aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Is it true that dark chocolate is better for you / less fattening than milk chocolate?

It's better for you because it has lots of anti-oxidents. It would also be less fattening as it's go less cocoa butter (the fatty bit) and more cocoa solids as well as less milk. It should also have less sugar than milk chocolate.

If you're prone to migraines however (as I am) you have to forgo all those health benefits because the smallest amount will cause your skull to cave in.

It's better for you because it has lots of anti-oxidents. It would also be less fattening as it's go less cocoa butter (the fatty bit) and more cocoa solids as well as less milk. It should also have less sugar than milk chocolate.

If you're prone to migraines however (as I am) you have to forgo all those health benefits because the smallest amount will cause your skull to cave in.

I get hooring headaches from dark chocolate as well. It's weird. I like it though.

Also, your.

I get hooring headaches from dark chocolate as well. It's weird. I like it though.

Also, your.

Are these migraines by any chance? Those little sods have plagued my family for (literally) generations and they have triggers. My brother gets them after prolonged exposure to flashing lights, I get them after periods of intense stress and my dad gets them most noteably after eating dark chocolate. He never goes near the stuff for this reason alone - maybe it's the same for you?

Are these migraines by any chance? Those little sods have plagued my family for (literally) generations and they have triggers. My brother gets them after prolonged exposure to flashing lights, I get them after periods of intense stress and my dad gets them most noteably after eating dark chocolate. He never goes near the stuff for this reason alone - maybe it's the same for you?

Nah, I've never had a migraine in my puff. I just get an instant, throbbing headache when I'm eating it - a bit like brainfreeze. It passes in a few minutes.

Aren't "migranes" just a headache version of man-flu?

xx

I wish. When i get migraines i lose half of my field of vision for approximately an hour (this makes walking, driving, writing etc extrememly difficult) and then i get a period of calm for about 15 minutes before getting an intense headache - and i mean properly intense, none of that hangover crap - for about 4 hours before it dies away and my head feels very tender. It can affect my speech as well depending on how ferocious it's been and the after effects can last for a couple of days. In short, they are much, much worse than a standard headache.

When i get proper migraines it knocks me out for days, i cant be around any light, heat or noise and ill be sick constantly for hours on end, the only thing i can do is take stuff that almost instantly knocks me out and i sleep for about 12 hours, it takes me like 2 days to fully recover. Thankfully i have them under control for the best part now.

I feel your pain, they are nasty little sods. I used to take beta blockers daily to control blood pressure and thus the migraines but they turned me into a total sloth - more so than usual so i had to switch medication. I sometimes reflect fondly upon my beta blocker days as i could blame my lack of motivation and energy to the pills rather than my enthusiasm for certain activities, usually activities involving taking the bird to a movie or something.