aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

just reading about bebe, cracked me up! still not all of fergie's signings have been great, he's signed a fair few duds over the years! but first signs old father time might be catching up with him! his mind could well be going.

To give Fergie a little bit of relief over this, it wasn't his choice to sign him. ex-assistant Carlos Quieroz recommended the player to David Gill, who pretty much snapped him up without really getting the permission of Fergie. It's still funny that he's turned out to be too shit for even the reserves. Even Danny Welbeck gets into the reserves. Danny Welbeck! The most unjustified footballers wage being paid out by any sports team anywhere in the world. Danny Welbeck. So Bebe must somehow be worse than Danny Welbeck. Christ.

To give Fergie a little bit of relief over this, it wasn't his choice to sign him. ex-assistant Carlos Quieroz recommended the player to David Gill, who pretty much snapped him up without really getting the permission of Fergie. It's still funny that he's turned out to be too shit for even the reserves. Even Danny Welbeck gets into the reserves. Danny Welbeck! The most unjustified footballers wage being paid out by any sports team anywhere in the world. Danny Welbeck. So Bebe must somehow be worse than Danny Welbeck. Christ.

Maybe Bebe isn't quite fit enough yet. Maybe he doesn't speak enough English to understand what's going on. There could be any number of reasons why he didn't play for the reserves and as nobody's come out and said "he's shite", i wouldn't read too much into it.

Maybe Bebe isn't quite fit enough yet. Maybe he doesn't speak enough English to understand what's going on. There could be any number of reasons why he didn't play for the reserves and as nobody's come out and said "he's shite", i wouldn't read too much into it.

It was in the Manc Evening News that Solskjaer has told Ferguson he's not good enough.

Guest idol_wild
I can't offer enough praise for Johnny Hayes in terms of performance and attitude this year. He really is proving to be the best signing we have EVER MADE.

After Dougie Imrie left us last January, Johnny has had a stormer in every single game he's played... resulting in all the SFL teams doubling up markers on him; which he still dealt with ease. Championship teams tried to sign him, since his 1 year deal was up in May... but he turned them all down to stick with Inverness since we were the first club to give him a proper start.

He missed most of the pre-season, playing only 70mins against Clachnacuddin; before the opening game v. Celtic. But within 20 seconds he had skinned 5 of Celtic's midfield and defence on a straight run into the Celtic box. Unfortunately he tired quickly that day and fell out of the game.

His attitude is also spot on, as shown after the 4-0 win v. Dundee United. Despite tearing their defence apart, he said he was unhappy with his performance... as his final ball could've been a bit better, allowing the strikers a better chance to score.

In conclusion, he is the most talented and dangerous player we've ever had. Who has shown maturity and loyalty in signing a 2 year deal, turning down the lure of the Championship and better wages at other SPL clubs. If he continues playing this well, then I fully expect some bids England in December (prob from Middlesborough!). Considering they offered Dundee United 600k for Conway, who was a shadow of the player Hayes was on Sunday; i'd turn down anything less than 1 million).

:love::love::love:

Excellent summary. Would read again.

Still better than playing at the Homeless World Cup. Not by much i'll admit, but even Bolton is better than a cardboard box :p

only just!!! still he could always eat Peter Kay should he get hungry!

watching the league cup highlights, dunno why they bother with this useless competition anymore although fulham appear to be taking it seriously but maybe Hughes is taking the piss!!!

ooh the excitement of Man U Reserves, Man City Reserves, Villa Reserves, Spurs Reserves, Liverpool Reserves, Arsenal Reserves and Chelsea Reserves in the next round!

That's a disaster for the player and the team. Could've been a very big season for him.

Expect to see Alloa get a lot of grief in the press from AFC now, though if it's true that he was wearing blades on the plastic then I'm not sure you can really blame the pitch.

Guest Gladstone
That's a disaster for the player and the team. Could've been a very big season for him.

Expect to see Alloa get a lot of grief in the press from AFC now, though if it's true that he was wearing blades on the plastic then I'm not sure you can really blame the pitch.

Someone's got to take responsibility for that. I wouldn't have known not to wear blades on a plastic pitch, and I'm sure Fyvie wouldn't have either.

Would/should AFC know without being informed by Alloa?

Poor bastard - he was on for a big season. That will probably fuck his career.

Someone's got to take responsibility for that. I wouldn't have known not to wear blades on a plastic pitch, and I'm sure Fyvie wouldn't have either.

Would/should AFC know without being informed by Alloa?

Poor bastard - he was on for a big season. That will probably fuck his career.

But they train on astroturf in bad weather, at the sports village and Strikers. You're not a professional footballer so it doesn't matter so much that you don't know, but surely AFC should be telling the players what they can wear on the surface?

Guest Gladstone
But they train on astroturf in bad weather, at the sports village and Strikers. You're not a professional footballer so it doesn't matter so much that you don't know, but surely AFC should be telling the players what they can wear on the surface?

Oh aye - never thought about the training. Aye - I'm suspecting that Aberdeen FC should be instructing the lad on footwear.

By the way - Arsenal and Shakthar Donetsk in the same group. If Rangers get drawn in there they'll get absolutely schooled by their passing football.

Guest Gladstone
MANCHESTER UNITED, Valencia, RANGERS LOL!

Huns - nil points.

Scholes could just play Rangers himself.

In fact, here's an adaption of an old joke.

Man Utd boys are in the dressing room before the game away to play Rangers. "Scholesy" goes "lads, seriously, I could take these muppets by myself. You boys, head off to the pub, I've got this covered."

His team-mates head off to the pub.

At about 8.30pm, they decide they'd better check how he's getting on, and get the barman to stick up Sky Sports News.

Man Utd 1 - 0 Rangers

(Scholes - 19)

So, they carry on drinking, and having a laugh until it gets to about 10pm, and ask the barman to check the scores again:

Man Utd 1 - 1 Rangers

(Scholes - 19) (Miller - 85)

The guys head back to Old Trafford and find a dejected Scholesy in the dressing room with his head in his hands.

"What happened Scholesy?" asks Rooney.

"I got sent off after 25 minutes after that cunt Lafferty pretended I headbutted him."