aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Exactly the reason I look out for them and want them to do well. Seems like a proper footie culture is brewing there.

2427324429_566ae40d39.jpg

Please tell me You'll never walk alone is NOT playing there...(Could easy be mistaken for a Liverpool pic, but for the big 'Sun' ads alongside Adidas and Carlsberg. Something you defo wouldn't see at Anfield)

I've seen a few Toronto games on ESPN when I was away travelling and was always impressed with the how the atmosphere came across.

They've had a few players who've played over here as well, Collin Samuel and Danny Dichio spring to mind.

Main thing that I like about them though...the name.

Toronto F.C.

None of this Wizards/Galaxy/Earthquakes/Soccerstars pish that the rest of the MLS and A-League in Oz come out with.

Just the city name followed by the words Football and Club. Magic :up:

I don't know what it is exactly they are doing so right. I'd be interested in knowing whether the crowd is made up of mostly the Immigrant european/hispanic population or whether it's the regular joe maple leaf fan types who are switching sports?

The crowd at Toronto is mainly immigrants. Been to a couple of games there.

They were utter horsehit last season..... doing better this year.

Anyone else really liking the new Sky Sports advert?

Really spells out what being a Scotland and ICT fan means to me :up:

YouTube - Sky's Premier League advert sky sports

Maybe i'm just get more emotional as I get older...

Craig Gordon having a stormer for Sunderland tonight btw. Simply awesome, which is great news for Scotland a week and a half or so away from the Macedonia game

I've heard that rumour as well.

He's not even in the squad for an understrength Sunderland game in the Carling Cup tonight, so i'd imagine he'll be off on loan, at least, in the next few days.

"Yogi" has denied the reports and I can't see anything about it other than on message boards.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | H | Hibernian | Hibs keen to retain striker Nish

I'm sure he said he'd never want to play for another Scottish club when he left Aberdeen although I maybe dreamt that. I have really interesting dreams sometimes.

"Yogi" has denied the reports and I can't see anything about it other than on message boards.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | H | Hibernian | Hibs keen to retain striker Nish

I'm sure he said he'd never want to play for another Scottish club when he left Aberdeen although I maybe dreamt that. I have really interesting dreams sometimes.

If you dreamt it, I dreamt it too.

Who's to say he's not on his way back to the Dons? McGhee expects to sign two more players by the end of this week...

joelStraws.jpg

Both teams should be binned from the competition IMO.

I agree, and West Ham should play their next few cup games behind closed doors to boot. The pitch invasions are just inexcusable, especially as they happened twice!

Five Live are hinting that the policing and stewarding wasn't up to scratch too.

Why didn't the ref abandon the game though?

I agree, and West Ham should play their next few cup games behind closed doors to boot. The pitch invasions are just inexcusable, especially as they happened twice!

Five Live are hinting that the policing and stewarding wasn't up to scratch too.

Why didn't the ref abandon the game though?

Three pitch invasions! Mass mindlessness.

Unless you have riot police lined across any entrance to the pitch area from kick off then there's not a lot that can be done regarding pitch invasions. Big fences next. The ruin of the British games atmosphere.

I agree, and West Ham should play their next few cup games behind closed doors to boot.

Not sure I agree with that to be honest, the only thing that West Ham and Millwall did wrong as clubs was to draw each other in the cup in the first place.

Punishing the clubs, players and staff, not to mention the football supporting fans will do nothing to reprimand the mindless thugs who were just there for a fight last night.

I heard there were firms from as far as Leeds and Cardiff there last night, who were involved on both sides of the fighting.

Having this game as a late kick off midweek meant that all the hooligans had all day to get pished and organise a scrap, it was blatantly obvious from the moment the draw was made that something like this would happen.

An internet search reveals that the documentary Spurlock is working on that airs on 14th January in the US is a fox special on The Simpsons.

Morgan Spurlock to Direct Simpsons Documentary | /Film

Groundskeeper Willie connection? Did Homer not make some comment regarding "Aberdeen Rules"? Seems a long way to come for such a trivial thing but I suppose he'll have a fair budget....