged in, but dead, don't know if that makes a difference). I wasn't cutting out and it didn't sound like pop'n and crackin' like when the hole in my bass was loose. It was just a really loud hum.

What could have caused this?

I'm going to go to II tomorrow and set up my "set up" there and see if I can eliminate any problems. But it didn't seem like any intermittent problems and my pedal's never done anything like that before. I'm secretly hoping it's the Tunnels Amp. I can't afford any new stuff.

Are you taking a line out of your amp, thats assuming you are playing with an amp or are you using a DI box out of your pedals as there is a chance that the earth isn't lifted?

It was straight in to the amp. Which then got DI'd after the buzzing started. It was an ashdown combo. The one they have in tunnels. Come on guys. You know which one. Forgot the model.

The fact it only started half way though the set would signal it's maybe not a grounding issue or lead and most likely the amp?

I had a similar problem with a bass of mine, the soldering on one of the pots went dodgy. Giving it a bit of a rattle usually kills it. Try fucking around with the controls on your bass while plugged in to a practice amp or something and see if you can replicate the fault.

It's a MAG300 410 combo at the tunnels, same head I use, and they are fucking workhorses, I'd be really surprised if that thing crapped out under normal operation.

xx

went in to II. Set up my bass with my leads and pedals. The guy (billy, is it?) turned the amp up full blast and wiggled my leads. Not a single sound.

Half way through practice that afternoon I heard a buzz. I think it may be my lead. It's my long lead too. Gutted. No jumping around for me for a while.