aberdeen-music

Wind-up?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I'd close this thread to be honest. There's not much point trying any serious discussion on this site thanks to an immature minority. God knows what it says about the 'scene' in Aberdeen, but last time i dipped my toe into the underground music scene, all be it not Aberdeen's, it wasn't full of guys trying to win each others friendship in increasingly childish ways, but about an actual scene with differing values, and not the 'we don't give a shit about anything except our mates and making them laugh' attitude, and nothing else. I apologise to anyone this doesn't relate to (I don't think it relates to a good number of people who I have read posts by), as there was some decent discussion at a couple of points and I'm sure a theres a group of really nice folks around too. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case on the whole though, and all that comes across is a couple of dicks trying to wind people up constantly.

I'd close this thread to be honest. There's not much point trying any serious discussion on this site thanks to an immature minority. God knows what it says about the 'scene' in Aberdeen, but last time i dipped my toe into the underground music scene, all be it not Aberdeen's, it wasn't full of guys trying to win each others friendship in increasingly childish ways, but about an actual scene with differing values, and not the 'we don't give a shit about anything except our mates and making them laugh' attitude, and nothing else. I apologise to anyone this doesn't relate to (I don't think it relates to a good number of people who I have read posts by), as there was some decent discussion at a couple of points and I'm sure a theres a group of really nice folks around too. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case on the whole though, and all that comes across is a couple of dicks trying to wind people up constantly.
Yeah, well... YOU SMOKE BOAB!

Guest idol_wild

Don't use this website as an example of Aberdeen's "scene". It doesn't represent it fully.

Too many people assume this website is the be all and end all of music in this city, but it really isn't. It merely augments it in it's own little way.

One thread does not say anything about the scene here.

Haven't we heard all this before? I know I have.

Oh, and you're gay.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Don't use this website as an example of Aberdeen's "scene". It doesn't represent it fully.

Too many people assume this website is the be all and end all of music in this city, but it really isn't. It merely augments it in it's own little way.

One thread does not say anything about the scene here.

I think most folk on here realise that. And guess what? I don't think Rob cares one bit about the music scene in Aberdeen.

He's clearly just signed up to this to try and wind a few folk up, and he's probably managed to some extent, but on the whole, he's just ended up looking like a dick.

Well done Rob, now if you've nothing else to say, do us all a favour and stop posting. :)

ilgnrt.jpg

*That was irony btw. You may have heard of if.

OK then, closed it is.

Hard bloody work as it was, I think there were a good few moments in this thread. Without getting into the rights and wrongs of the subject matter, although Rob's posts were at times almost impossible to read using 1500 words when 15 good ones could have done, he did pretty well to last this long against a fair tide of shite...