aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone
Bobo Balde on a free.

They'll need the 2.3 million to pay his wages for the six months of his contract.

He'd be worth every penny. Fucking beast.

Our defence would have been just fine if we'd just played him instead of penny pinching and not playing him. I certainly would rather pay out whatever it was we had to pay out for his number of appearances and have him scaring the shit out of strikers, than not play him and pay him 30k a week to have Gary Caldwell swan about spraying hollywood passes to the opposition...

By the way Woods - how's McManus getting on?

Guest Gladstone
Half of it will go towards prising Craig Conway from Dundee United, I reckon. We could use a new keeper from somewhere as cover for Jason Steele but I don't think it'll be another SPL player.

I'm pretty surey you're in dire need of a left back.

Want Charlie Mulgrew ;)

Only kidding, I've decided he's going to turn into the best left back we've ever had.

Stuff

Just to point out, the transfer fee doesn't apply to the player but to their playing registration, so in theory Ben Arfa could say to Marseille "screw you guys, I'm off to join Newcastle", walk out and sign a contract at Newcastle, but it wouldn't do any good as Marseille would still hold his playing registration so Newcastle couldn't actually use him.

Realistically, there's laws within the game which prevent clubs offering contracts to other club's players, but I'd imagine the registration thing (as well as some form of common sense - ie not committing to a contract for a player you can't use) has a bearing on how some of the employment law issues can be avoided.

Its stupid that Craig Bellamy is no longer "welcome" or "allowed" within Manchester Citys training facilities. What a circus.

Incidentally, this. Yes, this. Bobby Manc has no right treating a hero like Bellers so shabbily. P45 please.

How ace did Lombardo look on the telly last night? He should be our manager.

Guest Gladstone
Just to point out, the transfer fee doesn't apply to the player but to their playing registration, so in theory Ben Arfa could say to Marseille "screw you guys, I'm off to join Newcastle", walk out and sign a contract at Newcastle, but it wouldn't do any good as Marseille would still hold his playing registration so Newcastle couldn't actually use him.

Realistically, there's laws within the game which prevent clubs offering contracts to other club's players, but I'd imagine the registration thing (as well as some form of common sense - ie not committing to a contract for a player you can't use) has a bearing on how some of the employment law issues can be avoided.

It boils down to the same thing though really doesn't it? The law isn't normally quite as prescriptive and literal as this. It will recognise that the "bit of paper" (i.e. the registration form or whatever it is that is signed with the FA) represents who the player can play for, and that if he signs an employment contract with another team he won't be able to play for them (/work for them).

I think it's just been accepted that (within reason) employment law doesn't apply to professional sport.

Won't Mario play out wide like he did for Inter?

I wonder what language they're all going to speak. It certainly won't be English. Not with Byker Grove and Emmerdale Farm at either side of David Silva.

Adam Johnson doesn't talk, he just stares at the ground and mumbles apologetically like an embarrassed school child who's forgotten his PE kit for the third week in a row.