aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I'm currently mulling over how cold (or how warm) it may be today... and if it'll rain (standing in the subway queue in the rain isn't much fun). I've forgotten how many layers are required for August games since it was mostly freezing all of last season!

Also, still trying to work out if James Beattie is actually a good signing. Hmmm.

On the rare occasion I go to Ibrox I usually wear one of these:

mask-suit.jpg

:p

...and yes, if Beattie stays fit he will be do well in the SPL I reckon.

Guest idol_wild
Ross just come clean, you love the dons don't you! No one will judge you here.

:love:

I will. If he admits to liking Aberdeen, I will no longer respect him.

This thread has also reminded me that Chris Maguire actually exists. I'm not even joking or placing my tongue in my cheek when I say that he is literally the worst professional football player I have ever seen.

Guest idol_wild
City are going to get dicked today. I can just feel it, and it feels good.

C'mon, you know football better than that. Spurs will fucking horse them, but still lose 1-0. It's the way it works.

Redknapp says they can win the title this morning. When has Redders ever told a pork pie? Saying that, with Joe Hart in goal, they've essentially built a brick wall on the goal line.

Balotelli sounds absolutely thrilled to have joined the richest team on the planet in the BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD. With a huge smile on his face, he erupted his sheer joy with "I would have preferred to have continued my professional career in my own country". No doubt he will give 110% in every minute with his Adebayor like enthusiasm, and his Jermaine Beckford never-say-die attitude. Plank.

This pains me but I'm going to defend redknapp here, what he said was that they could challenge for the top spot with 3 more top signings which he then admitted they were unlikely to get. So not quite so delusional as it could have sounded.

Still want Spuds to win this one though. Bale has been particularly impressive so far.

Before the game today he said "It's about time someone else won the title" and asked if Spurs could do it, he said Yes. I do think they're good enough, and I'd rate them more capable than Liverpool. I don't think they'll win it, but I think they'll finish above City. I also think Everton will finish above City. Controversial one that, but they've got a good team and manager, and they looked great in the second half of last season.

Shaun Wright Phillips is painful to watch, even when I don't want him and his team to win. I learned what "man on" meant when I was 6. He's in his late 20's, and I'm sure Mancini is still having to draw him explanatory pictures.

I thought that was more promising for city than the commentary made out. Very solid at the back from kompany and toure, hart was immense and the new boys got a run out against one of the toughest and quickest teams. Barry shielded well the whole game too.

Spurs should do well this season although champs league is gonna take its toll. They maybe need a few backup signings to keep key players fresh.

Woohoo! Paul Hartley did a pretty good job endearing himself to the dons faithfull today, Aluko and pawlett were the standouts though. They were all over Hamilton and if they stay fit will rip the smaller teams in the spl apart. At least until winter hits and the pitches get wrecked.

The dons were good but not great, Hamilton were awful though. How does a team give away 3 penalties? :D

Nail biting times in the first game of the season... dearie me.

Beattie had some nice touches but really needs match fitness. I can't believe I'm about to type that Lafferty had a decent game... And if Naismith stays fit he'll be really important for us.

Davis was out with a 'virus'. I hope it's not a 5m one!!!