aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

The lyrics for "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits are about a salesman Mark Knopfler encountered in a electrical goods store, who was busy talking smack about all the rock stars on MTV who have never done a day's work in their life (unaware that he was actually talking to one). Everybody probably knew this already. I didn't.

Now look at them yo-yos thats the way you do it
You play the guitar on the mtv
That aint workin thats the way you do it
Money for nothin and chicks for free
Now that aint workin thats the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys aint dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these colour tvs

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy thats his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot hes a millionaire

Custom kitchens deliveries
We gotta move these colour tvs

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin in the camera
Man we could have some fun
And hes up there, whats that? hawaiian noises?
Bangin on the bongoes like a chimpanzee
Get your money for nothin get your chicks for free

Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these colour tvs, lord

Now that aint workin thats the way you do it
You play the guitar on the mtv
Money for nothin and your chicks for free
Money for nothin and chicks for free

It's probably been mentioned on here plenty, and I've probably overlooked it when it has, but Stuart Holden, who has pretty much had his knees bollocksed up by Jonny Evans, was born in Cults.

That's something I learned today, that everybody probably already knew.

He also plays for Sheffield Wednesday now. I didn't know that until I started watching the game against Dirty Leeds, and there he was. I tend to rarely know about loan deals happening, and then there they are, on the pitch. Oh yeah, there's that guy. And then they're gone in a few weeks.

Stuart Holden also used to a "professional" video gamer, specifically Counter Strike. There's something to fall back on incase his knees have been Evansed good and proper.

He posted a picture on Twitter last year of him as a child wearing an ABTRUST Dons top. Retro.

The picture is down now, but:

https://twitter.com/stuholden/status/164393813631172608

Breaking news: I've gone back in time and signed for Aberdeen #DeadlineDay #mightyDons pic.twitter.com/V93bM7sI

(Can I embed a Tweet on here?)

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

• 2 weeks later...

Nu-Grunge all-stars Puddle of Mudd's stellar hit "She Hates Me" is pretty much a complete, undeniable, rip off of Suicidal Tendencies' "I Saw Your Mommy" (apart from ST's thrash bit in the middle) which was released in 1983. The chords and groove are exact. There's even a few similar vocal hooks in there.

They didn't even try to make it different.

Both are bad songs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched a program about this woman tonight:

LisaMontgomeryG_468x524.jpg

Holy shit.

This crazy bitch convinced all her friends and family she was pregnant for 9 months, during which time she befriended a pregnant woman on the internet, she drove to her house, strangled her, CUT THE BABY OUT OF THE WOMAN'S STOMACH, then took it home and tried to pass it off as her own.  :eek:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/252727

• 1 month later...

James Cameron originally wanted Billy Idol to play the role of the T1000 in Terminator 2, but Billy Idol couldn't do it because of a motorbike accident.

I'm a sucker for knowing about who original candidates were for films and TV, like how David Schwimmer was originally going to be the lead for Men In Black, and not Will Smith, along with Clint Eastwood instead of Tommy Lee Jones. Man, that would have been great.

James Cameron originally wanted Billy Idol to play the role of the T1000 in Terminator 2, but Billy Idol couldn't do it because of a motorbike accident.

I'm a sucker for knowing about who original candidates were for films and TV, like how David Schwimmer was originally going to be the lead for Men In Black, and not Will Smith, along with Clint Eastwood instead of Tommy Lee Jones. Man, that would have been great.

Will Smith was originally going to play Neo in The Matrix.