aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

So, my weekend starts tonight. (And I'm off until 9th January - glorious!).

Tonight, we're heading into town for a few beers - probably Brew Dog (as haven't been in yet) and Snafu for a while.

Tomorrow - relying on public transport to get me out to Strichen, then probably spending the entire day helping the wife with Xmas meal type preparation.

Saturday - brother-in-laws for pre Xmas meal / beers etc.

Sunday - Xmas meal at our house with the folks etc.

Monday - round to my brother's for beers / Xmas presents etc

Tuesday - pub crawl in Strichen

Rock the fuck on.

My weekend doesn't start until tomorrow, but since you've started tonight, so will I.

Tonight - finishing some wrapping up, hanging out with a friend. Might be cooking if they've done an Asda shop.

Tomorrow - working (unless told not to(I hope I'm told not to)), then off to the DDP Christmas gig and perhaps the Christmas Rock Night at Korova.

Saturday - last minute gift buying and wrapping, hanging out with a friend or two.

Sunday - Christmas. Doing the rounds (giving and receiving gifts with relatives I don't see that much any more), then out to Kemnay for Christmas dinner at my Grandma's house.

Monday - hopefully hanging out with a "friend" and going for a few drinks.

Tuesday - no idea, probably not a lot. Probably just sitting dreading the fact I've to go back to work for 3 days before New Year.

I work in the call centre for the Irish mobile phone network Meteor. Sadly people get iPhones for Christmas and don't know how to work them so they have to phone Customer Care to ask how to switch them on and put in the SIM card or something. They're like "it's OK we're going to put on lots of food for you and you'll get to play games and stuff!" and I'm like YEAH THAT'LL MAKE HAVING TO WORK ON CHRISTMAS DAY BETTER.

Should really move this into the Pet Hates thread eh.

Guest Gladstone
Today - working until 10pm.

Friday - working until 10pm.

Xmas Eve - working until 10pm.

Xmas Day - working until 10pm.

Boxing Day - day off

27th - working until 10pm.

28th - working until 10pm.

29th - working until 10pm.

30th - day off.

31st - working until 10pm.

Awesome.

Well, you will be a rent boy.

• Upvote 1

I finish work today too and then off until the 9th. I had thought I'd be going out for a couple of beers tonight but it seems that wont be happening now, because other people are rubbish.

Anyway it's probably for the best, need to finish packing tonight and I can watch the football at home and not have a hangover at the airport tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow I have the joys of a flight to Newcastle and then a train up to Edinburgh. Spending christmas eve and day at my auntie's in fife with my dad and his side of the family. This will be great because my auntie is great in the kitchen, much better than my mum. And my dad's side of the family drink much more too. The only downside is I'll have to go to the Dunfermline - St Johnstone match on Saturday. It's going to be shit and bloody cold isn't it?

Up to Aberdeen on Boxing day for more merriment.

Speaking of working on Christmas Day I have a friend who works in a Swatch shop in a shopping centre and she has work. Who the fuck pops out on christmas to buy themselves a new watch?

I didn't even know shopping centres were open on Christmas Day. I thought everyone who worked there was at home rejoicing the baby jesus. Which they should be. I don't even go outside on Christmas day. Anyone who does obviously hates the baby jesus.
I do. I go to the pub (Drummonds is open). Because I hate the baby jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bcdK8QpOA

I didn't even know shopping centres were open on Christmas Day. I thought everyone who worked there was at home rejoicing the baby jesus. Which they should be. I don't even go outside on Christmas day. Anyone who does obviously hates the baby jesus.

People will be hanging out on top of the St. Nicholas centre this Sunday, with loaded 6 strings on their backs. Well, they did in 2004. *sob*

Friday: Working 10-6.30

Saturday: Working 10-6 then Christmas Eve dinner with my folks and my papa.

Sunday: CHRISTMAS DAY. ALL OF THE MOTHERFUCKING FOOD. PRESENTS.

Monday: Day of doing sod all. My brother and his girlfriend are coming over for dinner and boardgames so that'll be nice.

I'm off over New Years but I don't have much on. Might go to Stonehaven.

• 3 weeks later...