aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music stalking.

Lemonade

I saw Dave Shower yesterday afternoon, standing at some traffic lights. Excellent green cross code skills.

I pride myself on them. Where was this? If I remember right I would have a had a sleeping bag with me, if it was before 3.30. After that I'd have been looking forlorn as I would have been on my way to work.

ah, cool. It's my 'local', that.

It was the first time I've actually been in and sat down in many years, usually I'm just outside and make a quick visit to the bar. It's quite nice nowadays actually, been scrubbed up nicely. Also it no longer appears to be full of rugby playing oafs which helps keep my general annoyance levels down greatly.

It was the first time I've actually been in and sat down in many years, usually I'm just outside and make a quick visit to the bar. It's quite nice nowadays actually, been scrubbed up nicely. Also it no longer appears to be full of rugby playing oafs which helps keep my general annoyance levels down greatly.

Definitely, brings in a nicer crowd nowadays. It used to be the place where 'anyone gets sold' but they seem to have curbed that now. You should try the restaurant upstairs, it's pretty great.

I've not really noticed a change in clientele, certainly been in while the rugby contingent etc have been there quite a few times! The few times I've had food at the Marine it's been a letdown. It's certainly better than the Ship Inn by a few billion miles, though. Worst place to eat in Stonehaven, that place.

I was in the Marine for food a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Haven't eaten in the Ship for years though, had a bad experience with a prawn salad in there.

Pretty sure I saw Aaron (The Sloth) walking past the Station Hotel on Friday evening, just to get this vaguely back on topic...

I haven't eaten there in many, many years but the food was subject to discussion earlier in the day - my wife has had a negative experience not that long ago as had someone else, but other folk there were singing its praises...must be hit or miss?

I ate there a while ago and it seems the specials are really good but the menu items were a bit average, certainly not as good as it likes to think it is. The service was pretty poor as well (food arrived before the wine, had to ask for a dessert menu which then didn't turn up).

I've not really noticed a change in clientele, certainly been in while the rugby contingent etc have been there quite a few times! The few times I've had food at the Marine it's been a letdown. It's certainly better than the Ship Inn by a few billion miles, though. Worst place to eat in Stonehaven, that place.

Yeah I'm talking years since I've hung out down there, the old owners were certainly more rugby affiliated and after having to see some twats cock as he stood on a chair singing mid-afternoon amongst families trying to eat their meal I decided it wasn't the best place for me....when did you last eat in the Ship? I've been a couple of times since it has been done up/extended, food was really good both times!

Yeah I'm talking years since I've hung out down there, the old owners were certainly more rugby affiliated and after having to see some twats cock as he stood on a chair singing mid-afternoon amongst families trying to eat their meal I decided it wasn't the best place for me....when did you last eat in the Ship? I've been a couple of times since it has been done up/extended, food was really good both times!

Ate there in the past year, can't remember specifically. It was one of those menus that has 5,000 items on it, and they all smell of burnt fryer oil. Restaurants with loads of choices on the menu are always a bad sign.

I was in the Marine for food a couple of weeks ago and it was fine. Haven't eaten in the Ship for years though, had a bad experience with a prawn salad in there.

Pretty sure I saw Aaron (The Sloth) walking past the Station Hotel on Friday evening, just to get this vaguely back on topic...

Aye, was just off the train.

Guest idol_wild

Who: Adam Easy Wishes

Where: South Bridge, Edinburgh

When: 25.08.2010 19:00 GMT

Doing: Walking with a friend

This is probably not a successful stalk, but fucking hell, it looked reet like him.

I haven't eaten there in many, many years but the food was subject to discussion earlier in the day - my wife has had a negative experience not that long ago as had someone else, but other folk there were singing its praises...must be hit or miss?

i've had some amazing food there and some pretty average food there. it's reasonably priced so don't mind so much if it's not amazing, it's meant to be good pub food and it usually is. the service is hit and miss which seems to be the biggest gripe, a few waiters/waitresses who can't be arsed. my main gripe there was getting a huge brilliant piece of fish served with microwaved veg and standard pub chips. if you're going to serve brilliant fresh huge haddock then go the extra mile and do your own chunky chips and fresh/mushy peas.

best pub in stoney by miles though, great range of beer and brilliant location. the bar staff are usually pretty good too and can recommend beers from their extensive range.

ships food is better than it used to be but not as good as the marines. tolbooth and carron are probably the best places to eat in stonehaven, i went to the tolbooth a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. nae cheap though.

i've had some amazing food there and some pretty average food there. it's reasonably priced so don't mind so much if it's not amazing, it's meant to be good pub food and it usually is. the service is hit and miss which seems to be the biggest gripe, a few waiters/waitresses who can't be arsed. my main gripe there was getting a huge brilliant piece of fish served with microwaved veg and standard pub chips. if you're going to serve brilliant fresh huge haddock then go the extra mile and do your own chunky chips and fresh/mushy peas.

best pub in stoney by miles though, great range of beer and brilliant location. the bar staff are usually pretty good too and can recommend beers from their extensive range.

ships food is better than it used to be but not as good as the marines. tolbooth and carron are probably the best places to eat in stonehaven, i went to the tolbooth a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. nae cheap though.

The Carron is our place of choice everytime if we have a babysitter and have planned well enough to get a table. Ive never had a bad meal there and I would rather pay higher prices for this scenario. Ive tried things that ended up not to my taste but still not because they were badly cooked or whatever. Its up for sale I see. Bad news. Ive never been to the Tolbooth, we avoid going because our ex-neighbour who we had issues with works there and we fear sneezers.

One tale I heard about the Marine at the weekend had a party of four being served their main courses at different times, 2 burgers appeared and on complaint it took another 15 minutes for the others to appear with a requested well done steak bleeding like a YTS vampires victim. These sort of stories put me off playing the eat out lottery by going there, I don't expect my eating out enjoyment to be dictated by who could be arsed doing their job properly or not. Whereas my own experience of the Ship is that the food is great. Once I have a shit meals I shall re-assess.

When we were in on Saturday it was pointed out that the Aberdeen Journal's food critic extrordinaire Scott Begbie was at the next table. Strangely enough the Marine's owner put in an appearance at his table....i'm sure everything was 'moreish' and came to a 'reasonable' price...

When we were in on Saturday it was pointed out that the Aberdeen Journal's food critic extrordinaire Scott Begbie was at the next table. Strangely enough the Marine's owner put in an appearance at his table....i'm sure everything was 'moreish' and came to a 'reasonable' price...

He lives in Stoney and going by his awful column in the EE (par for the course I suppose in that paper) The Marine is his local.

The Carron is superb. Fully agree with that. It's a shame the owners are selling up, but they've made a good job of all 3 restaurants they've had up here (they used to own the Creel and the Tolbooth) so fair play to them for deciding to take it easy now.