aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Finally made it to the last episode of the Office.

:(

DEEP ANALYSIS TIME*

Jim totally shoulda gone with Athlead a year earlier. It's all very well getting the documentary crew to put together the montage of him and Pam, but they could just have easily knocked one up of all the times he despaired at the fact that he was still working as a salesman for a paper company after so many years.

Also, general series 9 thought - why was Andy such a dick? He was my favourite character from about series 7, but 9 just ruined him.

*not really

Edited by kirsten

Last season of the office is terrible really. The whole double meta 'remember this is supposed to be a documentary' thing is completely stupid and the characters are all clinging loosely to the remnants of whatever arc they are supposed to be on. That said, I still loved it. It was the televisual equivalent of a testimonial football match. Quality is rank but you enjoy it for sentimental reasons.

In other news, onto the last episode of House Of Cards. Its fucking great. Anyone else seen it???? I seem to be alone.

House of Cards was great too and worth watching for anyone who likes political drama. Kevin Spacey is excellent in it.

I kind of regret going through the whole season so quickly. I liked it a lot at the time but feel like it hasn't made much of a lasting impact on me. If people ask me for recommendations I'll often forget about it. I look forward to the second season though.

I'm sure there are some Mad Men fans on her but there hasn't been much chat about the latest season. It wasn't the strongest but still generally up to the very high standard the show sets. Especially the second half of the season; and the final few episodes were superb. I can't wait to see what happens in the final season. The position they've left things in is very interesting.

Last season of the office is terrible really. The whole double meta 'remember this is supposed to be a documentary' thing is completely stupid and the characters are all clinging loosely to the remnants of whatever arc they are supposed to be on. That said, I still loved it. It was the televisual equivalent of a testimonial football match. Quality is rank but you enjoy it for sentimental reasons.

In other news, onto the last episode of House Of Cards. Its fucking great. Anyone else seen it???? I seem to be alone.

Yep - loved it. Better than the original. Even with Spacey chewing on every piece of scenery in sight. Well looking forward to season 2.

I also liked Season 9 of the Office  - yeah it was a bit of a stretch, but it tied everything up neatly and everyone got a feel good ending. Dwight's scene at the end when he's asked if he gets on with his co-workers brought a lump to the throat.

Edited by colb

I kind of regret going through the whole season so quickly. I liked it a lot at the time but feel like it hasn't made much of a lasting impact on me. If people ask me for recommendations I'll often forget about it. I look forward to the second season though.

I really only understand abut 80% of what's going on. It's incredibly layered with sub-text and the political jargon goes over my head a lot. I'm glad we're taking our time over it because if I steamed through it I'm sure i'd miss a lot more. It's almost tempting to re-watch actually, just so i can catch all the ins and outs.

Last episode tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watch Touch?

I'm currently catching up on the second season. Much better than the first. I think it's because there isn't as much different random story lines. It was good in the start, but by the end it was a bit gimmicky and I was trying to guess how they all came together instead of engaging with the story. This season is much better. I haven't really stopped watching since I started. Currently on episode 11 of 13. Good.

Guest Young Adolesent

Who on here watches Storage Hunters? Ca-gere your in the states arent you? You must watch it?

Possibly the best, worst tv i have ever seen. Its given me a reason to get up before lunch time on a saturday.

best show ever!! Its annoying theres no new episodes or new people brendan and laurie are starting to piss me off worst couple ever. Oh well the auctions are still good and the fights are halarious Edited by Young Adolesent

Finally got round to watching the fifth series of Mad Men. I know that we've still the sixth to watch, so the following might be totally redundant by the time we get round to starting and finishing it.

What a bloody heartache of a series!

Everything about it was perfect, though, it definitely gets more and more outstanding as it goes on. There are things that make have always made me SO BLOODY HAPPY about that show, mainly when Don and Peggy act like best buds, when Peggy and Joan act like best buds, when Joan and Don act like best buds, Roger in general, Lane in general and Don being FUN DAD. This season was FULL OF THIS SHIT! What a treat! But then bloody old Lane went and killed himself and spoiled everything. 'Sake, Lane! Pryce out, Olsen back in?

Also, I had a theory that Draper not cheating on Megan would only last one series and it looks like that is set to be correct, judging by the final scene. I hope that it lasts but I know it won't now that his happiness has been compromised because of bloody Lane and he needs to fuck anything that moves to deal with his crippling guilt and total bastardom. It's weird writing this knowing that I'm really behind and you all know the outcome and I could just be talking total shit.

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE BUDS AND BE HAPPY AND FOR CAMPBELL TO GET THE CRAP BEATEN OUT OF HIM MORE OFTEN.
esq-mad-men-fight-041612-lg.jpg

Beautiful.

That wasn't really a guest appearance though, rather than an impersonation. This is a full-blown crossover episode, like when the Jetsons met the Flintstones.

It's going to be terrible.

Or... Marvellous. If it was a Simpsons episode featuring Family Guy cast then it would be watered down pre-watershed versions of those characters. Other way round though, could be v. funny.