aberdeen-music

Heroes/Idols: Dead or Alive

kirsten

James McFadden - to personally thank him for THAT GOAL, which directly contributed to the best day/night of my life :)

If I ever end up with dementia and forget my own name/age/whereabouts, I bet i'll still remember the image of his shot hitting the net, along with the delerium of the stadium 2 seconds later when we realised it was a goal. Was greetin' like a bairn...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armando Iannucci

Good call. Everything he does is good.

There's a bunch of folk I'm infatuated with but whose body of work isn't yet large enough to be considered hero-worthy. (Charlie Brooker, Douglas Coupland to name but two)

One of my all time heroes is Werner Herzog. Everything about the man and his art is interesting in some way.

So there's him... and Jimmy Mcnulty from the Wire

Well, I'm lucky in that I have met my musical heroes, namely the guys in Kings X, (Doug Pinnick, Jerry Gaskill and Ty Tabor) - three of the nicest people you could care to meet and utter gentlemen. They were very kind to my wife who is disabled and also a fan.

Others would include:

Charles Darwin

Martin Luther King

Ghandi

Isaac newton

Any more info on this Alan?

A group of communists went out from here to join the International Brigade. five of them died out there, fighting against the fascists (who were helped by Germany...the Luftwaffe bombed Spanish cities).

One of the best-known was the folksinger Bob Cooney. I used to watch him regularly at the Folk Club when it was in the Adelphi.

There was a small exhibition about the Aberdeen soldiers in the Art Gallery not too long ago....here's a link...

Exhibition commemorates City's Spanish Civil War heroes

I know I would never have the same courage of my convictions, and really rate these men.

This man invited me out for a drink yesterday in Glasgow. I accepted. Then followed the greatest two hours of my life.

Actual hero/Favourite person ever/GAAAAH!

Sorry, as you were, I just had to type frantically. The man co-created Father Ted ferchristssake.

Hey, I saw that on Twitter!

• 1 year later...
A group of communists went out from here to join the International Brigade. five of them died out there, fighting against the fascists (who were helped by Germany...the Luftwaffe bombed Spanish cities).

One of the best-known was the folksinger Bob Cooney. I used to watch him regularly at the Folk Club when it was in the Adelphi.

There was a small exhibition about the Aberdeen soldiers in the Art Gallery not too long ago....here's a link...

Exhibition commemorates City's Spanish Civil War heroes

I know I would never have the same courage of my convictions, and really rate these men.

I am a bit annoyed with myself that I've only noticed Alan's post now, and that I missed the show... Thanks for the link Alan; the Spanish civil war has interested me since my teens.