aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Parks and Recreation has been soooo consistently good this series. YEAH.

I had a discussion last night where the conclusion reached was that it is now the greatest comedy programme on tv, due to consistency post-series one.

That sentence reads like Perd Hapley said it.

Edited by kirsten

Parks & Rec is indeed consistent. It's not as funny as the Office was in it's heyday though.

I was gonna get tucked into a new series but blew that idea off and have been re-watching the Office from season 2 in between NBA playoff games. 

The Dwight/Angela/Andy triangle is in full flow at the moment - This is the point where the nard-dog comes into his own. Such a great character. I've also decided that Meredith is a shit character played by a terrible actress. All her storylines are crap and her delivery is awful.

• Upvote 1

Has anybody been watching the United States of Television on the BBC? I've just watched the first two episodes on iPlayer as a friend said I'd like it. It's just an hour of analysing American primetime television, with loads of ace talking heads from Larry David to David Lynch. The theme of the first episode is 'The Man of the House', looking at the trend of the father figure in comedies and dramas and the role of the main men, how it has changed over the years.
The second episode is 'The Misfit' - Kramer, George Costanza, the Addams Family, etc. Looks like the third episode is on tonight, BBC2 at 10.15pm and it's called 'The Independent Woman'.
Pretty interesting show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=The%20United%20States%20of%20Television%3A%20America%20in%20Primetime

Not sure if those in Poland can work their magic to be allowed to watch it, but it's good.

• Upvote 1

Started House of Cards last night. It's good, real good. Although Kevin Spacey starts out as if he's acting in a high school play he quickly eases into the role. I was close to turning it off - that put-on drawl and the over-acting was killing me - but I stuck with it. Just watched the first episode but totally hooked. Has all the hallmarks of a Fincher - noone smiles or turns on the lights.

Anyone keeping up to date with Mad Men?

Don't read if you haven't seen up to season 6 episode 6

The last couple of episodes have been really good but the merger came out of nowhere. Very interested to see how that is going to work out. The look on Peggy's face when she realised she'd be back working under Don was perfect.

And here's a brilliant gif of the laugh out loud moment of the season

oQnzqR3.gif

Edited by Paranoid Android

Has anybody been watching the United States of Television on the BBC? I've just watched the first two episodes on iPlayer as a friend said I'd like it. It's just an hour of analysing American primetime television, with loads of ace talking heads from Larry David to David Lynch. The theme of the first episode is 'The Man of the House', looking at the trend of the father figure in comedies and dramas and the role of the main men, how it has changed over the years.

The second episode is 'The Misfit' - Kramer, George Costanza, the Addams Family, etc. Looks like the third episode is on tonight, BBC2 at 10.15pm and it's called 'The Independent Woman'.

Pretty interesting show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=The%20United%20States%20of%20Television%3A%20America%20in%20Primetime

Not sure if those in Poland can work their magic to be allowed to watch it, but it's good.

Totes going to have to watch some of this.

Does anybody remember Xena Warrior Princess? Me and the missus were browsing a totes legit website, where you can download films and tv shows for free, and it popped up in the top 100.

Who still watches that shit?

Here she is looking like the wrestler Chyna whilst playing ultimate frissbee

burningchakram.jpg

Does anybody remember Xena Warrior Princess? Me and the missus were browsing a totes legit website, where you can download films and tv shows for free, and it popped up in the top 100.

Who still watches that shit?

Here she is looking like the wrestler Chyna whilst playing ultimate frissbee

burningchakram.jpg

It's on Netflix innit? I watched most of Hercules season one while hungover a couple of weeks ago. 

Guest davetherave

Lucy Lawless (Xena) was excellent in the TV series of Spartacus, she got nekkid and kissed other women ;)  I enjoyed that series, some of the goriest fight scenes ever shown on TV!

Phwooooar.

Lucy-Lawless-in-Spartacus-Blood-and-Sand

Parks and Recreation's coming back for a sixth series and Community, astoundingly, has been commissioned for another 13 episodes.

I've not seen past the the Sadie Hawkins/Sophie B. Hawkins Dance episode as it started to feel like a chore - did it get better?