aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Aberdeen were pretty shit today, but I thought we were at least going to get away with a point.

And Rangers got a bloody late winner too :swearing:

It was nice being top of the league while it lasted. :(

there's always gonna be one or two shit games along the way. so long as that's it for a while, i'm fine with it.

Barnsley 2 Boro 0

I'm beginning to get the feeling that we might not stroll to the top of the league this season after one win in 4 league games. We got off to a better start last year and Southgate still got sacked.

Strachan Out. Ravanelli in!

Gary Mac Out. Tony Yeboah in!

What a managerial duo that'd be. You'd concede like crazy, but you'd score about 8 goals a game. Half of them going in off the crossbar and then the goal line.

I bloody knew that Keigan Parker would score for Mansfield today. Even worse it was the only goal of the game. No win in the first five games. All that optimism about a good season with Ling's own squad being slowly drained away. Hate football right now.

Still had to chuckle at Spurs getting turfed over at White Hart Lane by Wigan. May as well laugh at the misfortunes of others whilst my own team are doing so pish.

The Dons were far from great but we have improved from last season. It seems strange to come away from a 1-0 defeat to Kilmarnock with some optimism (laced with disappointment) but that's how I felt. The renewed team spirit was palpable. Hartley is a touch of class. All the new signings look pretty handy actually. The major worry is our lack of decent chances being created. Too many long high balls.

All in all not too despondent.

I bloody knew that Keigan Parker would score for Mansfield today. Even worse it was the only goal of the game. No win in the first five games. All that optimism about a good season with Ling's own squad being slowly drained away. Hate football right now.

I thought that Keigan Parker was resigned to staying in my copy of Championship Manager 01/02.

The Dons were far from great but we have improved from last season. It seems strange to come away from a 1-0 defeat to Kilmarnock with some optimism (laced with disappointment) but that's how I felt. The renewed team spirit was palpable. Hartley is a touch of class. All the new signings look pretty handy actually. The major worry is our lack of decent chances being created. Too many long high balls.

All in all not too despondent.

You've summed up how I feel retrospectivelly, though Folly and Hartley should've swapped positions. Make no mistake though; I was fucking raging after/during the game yesterday. Absolutely fucking raging. Calmed down a bit now, but I can't really speak as my voice has gone.

Was that a good day out in Wearside, Nev?

The Villa Everton game has been great considering its only 1-0 so far. Beckford looks decent, but I don't think he'll cut it as a lone frontman in the Premier League. He needs more support. They should have kept him on when they brought Saha on. 10 minutes left. Villa are just sitting on their lead. Everton have battered them possession-wise for 80 minutes.

You've summed up how I feel retrospectivelly, though Folly and Hartley should've swapped positions. Make no mistake though; I was fucking raging after/during the game yesterday. Absolutely fucking raging. Calmed down a bit now, but I can't really speak as my voice has gone.

It was a pretty poor game. We missed our best opportunity in the first half sadly.

To be fair to Killie, they had the better chances and deserved to win on reflection.

Big howler for their goal though mind you.

I blame my brother who is back visiting from Oz. Jonah!

The young lad Megginson looked quite bright when he came on!

Mackie and Maguire are still pish.

tevez's miss = incredible

If that hadn't happened right in front of me, I would not believe it happened. It did though. Right in front of me. Really.

It was a bit like the Aberdeen game on Saturday, in that City were on top early doors but failed to find the net. Second half, it was like two different teams had come out. Sunderland were sharper and more aggressive, and City failed to click.

Malbranque took control of the midfield and Sun'lan' deserved it in the end.

Great save by Mignolet from Adebayor though...

both Man City and Spurs were brought down to earth this weekend! Had to chuckle at the Tevez miss, no doubt will be featured on one of those gaffs DVD's that Danny Baker makes a tasty wee sideline from.

Whilst the rest of the nation puts their feet this bank holiday (apart from those unfortunate souls who have to work of course!) trekking to the Abbey Stadium for what has become a must win game (I know thats the nature of football these days - sixth game of the season has become 'must win') as Cambridge search for their first win of the season against a bunch of tinpot part timers Eastbourne Boro. Anything less than three points and the manager will be under severe pressure.

Meanwhile down in the toilet cauldron of fifth tier English football, Luton manager Richard Money had a bit of a tiff with some supporters after a 3-1 tanking by those football giants Tamworth. Luton are the Man City of the Conference, bunch o cunts to boot.

Guest Gladstone

:lol:

That's wonderful.

The best bit is the guy back-tracking. "Harry I didn't mean it like that, Harry, Harry..."

Poof - he should have started a fight with him or took the piss some more...

Guest Gladstone
God, he needs to chill out. He takes himself too seriously sometimes. How can anyone take him seriously when his face looks like that.

You just reminded me on a clip from one of those Danny Baker gaffe videos. Harry Redknapp featured at some point, and the voice over said:

"And the question on everybody's lips is: How did he manage to have such a good looking son?"

Why's Silva not getting games at City yet? He's the best player Mancini has bought this summer, and he's probably been used the least, except for BWATENG, but he's injured.

He's good. Infact, he's really good. Stop not playing him, and start not not playing him. Sod Milner. He's rubbish and looks like Desperate Dan. Silva also has a case of Dempsey-eye. Quality footballer trait, increasing peripheral vision. Like Ozil. He can see all 360 degrees.

Why's Silva not getting games at City yet? He's the best player Mancini has bought this summer, and he's probably been used the least, except for BWATENG, but he's injured.

He's good. Infact, he's really good. Stop not playing him, and start not not playing him. Sod Milner. He's rubbish and looks like Desperate Dan. Silva also has a case of Dempsey-eye. Quality footballer trait, increasing peripheral vision. Like Ozil. He can see all 360 degrees.

He played the first game against Spurs I think but didn't seem to impress. Man City then signed Milner and Mancini went with him and Johnson against Liverpool and they both played blinders. Might be in with a shout again following the loss against the Mackems, I hope so anyway cos he's a cracking player.