aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

I saw him at the captains rest in Glasgow a few months ago (I shit you not! last minute change of venue apparently). It was so underwhelming it makes me want to cry. This Bliss is one of my favourite albums in the world ever but the live gig was just a waste of everyone's time. For your sake I hope it was all down to the PA system and the bellends in the crowd and also that you don't read this before you go. I'd still jump at the chance of seeing him in a decent venue, in front of a less glaswegian-hipster* crowd.

*the worst kind!

:(:(:(:(

Pub quiz at the Neuk last night. Didn't even place. Shocking performance. Then a few drinks at the Paddock. Portlethen night out, old school.

Today is a pyjama day. Currently watching the Leeds defence get torn apart by Swansea in a game that could turn into a bit of a rout. After this I will watch Soccer Saturday. Then tonight I will make myself Pad Thai.

Tomorrow the folks are home so I'll get up early and tidy and throw out all the flowers I failed to keep alive even though I watered them. Then I'll watch the Cup final. I'd like to try and get to the Kaddish gig but it depends on money which I don't currently have.

A big sloppy wank! :up:

Then rock out to some Quo, knowing you!

Ha Ha..... considering we've never met, you've probably pegged me quite accurately there...very perceptive of you.....think I will get out the Durex Tingle Lube and have a game of five against one !...... (although, later, I'll likely rock out to some blues as well as some Quo!)

....You must spread etc, etc....

I saw him at the captains rest in Glasgow a few months ago (I shit you not! last minute change of venue apparently). It was so underwhelming it makes me want to cry. This Bliss is one of my favourite albums in the world ever but the live gig was just a waste of everyone's time. For your sake I hope it was all down to the PA system and the bellends in the crowd and also that you don't read this before you go. I'd still jump at the chance of seeing him in a decent venue, in front of a less glaswegian-hipster* crowd.

*the worst kind!

It was nothing less than excellent tonight. He didn't come on until about 3/3.30 he was as I hoped. Little show he just played his songs and kept everyone dancing as the house Dj's had got the crowd going.

It was nothing less than excellent t8onight. He didn't come on until about 3/3.30 he was as I hoped. Little show he just played his songs and kept everyone dancing as the house Dj's had got the crowd going.

Cool. He looked like he couldn't be arsed in Glasgow and spent more time tweaking his sound desk to get the levels right than getting into his music. I'll definitely go see him again to make up for it. I love how late things start on the continent. You're never rushed. There's nothing worse than having to abruptly end your boozing to make it to a venue on time. Well there's plenty worse in the world but its annoying.

Got "The Kid" this weekend, so it'll be chilling with my partner and some movies tonight.

Saturday

Into Aberdeen coz The Kid has drama school. Pop into Brucies for a coffee, a fine piece and a news with Big Phil and Jamie.

Do some more work on my studio (just need drums and a bass amp now) and practice the new additions to the set list. Meet my big sis for coffee (I'll end up with the bill as usual, coz if there's any flies on her, they're paying rent). Movies in the evening.

Sunday

Running in the morning 5 or 6 miles. Gargantuan breakfast, more work on studio, go a walk with my partner and The Kid (weather permitting), watch some movies.

Tonight - me and Nefarious Craig are going to eat pizza and drink beer. Lads.

Tomorrow night - I've got the feeling Warden will get taps aff, no matter if I see him or not.

Sunday night - Edinburgh for my sister's 21st.

Now you know, you can put gaffer tape on my mouth and put me in yr van. Hurray!