aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

By the way - do these tits get taught to try and get guys sent off? Fucking knobs.

They probably do get told to wind players up and make them react. I read an interview with Ibrahimovic about how he loves to wind up defenders until they give him a right good boot in the kneecaps. Defenders get in on it too. Rio Ferdinand apparently likes to give a bit of verbal to attackers, with such phrases as "I'm richer than you" and "Me and my mate are going to kick you in".

It obviously works. Look at what Zidane did.

Guest Gladstone
They probably do get told to wind players up and make them react. I read an interview with Ibrahimovic about how he loves to wind up defenders until they give him a right good boot in the kneecaps. Defenders get in on it too. Rio Ferdinand apparently likes to give a bit of verbal to attackers, with such phrases as "I'm richer than you" and "Me and my mate are going to kick you in".

It obviously works. Look at what Zidane did.

I've no doubt that goes on and I don't see that quite as bad. I've been guilty of winding players up myself, and have been wound up. It is probably wrong, but I guess that's been going on for a very long time.

I'm talking about the play-acting. Like Lafferty getting Mulgrew sent off, or McGregor trying to get Riordan sent off, or I dunno, Rivaldo that time the ball hit his leg and he clutched his face. It's even worse than just taking a dive. A dive when you're running past a player is a real spur of the moment thing, and sometimes can be influenced by a tackle coming in etc - not saying it's right at all. Any form of simulation is wrong in my eyes. But pretending you've been headbutted and crying to the ref is the sort of thing little kids do to their brothers. Fucking big poofs.

The winding players up to try and provoke a reaction is a bit off, but it's not quite the same thing. I.e. if you're willing to wind someone up until they punch you in the face, and you take the said punch in the face and laugh it off whilst the player gets sent off, you've been a bit of a cunt, but reacting to the wind-ups makes you look really silly.

Only 79 for me :down:

Would have been a few more if my spelling was better though!

A few I was silly not to get, there some however I wouldn't have got no matter how much time I had.

I had to cast my mind back to a misspent childhood endlessly watching the 101 Great Premiership Goals VHS series to get a lot of mine. Still managed to forget Les Ferdinand though :swearing:

Guest Gladstone

Who is this Teddy Sheringham with all his league goals that I seem to have completely erased from my memory?

I bet he never scored any important goals, like in the Champions League or in a cup final or anything. Otherwise I would definitely remembered him.

I got a really shit score first time round, tried again without looking at the answers and got a slightly less shit answer. I then looked at the answers and tried again from fresh and still didn't get past 100. I'm going to try again - I bet I still only get about 80.

Newcastle have transfer listed Steven Taylor, interesting move. Maybe he still doesn't get on with Andy Carroll and the club have decided which one is more important to them.

Apparently it's got more to do with recent contract negotiations than anything else. His current deal is up at the end of the season, and he wants... get this... 60k p/w to stay.

I'll say that again.

STEVEN TAYLOR is demanding SIXTY FUCKING THOUSAND POUNDS A WEEK to play for his "beloved" Newcastle United.

If the story's true then the greedy little swine can piss-off elsewhere. I've always liked Steven as a player and I used to think that his attitude was top notch, but that's an appalling demand from a frankly mediocre player. I don't think that there's a club in England that'll pay him such a ridiculous sum, and he'll probably end-up leaving on a free at the end of the season. Silly bastard. He could've captained this club one day but now he's just pissed that away.

If the Carroll situation is still an issue than I'd much rather have Big Andy in the squad. He's younger than Taylor and his development since the turn of the year has been staggering. Besides, who else would we play up front? Fuckin' Shola?

This orphan kid, Bebe, that Fergie signed for 7.5mil (despite being available for free a month ago) without even seeing him play, was shipped off to the reserves this week to train in preperation for the reserves game against Manchester City last night. United reserves manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has pretty much told Fergie that Bebe is shite and will never be good enough. He didn't even make the bench.

Good business. For another 8mil, Fergie could have bought Ozil. What a plank.

David Degen is a much, much, much, muchx3000 better footballer than his pointlessly useless bellend brother Phillip Degen. They only appear to share the same face. Everything else about them both is completely different.

Fifa 10 knows this too. They are identical twins, yet they look completely different on Fifa. They are even different heights. The less association with each other the better. I'm sure every time David watches his brother Phillip play uselessly, he denounces him with an "I HAVE NO BROTHER" sort of exclamation. Rightly so.

just reading about bebe, cracked me up! still not all of fergie's signings have been great, he's signed a fair few duds over the years! but first signs old father time might be catching up with him! his mind could well be going.

that 60 grand a week wage demand from steven taylor reeks of agent interference. absolutely absurd demand.

watching spurs not break too much sweat against those young boys and suffering predictably terrible ITV coverage. they really should admit defeat and accept they are not capable of producing decent football coverage. hope chiles new breakfast show with the buck teethed irish bint Frank Lampard's shagging is a disastrous flop as well.

I'm rooting for Inverness this season. RossP, can you offer anymore insight to this guy Johnny Haynes? He looks the absolute business everytime I catch Inverness highlights or snippets...

I can't offer enough praise for Johnny Hayes in terms of performance and attitude this year. He really is proving to be the best signing we have EVER MADE.

After Dougie Imrie left us last January, Johnny has had a stormer in every single game he's played... resulting in all the SFL teams doubling up markers on him; which he still dealt with ease. Championship teams tried to sign him, since his 1 year deal was up in May... but he turned them all down to stick with Inverness since we were the first club to give him a proper start.

He missed most of the pre-season, playing only 70mins against Clachnacuddin; before the opening game v. Celtic. But within 20 seconds he had skinned 5 of Celtic's midfield and defence on a straight run into the Celtic box. Unfortunately he tired quickly that day and fell out of the game.

His attitude is also spot on, as shown after the 4-0 win v. Dundee United. Despite tearing their defence apart, he said he was unhappy with his performance... as his final ball could've been a bit better, allowing the strikers a better chance to score.

In conclusion, he is the most talented and dangerous player we've ever had. Who has shown maturity and loyalty in signing a 2 year deal, turning down the lure of the Championship and better wages at other SPL clubs. If he continues playing this well, then I fully expect some bids England in December (prob from Middlesborough!). Considering they offered Dundee United 600k for Conway, who was a shadow of the player Hayes was on Sunday; i'd turn down anything less than 1 million).

:love::love::love: