aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Nah, Getafe are a totally decent side these days. They've got some smart home grown talent and a good manager. They were the dark horses of la liga last year and played great football.

All true but I've never really been able to like them with that awful Burger King logo on their shirts!

Decent draw for the Scottish sides, all have a chance to get through.

I'm ready for the season to start now, I'm losing interest in all the build up and pre-season friendlies.

the new season has officially kicked off in Engerland with Norwich v Watford, I see the SPL, like the Blue Square Premier and the other rubbish Premier league is kicking off a week later. Good luck to everyone and their teams whoever you support....

For most it will be a long, hard, frustrating season of probable disappointment with a few thrills bunged in along the way :)

Planning to make it up to Wrexham next Saturday, cant afford to go to away games usually but gonna make an exception for that one!

Bring it on!

Home to Dagenham and Redbridge tomorrow. Possibly the Premier League equivalent of the firey encounter between Blackburn Rovers and West Bromwich Albion. So, it's a glamour fixture, evidently. Hillsborough will be full to capacity I imagine. Our back up goalie will be called upon at short notice after Lee Grant left us last week. Nicky Weaver is the king of penalty box anyway. For some reason, Tudgay won't even be in the squad. Transfer speculation? Nah. He's just not mentally prepared for such a major clash. He needs to sit this one out. Leave it to Clinton Morrison.

I don't think it makes a difference that we didn't win a single one of our pre-season friendlies (excluding the ones against non-professional sides). Strolling through, preserving the squad.

Just give us the League Title now. Save everyone else the hassle and embarrassment.

Campiones, Campiones,

ol ol ol

crikey forgot daggers and redbridge are now in league one, that depresses me immensely, doesnt seem two minutes ago cambridge stuffed them in the conference.... they had just been crowned champions mind and were probably hungover from celebrating!

crikey forgot daggers and redbridge are now in league one, that depresses me immensely, doesnt seem two minutes ago cambridge stuffed them in the conference.... they had just been crowned champions mind and were probably hungover from celebrating!

Just what I thought! About them being in league 1 I mean, I know nothing of Cambridge :jester:

I went to a Daggers match in the conference once, it was a much better game than when I took some D+R fans to Todders.....:(

Just what I thought! About them being in league 1 I mean, I know nothing of Cambridge :jester:

I went to a Daggers match in the conference once, it was a much better game than when I took some D+R fans to Todders.....:(

Hobknobbed it in the league for 25 seasons almost made the first season of the premier league in 1992, got relegated to this tinpot league in 2005, made the play off final twice and beaten both times and still having difficulty coming to terms with the likes of daggers, morecombe, burton albion and stevenage all playing at a higher level. A loathing of Peterborough United even though we havent played them for 8 years so we spend our spare time taking the piss out of the village idiots from Histon.

Guest Gladstone

Did anyone watch Villa v Valencia tonight? Ended 0-0. I watched the second half and Villa look like a team with some potential. I may be doing Downing a dis-service here, the commentator seemed to think it was an off game for him, but I've never seen this guy do anything of merit. His final ball just doesn't seem to be there. They were talking about this magnificent left foot and ability to get good balls into the box, but every single time he kicked the ball, whether it was a 5 yard pass, a cross, a through ball or a free kick, he gave the ball away. I just don't get Stewart Downing at all.

He's another one in the mould of every wide midfielder to come out of Britain in the past 15 years. No end product. Here's a few examples: Shaun Wrong-Phillips, Aaron Lennon, Stewart Downing, Aiden McGeady, fuck I'm sure there are many more, but can't be hooped thinking of them.

