aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild

Capello was receiving absolute pelters from the commentary team on Five Live last night. Mainly for not showing physical emotion when England scored.

Sersiously, Five Live: I think you have bigger things to discuss and ruminate over.

Capello was receiving absolute pelters from the commentary team on Five Live last night. Mainly for not showing physical emotion when England scored.

I dont even show physical emotion when Scotland score in a friendly. The sooner these games are played behind closed doors the better.

Guest idol_wild
I dont even show physical emotion when Scotland score in a friendly. The sooner these games are played behind closed doors the better.

The sooner these games are eradicated, the better.

Football is a competitive sport and friendlies have never sat well with me.

Considering it's the first time we've played the formation to suit Rooney best, it wasn't bad. Still. Nothing has changed in the midfield. It's one or the other. Gerrard or Lampard. Wilshere should have had 90 mins too. He and Tom Cleverley are possibly the future of Englands central attacking midfield. Give them a proper go!

Guest Gladstone

Scotland were pretty ding last night, has to be said. Wallace at LB was getting raped every single time. Christ, I might even be tempted to put Mulgrew in ahead of him... or me, or even Nefarious C...

Broadfoot's karate kick to the keeper's chin was probably our best moment.

Some real schoolboy defending, but it is the first time that 4 players have played together, so it was never going to be pretty. McGregor's save when the guy went one on one and tried to dink it over him was brilliant. McFadden looked pretty lively whenever he got the ball - Celtic are trying to sign him, I'd enjoy that... Adam looked okay in flashes, but getting caught in possession far too often. And, we need to play Kris Boyd every single game his first touch was a volley on the turn, which was well saved, and I think it was the closest we came to scoring all game. His runs in and around the box are a class above anything else Scotland has to offer, and he will score goals. I wouldn't be dead against Kenny Miller in the team if Boyd was up there alongside him, because they worked well together for the huns last season, but I'd rather see someone other than Miller up there, just because he's such a bad football player. Effort = 1 million %. Ability - 3 million %.

In Celtic news, we're in talks to try and get Bellamy back up on loan, which would be pretty fucking good. We desperately need a couple of defenders, and a better keeper would be marvellous, but if Bellamy is available on a loan for a year, I'd definitely take him back. We would admittedly have about 18 different attacking options, but fuck it we could win all our games 6-5 and I'd be pretty happy.

We're only 5 days into the Championship season and Steve Coppell's already had enough of being Bristol City manager or anyone else's manager for that matter. He sez - "It has become clear over recent weeks that I found I could not become passionate about the role and give the commitment the position demands.".

Strange one.

Scotland were pretty ding last night, has to be said. Wallace at LB was getting raped every single time. Christ, I might even be tempted to put Mulgrew in ahead of him... or me, or even Nefarious C...

Broadfoot's karate kick to the keeper's chin was probably our best moment.

Some real schoolboy defending, but it is the first time that 4 players have played together, so it was never going to be pretty. McGregor's save when the guy went one on one and tried to dink it over him was brilliant. McFadden looked pretty lively whenever he got the ball - Celtic are trying to sign him, I'd enjoy that... Adam looked okay in flashes, but getting caught in possession far too often. And, we need to play Kris Boyd every single game his first touch was a volley on the turn, which was well saved, and I think it was the closest we came to scoring all game. His runs in and around the box are a class above anything else Scotland has to offer, and he will score goals. I wouldn't be dead against Kenny Miller in the team if Boyd was up there alongside him, because they worked well together for the huns last season, but I'd rather see someone other than Miller up there, just because he's such a bad football player. Effort = 1 million %. Ability - 3 million %.

All of this.

I'd stick Boyd and Iwelumo in as a front 2 to use the big donkey as a battering ram and hope that chances fall at Boyd's feet. The quitter and the sitter-misser. That's probably why I'm not a football manager.

David James for player/manager.

I've been telling people for weeks that Celtic would be signing Bellers on loan, looks like it might finally come to fruition... I will say again. Bobby Manc must go.

In better news, Mark Hughes stupidly wants to sign Roque Santa Cruz. Again. Bet he won't spend 18M again though, the tosser.

Must've been upset because they missed out on getting Michael Owen on loan. He hates football now.

He should have hung around a bit longer, Man Utd have signed another striker this morning - Bb from Vitria de Guimares of Portugal for 7.4 million. I've never heard of the fella but Carlos Queiroz says he's reet good. Micky O might be on his way out after all.

Is it Manc's fault though? From what I heard, Bellamy has been openly criticising him. It doesn't matter too much. You've got David Silva, who is is silly good.

Yeah, Manc's been trying to get rid of Bellers since day one, and Bellers has criticised him as a result. Vicious circle.

Davie Silva down one wing and AJ down the other fills me with hope, but then with Bellers out in the cold, the backup would appear to be Robi and SWP. A moody lazy arse and a midget clown.

Yeah, Manc's been trying to get rid of Bellers since day one, and Bellers has criticised him as a result. Vicious circle.

Davie Silva down one wing and AJ down the other fills me with hope, but then with Bellers out in the cold, the backup would appear to be Robi and SWP. A moody lazy arse and a midget clown.

Ah fair enough. Bellamy seems to be adament there's not alot of life left in his legs anyway, so it might be for the best. You also seem to be nailed on for getting Milner, who can operate out wide, and if/when Balotelli ever signs, he looks at his most threatening out wide too. Now you just need central attacking players. Maybe Ireland could get a game?? No, that's silly.

Is there a better option?

It's not the new stadium I object to, it's the location. The beauty of Pittodrie is it's in the city centre, you can walk to it from town and you can get a bus there from every single area of Aberdeen. Plus you can walk out at full time and you're in the city centre so you can just go straight to the pub or get a bus home. Getting up to Loirston is going to be a fucking nightmare. There'll be traffic jams, the laid on buses will all be running late or too full to take people, people will miss the start of the game, and it'll be just as bad trying to get out again. You'll have to get a bus to the city centre then another bus to wherever you live. Plus, it's fucking miles away from anything. Who wants to come out of the football and go for a pint in the Altens Thistle hotel?

I won't be going to fucking Nigg anway. Stewart Milne just wants the ground that Pittodrie is on to build more of his shitey flats, as soon as we move, the Stewart Milne group will buy the land under Pittodrie and Milne will stand down.