aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

The most beautiful place i have ever been is the Alps, no matter where you were, every direction you looked in just had the most stunning scenery. I would go back in a heartbeat to live there.

I lived in Grenoble for a year. One of my favourite places in the world. From wherever you are in the city you can see a huge fuck off mountain. 30 minutes from the nearest ski station too. Hot ski bunnies awai. Roasting in the summer. Bliss. Perfect for outdoorsy types coz there's so much to do (boarding, climbing, biking, hang gliding, etc) Only drawback of living in the alps is you are miles away from water/a beach.

I can live with that. This post has made me think how much i would love to live in a place like that. How expensive is it there? I was too young to really take things like that on board when i was in Aosta.

Slightly cheaper than the UK. Rent is a fair bit cheaper, so is eating out but everything else is pretty comparable. I can only talk for the French alps of course but if you fancy it my advice would be do a ski season first, work in the chalets, etc. (there are plenty of sites/companies who hire seasonla workers). Then work in a bar in the off-season. Loads of british folk do that. You don't even need to learn much of the language.

• 2 weeks later...

Homemade burgers for tea tonight, might nip into Deeside Drinks Emporium for some beer to go with.

Rugby in the pub tomorrow and maybe a pub dinner as well.

Avoiding the cup final on Sunday. If the weather forecast is telling the truth probably by being outside as much as possible. Cooking something involving pheasant for tea.

Oooh - nae muckle.

Got The Kid this weekend so it'll be the usual trip into The 'Deen on Saturday for her drama school. I'll probably go for the Fat Boy Special breakfast at Brucies and wahn o' thae excellent Smoothies from Fuel in Bon Accord Centre to wash it down.

Lots of practicing to do and some stuff needs set up in my studio.

Some hoose painting.

DVD's

Beer

Sunday League at Inverdee?

Welfare League at Hazlehead?

Co-ed soccer in Harlem.

A bit different. Still can't get used to playing with quines but u do get to feel their tits in a tacle every so often.

Edit: and they're all much better than the guys. I'm like a demi-god in the league I play in because I know what a side-footed pass is and don't follow the ball.

• 3 months later...

Remember this thread? Where we re-phrased "i'll be wanking the whole weekend' in a as many ways as possible.

Fit's abdy deein this wknd?

My maw's in town so i'm getting in some family bonding. Then a Raekwon gig (might take her along) and footie on sun. Weather's gonna be scorching too.

I'm going to an open air cinema tonight in the grounds of a castle. There's a concert before it and you can take in all the booze and food you like. Only 5 euros. The film tonight is Some Like it Hot, which I've never seen but have wanted to.

I think I might be playing Volleyball at the beach on Sunday. I haven't played volleyball since school and I was shit then. I'm just hoping there will be one person worse than me.