aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Usually I love deadline day, but I know that we're not going to be in a better position at 5pm than we were this morning. Got my fingers crossed for a couple of loans and free agents, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The players we've been linked with (Gareth Bale, Peter Lovenkrands, Craig Cathcart) would improve our squad immeasurably though. A winger, centre-back and striker are absolutely vital.

You've also been linked with Beckford, just like everyone else has. I think even I've been linked with Beckford. He's going to come and put up some shelves for me and plaster the walls.

My favourite deadline joke so far (they are all terrible, including this one)

FRANCK RIBERY SIGNS NEW CONTRACT

With Vodafone. 500 Minutes. Unlimited Texts. 30 a month.

our squad is still a bit thin but on the bright side we have a bunch of enthusiastic kids who have come up through the youth system and its great seeing them get first team opportunities. i think ling might try and get a couple of loan signings in today mind. we'd be a bit stuffed if we had a major injury crisis.

going to miss all the fun and frolics of deadline day as i'm off to the cinema to see the new tarentino film this afternoon.

yeah i got that impression, last years was ace with man city signing robinho and united getting berbatov but as you say most the big name transfers have been done. having said that wouldnt be suprised if one of the big clubs makes a major signing we never saw coming!

these are the ones so far, nothing too exciting yet!

Radanfah Abu Bakr [unattached - Swansea]

Adam Barton [Preston - Crawley] Loan

Tal Ben Haim [Manchester City - Portsmouth] Undisclosed

Leigh Bromby [sheffield United - Leeds] Undisclosed

David Carney [sheffield United - FC Twente] Undisclosed

Danny Collins [sunderland - Stoke] 2.75m

Dominic Collins [Preston - Crawley] Loan

Alain Emerson [Crusaders - Dungannon Swifts] Free

Joe Lamplough [unattched - Mansfield] Non-contract

Tom Lees [Leeds - Accrington] Loan

Sean Mackle [unattached - Portadown]

John Martin [Linfield - Crusaders] Free

Darren O'Dea [Celtic - Reading] Loan

Blair Sturrock [unattached - Mansfield]

Borja Valero [West Brom - Real Mallorca] Loan

Ben Watson [Wigan - QPR] Loan

Hassan Yebda [benfica - Portsmouth] Loan

Craig Bellamy will probably get jettisoned and then sulk and then demand to be the number 1 striker at his new club, and then fall out with the manager before Xmas, and then sulk again.

bellamy is deluded if he thinks he's going to compete with the strikers man city have at their disposal. a move to bolton or sunderland would suit him better i think!

Fergie has sworn he's not buying anyone else this summer, and Hughes has hinted he's finished as well. It only really leaves Chelsea, and Ribery is reported to be in London, but that could be as bogus as 99% of the deadline day banter.

i believe liverpool have bugger all money for transfers i think cos of their dodgy finances??

arsne could well make a shrewd signing for the gunners

5pm deadline sucks - midnight is far more exciting!

Saints linked with Stevie Hammell and Steven McGarry from Motherwell, doesnt look like either will happen now though, would love to see wee Steven back at his rightful home though, sat a few seats along from him at the Semi-final last season at Hampden, die-hard Saint. Hammell I'd take in a minute, if only to keep Bombscare Camara out of the team.

Two of Hamiltons summer signings have walked out on the club - Iriepken after 5 weeks having just been made club captain and Rubiales after 2 weeks! Plus they sold Offiong for 70k, released Elebert and possibly punting a few others today. Nailed on for the drop I'd say.