aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

wonder if an EPL team might take a punt on Ronaldinho? He wouldnt come cheap mind!

Typical papers to go mental about one Man City performance, if it wasn't for Joe Hart they might well have got a tanking against Spurs first game of the season.

But you have to say with that squad they should be up there come the end of the season.

Scotland squad for Lithuania / Lichtenstein.

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Marshall (Cardiff), McGregor (Rangers), Gilks (Blackpool)

Defenders: Hutton (Tottenham), Berra (Wolves), Broadfoot (Rangers), McManus (Middlesbrough), Weir (Rangers) McCulloch (Rangers), Wallace (Hearts), Webster (Rangers), Whittaker (Rangers), McNaughton (Cardiff)

Midfielders: Adam (Blackpool), Brown (Celtic), Dorrans (West Brom), Fletcher (Man Utd), Morrison (West Brom), Robson (Middlesbrough), Hartley (Aberdeen)

Strikers: Boyd (Middlesbrough),Fletcher (Wolves), Iwelumo (Burnley), McFadden (Birmingham), Miller (Rangers) Naismith (Rangers)

Wednesday are getting a bit of a seeing to by Scumthorpe in the Council Estate Cup. Fuck it. It's a shit trophy anyway, and it will only act as a distraction as we WIN THE LEAGUE.

20_3.jpg

This is the mantelpiece ornament you get when you win League One. Just direct your eyeballs towards that. Isn't it just fucking majestic? Yeah, it is. I've seen the Premier League pot with those lions pawing at the football. Looks like Noels House Party conveyor belt junk. Does it have two tone silver and bronze? Fuck, where will Darren Purse even place his hands as he lifts FOOTBALL HISTORY above his bonce next May? That's the mystery the League One crown beholds.

Sounds like a fucking shambles over in Athens for the Utd yoofa cup game.

They had to switch venue because AEK's pitch is unplayable so they've moved it to the Panionios FC ground which only holds ~11,000.

When the Panionios fans heard this they trashed their own stadium! Fucking nutters.

Wouldn't fancy making that trip tbh,

EastFootball Forums - View Single Post - 2nd europa leg problem?! OACA pitch

:down:

3-0, another solid win for the Dons. That's four wins, four cleansheets and nine answered goals in the last four games.

Good stuff.

Only 3 wins! But turn up again on Saturday and we'll have made it 4 out of 4.

In Calderwood's first season we had a similar run of cleansheets (although we weren't scoring much either!) and we were the last senior team in Britain to have not conceded a goal until we lost a penalty away at Tannadice on 11th September... and we've got those Jute minks on 9/11 this year as well so here's hoping we can go one week better this season!

Guest Gladstone
Apparently can't be touched because the ref booked him already. Ridiculous rules; if they really want to hammer out cheating then they need to be able to punish cunts like MacGregor retrospectively.

I just watched the incident back again. What exactly did Riordan get booked for here? I think they should make a stand and say that despite the fact McGregor got booked, he still conned the referee into booking Riordan.

All he did was go in for the ball, then when McGregor got the ball and Riordan did catch him (not a bookable offence though surely), you saw him trying to apologise before McGregor got all up in his face then threw himself to the ground. Riordan's hands were by his side, he never even went towards McGregor, just stood his ground. McGregor also nuts Stokes in the nuts as he's standing up.

I don't think McGregor was booked for simulation. I bet the ref just saw a bit of aggro and booked both players rather than give anyone a red. McGregor should get a retrospective yellow card for the simulation, a straight red for the butt at Stokes's balls, an 18 game suspension for being a cunt, and Hibs should be awared 4 goals. That will learn the cunt.

Oh, and Lafferty should be given an extra retrospective 3 red cards just for being a cunt.

By the way - do these tits get taught to try and get guys sent off? Fucking knobs.

