aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Right on. If my puny club ever made it into Europe, I'd have my fingers crossed we drew one of the giants, for the experience and entertainment. It's pretty obvious Rangers aren't going to win the CL, so if you're a supporter, it'd only be a good thing to have a full strength Barcelona squad playing at Ibrox, yet the Sportscene pundits are rejoicing that Rangers got the 'easy' group, which can only back the assumption that they don't really know much about non-SPL football.

Yup. Got my email today to say it's 96 for my 3 ticket bundle. Which is 15 cheaper than a non-season ticket holder.

Wonder if it would've been a different price had it been Barcelona instead of Sevilla. Still excited about it though.

our last one was a fantastic day out on the sauce, however the result was crushing!

not this time though as I have the car, the missus and a match report to write :(

Brave man. Hope you at least get good weather down there, that length of journey back when you lose and can't get straight onto the cough medicine is a stinker.

hopefully :up:

American consortium flew-in for takeover talks this morning, but I'm trying not to get too carried away. Even if we get taken over by rich yanks I'd be wary of celebrating because of the sneaking feeling it'd come back and hit me in the face, like when Ashley took over, like when we signed Owen, like when we were 12 points clear at the top of the league.

When Newcastle score with Lady Luck you just know she's going to whip out a cock.

• Upvote 1

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hopefully he'll be whapping it oot at Pittodrie on 28th November. Stay away from the Merkland stand for that game Lucky.......

I'll probably wait till i get home... That would be quite a shot for the Sky Sports cameras.

quite agree about the champions league set up, its just aimed at TV audiences and making money out of having more games (only for managers to then complain about a fixture pile up). how can it be called a champions league when teams who finished 4th in their league qualify?

i'm old enough to remember the old knock out system which was far more exciting, when nottingham forest won it in 1980 they had to play new league champions liverpool in the first round!!!! i'd have it champions only and drop the league, i've found the group stages pretty dull now, knock out much more exciting imo.

quite agree about the champions league set up, its just aimed at TV audiences and making money out of having more games (only for managers to then complain about a fixture pile up). how can it be called a champions league when teams who finished 4th in their league qualify?

i'm old enough to remember the old knock out system which was far more exciting, when nottingham forest won it in 1980 they had to play new league champions liverpool in the first round!!!! i'd have it champions only and drop the league, i've found the group stages pretty dull now, knock out much more exciting imo.

The knockout stages would also prevent the outsiders from playing flat back tens, in an attempt to finish 3rd so they can co into the Champions League Junior. The little guys need to come into the competition and play it like a cup final, and they don't, so the group stages are poor.

Even if it was group stages but purely just the league champions taking part, therefore allowing big clubs to clash, that would be great. TV completely ruins football.

The knockout stages would also prevent the outsiders from playing flat back tens, in an attempt to finish 3rd so they can co into the Champions League Junior. The little guys need to come into the competition and play it like a cup final, and they don't, so the group stages are poor.

Even if it was group stages but purely just the league champions taking part, therefore allowing big clubs to clash, that would be great. TV completely ruins football.

I don't see how changing from group stages to knockout would change the mentality of smaller teams. They'll all just "do a Rangers" ; aim for a 0-0 and hope to nick a goal somewhere in the 180 minutes. Those were some of the most boring european matches I've ever seen.

It's not TV, it's the cash generated by it. There's not enough leagues in europe to provide anywhere near the current revenue if you allow only champions into the CL.

I like the new 4th round qualification split. With 25% of the champions league teams this season being debutants it's certainly helping the smaller clubs and nations. One thing I'd change though: I noticed all 4 English teams were in pot 1 for the draw. Maybe they shouldn't allow teams from the same country to be in the same pot. That could throw up some cracking groups (e.g. German champs, Spain 2nd, Italy 3rd, England 4th) and give the lesser teams more of a chance of getting through to the knockout stages.

As for managers moaning about too many matches. I bet if you were to ask every manager in the world whether they'd prefer to play 0,6 or 13 CL matches this season 100% of them would say 13.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Half time at Pittodrie and it's been pretty ding so far. We've had a lot of possession but zero shots on goal. Well have had a few chances, they definitely look more likely to score and they're defending well. John Sutton is being a handful. Shock of the first half was Ricky Foster picking up the ball on the halfway line and going past like 5 players. He still cocked up the final ball like.

0-0 Dons v Motherwell. Second half was much better, Michael Paton came on at half time and really made a difference. He looks a real player and he's a sturdy wee bastard as well. Our big problem was nobody willing to take a shot. We had all the possession in the second half and kept fucking about passing it round on the edge of the box, nobody would have a dig. Pass marks- Paton, Ifil, Aluko. Must do better- Mackie, and Lee Miller who was completely anonymous for 90 minutes.

Yeah he came on in the second half. Had a few decent touches but he didn't look great to be honest. He sent a few passes astray on a rare day when we were passing the ball around really well. I got a mention on Your Call calling Lee Miller an 'absolute pudding' and a 'lazy waste of space'. Lol

• Upvote 1

Yeah he came on in the second half. Had a few decent touches but he didn't look great to be honest. He sent a few passes astray on a rare day when we were passing the ball around really well. I got a mention on Your Call calling Lee Miller an 'absolute pudding' and a 'lazy waste of space'. Lol

ha, i just heard that. in the two minutes of your call i could actually stand listening to.

Grassi's probably lacking a bit of match sharpness. Here's hoping he doesn't turn out to be the new Juan Cobian or Nicolas Fabiano...

Sounds like Miller's been a right cunt recently. Clearly has eyes on his next club, I reckon.

Grassi's probably lacking a bit of match sharpness. Here's hoping he doesn't turn out to be the new Juan Cobian or Nicolas Fabiano...

Sounds like Miller's been a right cunt recently. Clearly has eyes on his next club, I reckon.

With his shite can't be arsed performances, he'll be going nowhere.