aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I'd make the Champions League the Champions from each country only and the winners of their main cup competition

This is what it really should be, hence why it changed its name to the Champions League. It must be a due a name change soon since it's not really a Champions League, but a handful of top teams from big leagues, and a few nobodies. The last stages are always merely England, Spain and Italy, plus a potluck of either Germany or Portugal. All English ties are rubbish too, but they keep happening.

It would give smaller European Leagues a bit more of a chance to compete and get rid of same-country clashes. It just seems a bit more ptrestigious if just one team is representing that countries top flight.

Did you feel comfortable in the stadium?

You're on edge the whole day really, its hard to explain.

What was Upton park tube station like before and after, bet it was fucking mental.

The worst bits were during the game apparently. After the game its restricted to a couple of areas really so slightly easier for the old bill as they then know whos who. As opposed to small groups of Millwall walking about un-noticed during the afternoon.

i'm with dave-irl

i'd banish the seeding system. i might let barca etc skip the qualifying round, but then everybody goes into the pot... if they were REALLY desperate to keep Man U away from Liverpool or whatever, they could always use the old 'heated balls' trick.

david murray would probably sell you his old set from the 80's :)

he's spent 100 million on rangers? fuck that

I think he's nursing his wounds from a pretty poor start to his career in Italy.

Yep. Didn't get many chances in a Milan side that had Seedorf and Kaka', so I think he's wanting to hang about Bordeaux being the main man and getting first team football ahead of the World Cup. Brilliant player, but he needs the team built around him.

Full Champions League Groups:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa

Group B: MANCHESTER UNITED, CSKA Moscow, Besiktas, Wolfsburg

Group C: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich

Group D: CHELSEA, FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, APOEL

Group E: LIVERPOOL, Lyon, Fiorentina, Debrecen

Group F: FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, FC Rubin Kazan

Group G: Sevilla, RANGERS, Stuttgart, Unirea

Group H: ARSENAL, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard

You're certainly underestimating Sevilla. They will ruin Rangers. Great team.

I figured that I would be underestimating the other teams. I don't pay an awful lot of attention to other leagues, so I guess when it wasn't one of the 'big' ones... I suppose that since we'll probably get put out I would rather it was to Barca or Man Utd. Lol.

Those words will never go together...

Hahaha. I didn't say Rangers would be glamourous!!!

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

The seeding system represents everything that's wrong with football IMO. UEFA and FIFA just make it easy for the big teams to walk into the final, and ensure the small teams get an impossible draw. I'd ditch it completely if it were me. Right from the qualifying rounds everybody gets thrown in. Then we really see who's the best team. I'd also bring in the 6+5 rule, but that's a discussion for another day. Oh also i'd make it so Rangers have to play without a keeper.

The criticism Mourinho is getting for subbing Muntari because he felt he was lacking in energy due to fasting for Ramadan is unjust in my opinion. It's a fair assumption to make. No food in your belly means less energy. Just because it's a religious act shouldn't mean Mourinho can't use it as a legitmate reason for substitution. It seems that as soon as anyone mentions religion things get immediately blown out of proportion and scandal is created from nothing. Bugs me.

The criticism Mourinho is getting for subbing Muntari because he felt he was lacking in energy due to fasting for Ramadan is unjust in my opinion. It's a fair assumption to make. No food in your belly means less energy. Just because it's a religious act shouldn't mean Mourinho can't use it as a legitmate reason for substitution. It seems that as soon as anyone mentions religion things get immediately blown out of proportion and scandal is created from nothing. Bugs me.

My personal view, although EU discrimination law probably says otherwise, is that a religiously motivated lifestyle choice is of no greater importance than a secular one in relation to the effect on an employee's performance. If Mourinho didn't take the physical condition of his players into account, he wouldn't be doing his job.

I look forward to seeing Mourinho take on Islam :popcorn:

My personal view, although EU discrimination law probably says otherwise, is that a religiously motivated lifestyle choice is of no greater importance than a secular one in relation to the effect on an employee's performance. If Mourinho didn't take the physical condition of his players into account, he wouldn't be doing his job.

I look forward to seeing Mourinho take on Islam :popcorn:

Exactly my thoughts on the matter. I could understand the fuss if he had slagged off the religion itself but all he was concerned with was the condition of his player. Hardly fattwa worthy.

Based on previous performances,I'd fancy Mourinho in the fight.

I figured that I would be underestimating the other teams. I don't pay an awful lot of attention to other leagues, so I guess when it wasn't one of the 'big' ones... I suppose that since we'll probably get put out I would rather it was to Barca or Man Utd. Lol.

Right on. If my puny club ever made it into Europe, I'd have my fingers crossed we drew one of the giants, for the experience and entertainment. It's pretty obvious Rangers aren't going to win the CL, so if you're a supporter, it'd only be a good thing to have a full strength Barcelona squad playing at Ibrox, yet the Sportscene pundits are rejoicing that Rangers got the 'easy' group, which can only back the assumption that they don't really know much about non-SPL football.