aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

We started watching the first eight episodes of S5 of Breaking Bad again last night. Ended up totally over-analysing the opening scene again.

I hadn't paid much attention to anything that Walt says in it the first two times I watched it, but this time I made a mental note of everything. I just always assumed he was on the run and in some unknown place, but he claims to be from New Hampshire and he says he's a 30 hour drive from there, so is he back in ABQ? (I'm too lazy to check out all branches of Denny's in Albuquerque on Google Street View, but that's what I'd do if I wasn't)

Also, when the guy who gives him the mega ridiculous gun says not to cross the border with it, Walt says he doesn't intend to leave town with it.

Basically I am so fucking excited. Two weeks to go!

Also

he makes his birthday out of bacon. like skylar used to. and he copies traits from others he's killed so you know he MUST HAVE KILLED SKYLAR.

Or something.

Heard the news about it being on netflix UK only 24 hours after the US? Best news.

• Upvote 1

We started watching the first eight episodes of S5 of Breaking Bad again last night. Ended up totally over-analysing the opening scene again.

I hadn't paid much attention to anything that Walt says in it the first two times I watched it, but this time I made a mental note of everything. I just always assumed he was on the run and in some unknown place, but he claims to be from New Hampshire and he says he's a 30 hour drive from there, so is he back in ABQ? (I'm too lazy to check out all branches of Denny's in Albuquerque on Google Street View, but that's what I'd do if I wasn't)

Also, when the guy who gives him the mega ridiculous gun says not to cross the border with it, Walt says he doesn't intend to leave town with it.

Basically I am so fucking excited. Two weeks to go!

I'm super excited too! But, I'm a bit sad it will be all over soon too.

Also

he makes his birthday out of bacon. like skylar used to. and he copies traits from others he's killed so you know he MUST HAVE KILLED SKYLAR.

Or something.

Heard the news about it being on netflix UK only 24 hours after the US? Best news.

I wondered if it was really his birthday. I mean, I guess it must be because why else would he have done the bacon thing if nobody was there to get the reference? But I just wondered why the hell he'd put his real date of birth on a fake ID.

I only heard about the Netflix thing yesterday. Great work from them, I was panicking, thinking I'd have to find a dodgy link to a shitty stream as soon as possible, but this makes it all better.

Same, Jan. We should all have a finale party.

Edited by kirsten

Started watching It's Always Sunny.. Fantastic. Some proper belly laughs and "oh no he di'n't" moments. Only in season 2. So far I can't tell if Danny DeVito is making the show better or not. But the one where Mac Bang's Dennis' Mum was hilarious. And the boxing one. Brilliant.

Oh man. That show just keeps getting funnier IMHO. DeVito DEFINITELY makes it better. Him and Charlie together makes pure comedy gold.

xx

Guest Young Adolesent

Just started watching prison break on saturday night. Wow the amount of stuff thats happened already murder, riots, theft, rape and they broke out this is just the first season im on to the second now i cant wait to watch it after work

Is anyone watching The Bridge? The US version I mean. I've not seen the original but I'm enjoying this a lot. 5 episodes in it's shaping up to be a great first season.

I've also just started watching Top Side of the Lake which has intrigued me almost straight away too. It stars the actress who plays Peggy in Mad Men and I've been very impressed how after just a couple of episodes I'm fully accepting her as this new character and not thinking about Peggy.

I've completely timed it wrong but I've just started watching Breaking Bad...

Nah. Squeeze in an episode or two a day, you'll just be reaching the finale the same time as the rest of us. S1 and S2 are good but it really kicks into gear in season 3, and season 4 is genuinely the best telly I've ever watched.

Guest Young Adolesent

i just recently started watching prison break. i really dont like it now seasons 1 and 2 were great but season 3 basically the same story line again since a few episodes into season 3 i dont watch it anymore 

Last ep of series 4. I was actually like this at the big reveal:

213910-AVGNMovieDonations-Header-600x369

Just so I'm sure - it's season 5 that's currently being "resumed" just now?

What was the s4 reveal? Reluctant to google incase I find spoilers as I'm waiting for s5 to finish so I can binge-watch. Fuck this wait-a-week-between-episodes shite.

xx

It took me a while to remember who Brock was, but yeah that was a pretty cool climax. I think generally so much came to a head at the end of season 4 that it's hard to pick any particular part of the story or any particular arc to mark as a highlight. When Walt kills Jesse with a hammer at the end of season 3 though, that was INSANE! 

xx

• Upvote 1