aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

You didn't go for the animated series to complete Kirk's 5 year mission?

Ill be honest i had forgotten about the animated series until i was started on TNG. Its too late to go back in time now! I was going to watch everything in the right order, with the films included, but ive decided just to watch the films on their own and try and watch the TV stuff in order. 

I've been watching Star Trek recently too. I fancied watching some Next Generation and went back and went through seasons 3 and 4. Deliberately skipped the first two as it really did take quite a while to find it's feet and those early episodes have dated much worse than what followed. 

After that I felt like some deep space nine and chose season 5 and now I'm on season 6 which I think is definitely the best one. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

Anyone seen the Walking Dead season 4 trailer?

It looks good.

i havent seen it yet but to be honest its not as good as season 1&2 season 3 wasnt even about zombies really. I hope season 4 is better. Posr the link on here

You're wrong, season 3 was epic. Season 8 of Dexter is good so far. Shame there are only 7 episodes left til it's all over :( I'm going to have nothing to watch now. The Walking Dead, Dexter and Breaking Bad are almost over. Breaking Bad is back soon too. Just under 2 weeks.

Currently watching Orange is the New Black on netflix. Not my usual thing but 5 episodes in I'm enjoying it so far.

Nope i dont think so. They dont even care about zombies now.

So whos watching the final season of c.s.i new york

It's developed. 3 seasons of people still fighting zombies would be ridiculous. If you don't like the fact they don't concentrate on zombies so much I'd stay clear of the comics then.

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

It's developed. 3 seasons of people still fighting zombies would be ridiculous. If you don't like the fact they don't concentrate on zombies so much I'd stay clear of the comics then.

i found it absolutely brilliant in the first 2 seasons, the 3rd one had loads more action but it just didn't appeal to me some of it i only like the episode when they stormed the town looking for glenne and hershels daughter and of course the final episode

Didn't realise you were a Walking Dead fan.

xx

Oh yeah.

Big fan of the comics, really glad that the TV adaptation has lived up to the hype. I'm quite glad they've made the story quite a bit different to the comic books. The appeal of the comic series to me is all the "HOLY SHIT! I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT!" moments. 

Nope i dont think so. They dont even care about zombies now.

So whos watching the final season of c.s.i new york

Anyone who has actually read the comics or watched the TV show will tell you the whole focus of The Walking Dead is on the character driven narrative not the zombies. It's more of a survival horror than a typical zombie affair. I find the interactions between the characters and the lengths they are willing to go to in order to survive far more compelling than mindless violence.

Also the title 'The Walking Dead' doesn't refer to the zombies it refers to the survivors. 

You're wrong, season 3 was epic. Season 8 of Dexter is good so far. Shame there are only 7 episodes left til it's all over :( I'm going to have nothing to watch now. The Walking Dead, Dexter and Breaking Bad are almost over. Breaking Bad is back soon too. Just under 2 weeks.

Currently watching Orange is the New Black on netflix. Not my usual thing but 5 episodes in I'm enjoying it so far.

If want something new to watch, I can recommend Under the Dome, US is only on episode 6 of 13 and it's based on the Stephen King novel Dome.

I've not watched it but a friend of mine told me it was all just humans run from zombies, get safe, zombies find them, humans run away again. Over and over and over. He still liked it though.

That's like saying Reservoir Dogs is just a film with some dudes talking.

He also forgot that the emphasis in season 3 is on rival groups of survivors, not just zombie fighting. In fact, the humans barely run away from zombies at all in season 3.

xx

We started watching the first eight episodes of S5 of Breaking Bad again last night. Ended up totally over-analysing the opening scene again.

I hadn't paid much attention to anything that Walt says in it the first two times I watched it, but this time I made a mental note of everything. I just always assumed he was on the run and in some unknown place, but he claims to be from New Hampshire and he says he's a 30 hour drive from there, so is he back in ABQ? (I'm too lazy to check out all branches of Denny's in Albuquerque on Google Street View, but that's what I'd do if I wasn't)

Also, when the guy who gives him the mega ridiculous gun says not to cross the border with it, Walt says he doesn't intend to leave town with it.

Basically I am so fucking excited. Two weeks to go!

• Upvote 3

Nah. You must be blinded by the horrific season seven, that season eight just looks good in comparison. The writing is so lazy. I'm watching because I want closure, but it's not enjoyable. Vogel is the worst.

Agreed, I find it a struggle to push myself to watch the new season of Dexter. It should've ended in season seven with the obligatory rushed ending that tv series seem to have.

Edited by Camie