aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Newcastle vs. Villa on Sunday. We'll probably get mashed, but as the forum's resident deluded Magpie I say: "WE'RE GANNA BEAT 'EM 6-0 MAN WHEY AYE".

QFT

Also; Lucky Rathen is the only person I know who has said that Ifil was shit yesterday. Everyone else, to a man, had him down as or near MOTM (including McGhee and the Sunday papers)

QFT

Also; Lucky Rathen is the only person I know who has said that Ifil was shit yesterday. Everyone else, to a man, had him down as or near MOTM (including McGhee and the Sunday papers)

He might have been good for most of the game, I just noticed him making quite of a lot of mistakes, and didn't notice when he was being good.

Our young 'keeper, Fraser Forster, is off to Celtic on-loan. He's already an infinitely better player the Zaluska so I hope he gets thrown straight into the XI. A fantastic prospect: I've not watched him a massive number of times, but I know a couple of Norwich fans (he was on-loan there last season) and they hardly had a bad word for him. This is a big season for him as it's probably Steve Harper's last, and Tim Krul has already shown himself to be a good goalkeeper. It'll be between Forster and Krul for the #1 jersey next season, so he has to play games for Celtic and he has to do well in them.

Good luck to the lad. This is a big step for him, and I hope he's brilliant.

Martinez is a plonker. He was actually forced into this signing by Whelan. Martinez wanted to bring in another striker, instead of assessing where his problems lie. I used to really rate Kirkland too, but somehow he has become absolutely terrible. They should nick a decent up and coming keeper on loan, and get rid of Baseball Cap.

I still think Blackpool will finish bottom, but they won't be too far behind Rugby Town. Where the women look like men. Wigan is an awful, awful place. Even when the Premier League champions come to town, they can't even half fill their ground, because nobody there even likes football. Get fucked then.

Garry Kenneth's confidence must be completely gone... first Ibrahimovic tears him a new one, then Rooney (Adam, that is).

BBC Sport - Highlights - Dundee Utd 0-4 Inverness CT

I've caught some of this positivity bug that has swept Aberdeen... resulting in me buying train tickets to Edinburgh for our match v. Hibs in September. Never been to Easter Road, so it's another one to cross off the list.

Fuck me, Liverpool better up their game if they're going to make it into Europe this season. Glen Johnson is fucking dreadful as well, kept on getting caught in possession. Plus, he has shit hair. Damn you Mascherano for not wanting to play for Liverpool anymore, we really missed him tonight.

Guest Gladstone
Fuck me, Liverpool better up their game if they're going to make it into Europe this season. Glen Johnson is fucking dreadful as well, kept on getting caught in possession. Plus, he has shit hair. Damn you Mascherano for not wanting to play for Liverpool anymore, we really missed him tonight.

Glen Johnson wouldn't get a game for my 5s team. He's fucking shit.

People keep trying to tell me that he's good going forward, if a bit shaky at defending. Get to fuck. He's not a football player. The ball at his feet and he just doesn't know what to do with it. He sort of dicks about until someone comes near him, then thinks, fuck I better try and move this ball out of the way, then he's tackled. Wasting possession every single time. And he's crap at defending. Really really crap.

Joe Hart is fucking incredible. Man City won't lose any goals this season. Not one.

Vladimir Weiss looks about 8 years old!! How old is he really? Looks a great wee player but he's playing for Rangers now...

Kyle Lafferty and Alan Macgregor should be made to fight to the death and then the winner should be publicly stoned.

Can't believe I missed ALL THE FOOTBALL this weekend. Saw only the Man U vs Fulham extended highlights - which looked an excellent game - and now sportscene. I like Craig Brown, he's a nice old man.

EDIT: Darren Mackie looked so surprised when his shot went in! He also looked like he'd forgotten how to celebrate and just jumped up and down like an excited 2 years old who's mum was buying him a Cornetto. I love being an Aberdeen fan, they're so good at football.

• Upvote 1

Garry Kenneth's confidence must be completely gone... first Ibrahimovic tears him a new one, then Rooney (Adam, that is).

BBC Sport - Highlights - Dundee Utd 0-4 Inverness CT

I've caught some of this positivity bug that has swept Aberdeen... resulting in me buying train tickets to Edinburgh for our match v. Hibs in September. Never been to Easter Road, so it's another one to cross off the list.

Watch out for the ccs/babycrew on London Road. They are a bunch of cunts. :down:

Still, makes for an exciting away day! :up:

P.S. Can't wait til we play you! Boozy train to Inverness on 2nd October? Get Zippy and Sef along?

Apparently can't be touched because the ref booked him already. Ridiculous rules; if they really want to hammer out cheating then they need to be able to punish cunts like MacGregor retrospectively.

It really is ridiculous, all because the referee saw it and felt the players were punished accordingly, so the governing bodies can't touch it. It's counter productive, when they claim to be so desperately stamping all this out of football. Whatever the referees decision, these situations should be revised on a Monday morning. Anyone deemed to be being a shit, diving or playacting, or being a malicious little cunt should be slapped with a 15 match ban. You wouldn't do it again if you miss 1/3 of the season. It'd be like football prison.

Not that it matters. Even if they were given a 15 match ban, it'd be appealed, and they'd win. Somehow Eduardo won his appeal, and I really can't think of what ground they could have given to suggest that he wasn't being a grotty little cheat.