aberdeen-music

Weekend

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Glorious thread. Fucking glorious.

I'm killing time just now - meeting old uni buddies with girlfriends/wives for a meal at the Dutch Mill this evening. Meal on Sunday evening out at the New Pitsligo Arms (sounds shit but it's affa funcy and supposed to be affa good) to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Day aff on Monday. Magic.

Glorious thread. Fucking glorious.

I'm killing time just now - meeting old uni buddies with girlfriends/wives for a meal at the Dutch Mill this evening. Meal on Sunday evening out at the New Pitsligo Arms (sounds shit but it's affa funcy and supposed to be affa good) to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Day aff on Monday. Magic.

Lovely. Congratulations on two years. It's my sister's first anniversary on Sunday too.

I'm heading home tonight to spend some time with the parents/gather possessions I left there to sell on ebay and earn some cash-dollar. Then back into town tomorrow afternoon, possibly followed by a meal with human man-friend, my cousin and his girlfriend. Work on Sunday.

Serious query re Go Ape

Just home from work, i'm working tomorrow and sunday and then again on monday. Each day will be nearly a 12 hour day filled with speaking the same legal disclaimers, raking the same landing sites, climbing the same zip wires and nearly dying on the same platforms at the opposite end. I genuinely love my job and i'm not sure why.

Come visit if you like. Days Out at Go Ape | Outdoor Adventure Activities

Not even a shame worthy bump, genuinely suggesting it for anyone who wants an afternoon out. Crathes castle has some great scenery round about it too.

Hi John,

Have you ever had a really OLD group there.

I think it could be fun to invite my Rotary friends. Do you think this is wise? Has anyone croaked up a tree yet?

Graham

Guest Gladstone

My mate who is at T in the Park this weekend just texted me saying he's watching Her Majesty and the Wolves and the female singer is completely naked on stage...

What a bastard. The only person I ever saw naked on stage was the guy from Scissor Sisters...

We've had some surprisingly elderly people make it round the course with out any problems. Grand parents 70 or 80+ taking round their grand children or family outings. I wouldn't advise it to anyone who may have pre existing conditions that could be made worse by climbing, hard landings or trying to to make their way over unstable ground. But anyone who is in reasonable shape can do the course and i'm yet to meet someone (other than the normal grumpy arseholes expected in every customer service role) who hasn't enjoyed the course!

Thanks John for your informative reply.

I am intrigued and will have to make a visit to check this out. I don't want to take my Rotary members and half of them croaking on a day out.

Maybe I should challenge Shaki, Soda Jerk, Teabags, Lucky Rathen, Robert Knight and Foxhunting to join me in trying out "Go Ape at Crathes." In the interest of research - I will pay and Dubya could take piles of embarrassing photographs for Aberdeen Music's photo gallery. How about it guys?

• 4 months later...

I'm knackered after the work's christmas do last night but I'll manly soldier on anyway. Mark Watson at the lemon tree tonight then the Ury Players' panto tomorrow night in Stoney. Probably going to try and fit in some running as well depending on the weather.

oh, I'm going to see !!! this weekend. Looking forward to that. I love a good ungoogleable band.

I see !!! and raise you ????

Although I think the name is actually pronounced 'why does this sound exactly like meshuggah????' but they are still ace. On a similar note 1980 are ace too. Crazy French and their band names. (first band do use 'four question marks' but the second use 1980 on everything -> http://www.1980theband.com/index.html)

I am revising this weekend. Exams on Monday and Tuesday :(