What happened to guys who would go up the fucking line and whip the ball into the box? It's as if these guys concentrate too much on pace/skill/thinking about it too much or something and forget that their job as a winger is to put the ball in the box. I honestly think that when I was a bit younger I'd have been more use than some of these guys. I'm a naturally central player, but played a lot of my years out on the right or left and my first thought when I got the ball was always to get it into the box. My assists must have been through the roof some seasons. I wasn't skillful or particularly fast, but I could cross a ball because I practised crossing a ball knowing I had to do it on Saturday. I could take a good corner as well, which seems to allude a lot of professional footballers. They try to hard to "whip it in" and it dips at the near post and the first defender clears it. Frustrating as fuck to watch. Fuck - I even once scored from a corner. It's not that hard to direct a ball where you want it to go with a bit of practise!

Did anyone watch Villa v Valencia tonight? Ended 0-0. I watched the second half and Villa look like a team with some potential. I may be doing Downing a dis-service here, the commentator seemed to think it was an off game for him, but I've never seen this guy do anything of merit. His final ball just doesn't seem to be there. They were talking about this magnificent left foot and ability to get good balls into the box, but every single time he kicked the ball, whether it was a 5 yard pass, a cross, a through ball or a free kick, he gave the ball away. I just don't get Stewart Downing at all.

He's another one in the mould of every wide midfielder to come out of Britain in the past 15 years. No end product. Here's a few examples: Shaun Wrong-Phillips, Aaron Lennon, Stewart Downing, Aiden McGeady, fuck I'm sure there are many more, but can't be hooped thinking of them.

What happened to guys who would go up the fucking line and whip the ball into the box? It's as if these guys concentrate too much on pace/skill/thinking about it too much or something and forget that their job as a winger is to put the ball in the box. I honestly think that when I was a bit younger I'd have been more use than some of these guys. I'm a naturally central player, but played a lot of my years out on the right or left and my first thought when I got the ball was always to get it into the box. My assists must have been through the roof some seasons. I wasn't skillful or particularly fast, but I could cross a ball because I practised crossing a ball knowing I had to do it on Saturday. I could take a good corner as well, which seems to allude a lot of professional footballers. They try to hard to "whip it in" and it dips at the near post and the first defender clears it. Frustrating as fuck to watch. Fuck - I even once scored from a corner. It's not that hard to direct a ball where you want it to go with a bit of practise!

Aston Villa's Ashley Young, to an extent Joe Cole, hmmm... good question. Stewart Downing's better than you think he is, I reckon. Fantastic cross on him when he finds space.

Guest Gladstone
Aston Villa's Ashley Young, to an extent Joe Cole, hmmm... good question. Stewart Downing's better than you think he is, I reckon. Fantastic cross on him when he finds space.

Ashley Young looked really fucking good last night actually. But he was playing sometimes as a floating player and sometimes as a striker. He was really up for the game, and if someone other than Emile Heskey had been partnering him up front, Villa would probably have scored. They did have a young guy playing wide right - Albrighton - who looked like a cracking player, and he was getting the ball into the box. Unfortunately, Downing was seeing more of the ball than him and just giving it away. Reo Coker was fucking magic. I wish he played for Celtic... reckon they'd take McGeady in a straight swap for Reo Coker?

I didn't go, no. I was planning on making a week about it but the tyrants that are Stagecoach wouldn't give me the time off work. Poor.

Saying that, I'm quite glad I didn't go as we lost 2-1. Argh.

Yeah i opted not to go due to a lack of funds and also the fact that i can't bring myself to actually go to Ibrox.

Hatem Ben Arfa to sign for Newcastle by next week according to the Marseille chairman.

What the actual fuck?! Since when did we start signing good players whose best years are still ahead of them? Brilliant signing, and one that will continue the long Newcastle United tradition of buying stroppy French left wingers.

Hatem Ben Arfa to sign for Newcastle by next week according to the Marseille chairman.

What the actual fuck?! Since when did we start signing good players whose best years are still ahead of them? Brilliant signing, and one that will continue the long Newcastle United tradition of buying stroppy French left wingers.

Perhaps you could bail out Franck Ribery out of jail when he gets sent down for sticking his junk inside children. He loves a good strop too. He even hates playing football in the rain. MAN.