aberdeen-music

Wind-up?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Maybe if more considerate husbands like treader shouted "doooooooooooorrrr" more often just as their loved wives were away to crack their face on the open cupboard door, there would be less black eyes in the world.

I tell my wife wifebeating jokes and all that sort of stuff. She finds it funny because surprise, surprise, I don't actually beat her.

If wifebeater started busting into domestic abuse conventions to perform their set, then I fear the irony would be somewhat lost. But even then the audience would probably make less of a fuss than the idiots who are wasting time and resources making a big deal about this.

So what has happened to Wifebeater? Have they split up because of this or was this just something else?

The band is dead. Jake, Dave and Jamie are going to carry on as a new band with a new drummer, fuck knows what style though.

I am turning my back on 'da scene' for a while, because I was beginning to get fucking sick of it before I left. Expect a solo noise/drone/ambient project at some point.

Nothing more to see here, NEXT >

Yawn! Jake, Jake you take this all too personally. Who's advocating the use of legislation? Not me, that's for sure. I'm merely pointing out the possible consequences of your actions. And, Teabags, it goes without saying that this applies to anarcho punk bands too - nothing like stating the obvious!

And while we're at it - I want names and addresses of all the people we've put off the punk scene! I'm guessing that all the bands Duane and I put on, big and small and all the young punks we've encouraged and still write to might find this a little hard to swallow. What Jake seems to forget is that, were it not for Bloodshot and Aktifist taking him under their respective wings and Dave writing to him, Jake would still be a pariah in the punk scene and the only reason it all turned so sour is that Aktifist's bassist turned him down!

'Nuff said!

The militant dinosaur & decrepit has-been :-)

Yawn! Jake, Jake you take this all too personally. Who's advocating the use of legislation? Not me, that's for sure. I'm merely pointing out the possible consequences of your actions. And, Teabags, it goes without saying that this applies to anarcho punk bands too - nothing like stating the obvious!

And while we're at it - I want names and addresses of all the people we've put off the punk scene! I'm guessing that all the bands Duane and I put on, big and small and all the young punks we've encouraged and still write to might find this a little hard to swallow. What Jake seems to forget is that, were it not for Bloodshot and Aktifist taking him under their respective wings and Dave writing to him, Jake would still be a pariah in the punk scene and the only reason it all turned so sour is that Aktifist's bassist turned him down!

'Nuff said!

The militant dinosaur & decrepit has-been :-)

Get back in the kitchen.

• Upvote 1

Teabags, it goes without saying that this applies to anarcho punk bands too - nothing like stating the obvious!
So why try and use it as an argument?

"You could be held accountable for incitement to hatred."

"Yeah, just like every other punk band."

"Maybe so, but I agree with their views and don't understand irony. So.....*raspberry* !!!!"

• Upvote 1

And while we're at it - I want names and addresses of all the people we've put off the punk scene! I'm guessing that all the bands Duane and I put on, big and small and all the young punks we've encouraged and still write to might find this a little hard to swallow. What Jake seems to forget is that, were it not for Bloodshot and Aktifist taking him under their respective wings and Dave writing to him, Jake would still be a pariah in the punk scene

Those days have been dead and gone for the past 12 years, time to move on, isn't it? Bottom line is, just about everyone in "the scene" at the moment has had Dave moaning at them for some trivial point about nothing important at all and people are fucking sick of his nit-picking.

Pariah in the punk scene? I'll take that, no problems! Suits me down to the ground to go it alone but a nice wee attempt at revisionism there. Nice of you to try and claim credit where it doesn't exist. "Taking under wings", indeed.

Punk's moved on, shame you haven't. I'd hate to be stuck in a rut like that.

:up: