aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

i am wondering if man city have managed to keep something quiet, i mean last season i had no idea robinho was even contemplating a move to eastlands. but the way they've conducted themselves this pre season i think its unlikely.

in other news, wenger has been moaning about man utd playing 'anti football'

BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Wenger fury at 'repeated fouls'

he really should learn to take defeat on the chin (dont suppose he will now far too long in the tooth). i agree arsenal were unlucky not to get anything out the game but these stupid rants are becoming tiring. and man utd still have the three points.

was funny as fuck when he was sent to the stands after his little strop (justified though but the 'goal' was clearly offside)

Him standing on top of the dugout was incredible, with the jeering United fans and everything. After the game, he took it in good stride. He was chuckling about it, which seemed quite admirable, until the next day, when he had a right good moan about the game. I think his rant about the fouling is a little unjustified. It seems as if he is suggesting Fletchers place in the side is just to commit fouls, which is quite insulting for a player of his calibre, yet Gallas made a deliberate foul, stopping Rooney from getting through, which seems to be praised in the modern game now by commentators, as "taking one for the team". Neither side played great. Almunia made a stupid decision, and Diaby scored a beauty, equalling Michael Owens scoring record this season. They were penalised for making such terrible howlers, where as United looked very solid defensively, apart from the last minute, but Gallas was offside anyway. The best part of it is hearing Arsenal fans claim Rooney to be a "diving cunt" considering the occurance midweek, and also that it was a shoe-in penalty regardless. Went down a little easy, but there's no player on earth who would sidestep or leap over the lunging arms of a keeper stupid enough to make such a stupid decision. At least Boruc never dived in with any of his limbs, and merely blocked him off.

almunia has always been a liability, it was a stonewall penalty no doubt about it. players in the box are always going to go down a little easy but thats part and parcel of the game.

i like wenger, he's an entertaining buffoon but he dont half come out with some shite at times!

I like Wenger too, but like alot of the managers competing at the top of the league, he spouts a bit of nonsense which Fergie and Rafa are equally guilty of. The EPL certainly misses the presence of Mourinho. He was a character.

I can't see City unveiling a 'galactico' on deadline day like last season, but Sir Alex has fees he recieved for Ronaldo, Campbell, Martin and Eckersley, on top of the money the board coughed up for Tevez (half went on Valencia). He's vowed not to spend again this summer, but it was speculated that he was simply playing down links to get rid of speculation, and the friendly against Valencia in pre-season was rumoured to be to initiate a swoop for Villa and Silva. It really seems he's not going to strengthen at all however, when he really needs a provider in midfield. Giggs looked awful on Saturday. He's up for the task of supersub against the lower league sides, but not the big games. He really looked his age.

Wednesday have got til tomorrow to get rif of Jeffers, or we're stuck with him, possibly FOREVER. Imagine that. Nightmares.

Wenger is a prize bellend, but I did find his performance in the stands and interview very funny on saturday. He momantarily went up in my estimation. If anything it is possibly a clever ploy to divert the media's attention from Eboue's dive, especially in the game after Eduardo's cheating.

Most Arsenal players are scum.

almunia has always been a liability, it was a stonewall penalty no doubt about it. players in the box are always going to go down a little easy but thats part and parcel of the game.

i like wenger, he's an entertaining buffoon but he dont half come out with some shite at times!

I reckon Arsene knows exactly what he's doing, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that he says a lot of that stuff just to get on the opposition's tits. I believe he recently came out and admitted that most of his "I didn't see it"'s were total bullshit, and he seems far too intelligent a guy to continually genuinely believing in some of the shite he spouts. By saying what he's said today he's taking a heck of a lot of heat off his diving plays, which is a smart little move indeed. Mindgames and that, innit?

The image of him standing in front of the Manure fans with his arms out is absolutely golden, though.

Wenger is a prize bellend, but I did find his performance in the stands and interview very funny on saturday. He momantarily went up in my estimation. If anything it is possibly a clever ploy to divert the media's attention from Eboue's dive, especially in the game after Eduardo's cheating.

Most Arsenal players are scum.

I like alot of Arsenal players. Arshavin goes without saying. Clichy is mint. Walcott. Wilshire, Bendtner. All quality. Wenger is a class act also, if not a bit repetitive to listen to. He says the word "quality" in every post match interview he's ever been in. If he were to send his assistant to do the interview instead, I bet he'd slip him a piece of folded up paper beforehand, with the word "quality" written on it, as a reminder. God help him if he forgot.

Wenger: "You didn't say quality, did you?"

Assistant Wenger: "You know, it never came up"

Wenger: "Bastard"

Ooft!! Just been sent this video of a shocking tackle from the weekend's football

If you are squeemish (sp?) at all, please don't click on this link! You won't like it...

YouTube - Witsel breaks Wasilewski's Leg in two [REAL FOOTAGE] [HD] Anderlecht - Standards 1-1

That's the worse one I've ever seen. Absolutely horrendous. The soundtrack is pretty horrid too.

Ooft!! Just been sent this video of a shocking tackle from the weekend's football

If you are squeemish (sp?) at all, please don't click on this link! You won't like it...

YouTube - Witsel breaks Wasilewski's Leg in two [REAL FOOTAGE] [HD] Anderlecht - Standards 1-1

Jesus, that was fucking grim :puke:

The boys foot is just flopping around like a ragdoll. That looks like a career ender. But then so did Larsson's and Eduardo's and they came back OK.

Worst news of the weekend was little Luka Modric getting injured :(

Incredible player.

good news for england though!!!!

yes i saw that horror tackle from the belgian league.

this is still the one that really makes me skin crawl, david busst back in 1996,

another one not for the faint hearted! Peter Schmeichel (and other man u players) apparently needed councilling afterwards!!! unsuprisingly Busst never played professionally again but not due to the injury itself but because of an infection when he was in hospital. however busst still plays at 42 in the midland combination league but he never played professionally again after that. he works behind the scenes at coventry these days. i remember seeing him on tam cowans show offside a few years ago and his leg was some sight! he had to have 26 operations on it!

yes agree about wenger and mind games, he's the master of them. i agree he's way too intelligent. this is my fave arsne moment when he squared up to alan pardew a few seasons ago!

YAS MIN! Top of the league. Fucking love it.

Bit nervy at times but that's to be expected when we're playing at home in this league. Leicester looked reasonably cohesive but I don't understand why they didn't make more use of big Steve Howard up front. They didn't play to their strengths at all and our makeshift defence (Danny Simpson at CB, what the fuck?) had a very comfortable game as a result.

Absolute cracker of a finish from Guthers, and good play from Fat Kev and Nile Ranger to set it up, too. Ranger had a very good game, actually; he didn't look great against Huddersfield but he came out tonight with a point to prove. Plenty of energy and a lot of strength, and he looked half-decent in the air too. For an 18 year old leading the line alone at St. James's park he coped with the pressure admirably and did a sterling job. Very unselfish player who's always looking to bring others into the game. Fair play to the lad.

Alan Smith MOTM for me again. Leads with example and isn't scared to get stuck in. He protected the back four well tonight and he's cut out a lot of the ridiculous Superman challenges he often attempts. Hope he continues playing so well.

Could do with a couple of cheeky loans tomorrow, like. That bench was ridiculous...

Ranger looked good. A bit clumsy with the ball, like most 18 year old debutants are, but he could be pretty special if he continues with that kind of confidence. Great goal from Guthrie too, but a bit of a stalemate of a game. Not the most entertaining. Smith and Barton really owned the midfield though, which was good to see.