Guest idol_wild

I think the two main incidents from the Hibernian Rangers game highlight just how low the IQ of some football players actually is. It almost makes me embarrassed to think I am absolutely fucking obsessed with the game.

I fucking hate Rangers and everything about them.

I'm rooting for Inverness this season. RossP, can you offer anymore insight to this guy Johnny Haynes? He looks the absolute business everytime I catch Inverness highlights or snippets...

I just saw the Lafferty incident last night, too.

He's a vile human being, total scum. Kevin McBride should never have been sent off. You surely can't be sent off for kicking the ball off an opposing player if the ball is still in play (he had already begun the act of kicking it before the whistle had been blown).

Lafferty is just a mink who always looks up for a fight. I hate him with an absolute passion.

Guest Gladstone
I just saw the Lafferty incident last night, too.

He's a vile human being, total scum. Kevin McBride should never have been sent off. You surely can't be sent off for kicking the ball off an opposing player if the ball is still in play (he had already begun the act of kicking it before the whistle had been blown).

Lafferty is just a mink who always looks up for a fight. I hate him with an absolute passion.

That's what I thought too, actually. He's rifled the ball at Lafferty, but there's no rule against that when the ball's in play. It was a fucking terrible challenge from Lafferty who just lost his cool. He is as you say a complete mink. He's normally pretty good at getting involved just enough to wind a player up into reacting but still escape punishment. I'm quite glad that he got stuck in and got himself sent off for a change, but the Hibs player should have received a yellow at the most. Lafferty goes over the top of the ball, and to be honest could have been red-carded for the challenge, he then started on about 3 Hibs players, and raised his hands once or twice. Whereas the Hibs player hoofed the ball at Lafferty, whilst it was in play and then got started on. I think by the letter of the law, the Hibs player did commit a red card offence because him and Lafferty both raised their hands to each other, but there's no way he deserved the same punishment as Lafferty.

Guest idol_wild

He's a guy with quite evident social problems. I don't believe there is any case for an argument to defend people like this being allowed to become professional footballers. It's not even as if he's an especially good footballer - just a very average SPL clogger. I don't think he earns the right to take home 10k plus per week. He makes me want to hate football and everything associated with it.

That's what I thought too, actually. He's rifled the ball at Lafferty, but there's no rule against that when the ball's in play. It was a fucking terrible challenge from Lafferty who just lost his cool. He is as you say a complete mink. He's normally pretty good at getting involved just enough to wind a player up into reacting but still escape punishment. I'm quite glad that he got stuck in and got himself sent off for a change, but the Hibs player should have received a yellow at the most. Lafferty goes over the top of the ball, and to be honest could have been red-carded for the challenge, he then started on about 3 Hibs players, and raised his hands once or twice. Whereas the Hibs player hoofed the ball at Lafferty, whilst it was in play and then got started on. I think by the letter of the law, the Hibs player did commit a red card offence because him and Lafferty both raised their hands to each other, but there's no way he deserved the same punishment as Lafferty.

If you look at the footage the ref is reaching for his card as soon as he blows the whistle for Lafferty's challenge. The newspapers are all missing this and saying Lafferty got himself sent off for his reaction and by virtue of his reputation making it seem worse, but he was already going to be booked for the challenge. The reaction just made the ref turn it from a yellow to a straight red. There should be no sympathy for the cretin in the press, he deserves everything he gets.

I'd imagine the Hibs player got sent off for violent conduct, which to be honest is pretty fair as the whistle had gone for the foul as far as I could tell. I'd imagine John Hughes has him cleaning boots for the next week.

Why Lafferty felt the need to challenge like that is beyond me. He loses the ball in a minor foul on Liam Miller and then goes after him and could have done some serious injury. Miller hadn't antagonised Lafferty (in that incident at least) and the fud ends up going over the top of him when the ball isn't anywhere near them.

Anyway, I enjoy not liking Rangers so should probably be thankful they have cock-knockers like Kyle Lafferty. Double edged sword I guess.