aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I read an interview with him recently and Michael Cera is a bit of a dick now. He came across like a bit of a tosser throughout. I liked how innocent and dougheyed he was in the early seasons, before he became Billy Big Bollocks. Now I'll be watching it thinking "you're the reason this has been delayed for about 5 years, because of your films about feelings and hipster music, you prissy little cunt"

So hopefully he's not in it much, or I hope he's a good enough actor to completely cover up the unrelenting "I'm a cunt" vibes that he gives off.

Will Arnett will probably never stop being brilliant, nor will David Cross, so that could be enough to keep it totes gr8.

Has anyone seen any of Veep yet? I've just downloaded the first season. Not watched it yet but will tonight. I believe it is based on, but not strictly an "American version" of In The Thick Of It, written mostly by the same folk who wrote In The Thick of It. It's got Elaine from Seinfeld and Buster from Arrested Development. Oh, and Matt Walsh, from things what are funny.

I can't believe how really really bad The Following got. It's so bad that it's amazing. I've laughed more at the Following than I have Community Season 4. Not because Community is bad, but because The Following is hilarious. It's almost bordering on Threat Level: Midnight. Just utter nonsense.

My favourite drama at the moment is Banshee. Recommended if you like gratuitous yet slightly needless amounts of sex and violence.

Has anyone seen any of Veep yet? I've just downloaded the first season. Not watched it yet but will tonight. I believe it is based on, but not strictly an "American version" of In The Thick Of It, written mostly by the same folk who wrote In The Thick of It. It's got Elaine from Seinfeld and Buster from Arrested Development. Oh, and Matt Walsh, from things what are funny.

I can't believe how really really bad The Following got. It's so bad that it's amazing. I've laughed more at the Following than I have Community Season 4. Not because Community is bad, but because The Following is hilarious. It's almost bordering on Threat Level: Midnight. Just utter nonsense.

My favourite drama at the moment is Banshee. Recommended if you like gratuitous yet slightly needless amounts of sex and violence.

I only got through about five episodes of Veep, but that was just down to crappy internet connections, so I'd like to go back and finish it. It's enjoyable once it gets going. JLD and Tony Hale are brilliant together.

• 2 weeks later...

GAME OF OWNS.

Yeah, that was really jarring. I thought it must have been some sort of mistake when it started but no, meant to be like that. Odd decision. Amazing episode ending before the fade to black.

Prediction: Big Sam from North of the Wall ends up King of Everything. Anyone who starts out that weak and snivelly and generally unsuited to their environment but continues to not die is destined for big things

GAME OF OWNS.

Yeah, that was really jarring. I thought it must have been some sort of mistake when it started but no, meant to be like that. Odd decision. Amazing episode ending before the fade to black.

Prediction: Big Sam from North of the Wall ends up King of Everything. Anyone who starts out that weak and snivelly and generally unsuited to their environment but continues to not die is destined for big things

There's no way he doesn't have a massive role to play. I don't believe he's there to be "funny fat lad who's really bad at things" forever. I've always had Arya pegged as the one who eventually takes over the world, although I've no idea how it'll happen. She's certainly much more likable than her sniveling shit of a sister.

Part of me just wants to see Bronn become king. What a man. "There's no cure for being a cunt," etc. Him and The Hound need to be a tag team. The second half of the siege episode when The Hound was all "fuck the king, fuck this, fuck that, I'm out," was quality.

Shame about Jaime's hand and all. I went through two seasons despising the guy, but they really did a good job of turning the silver-tongued twat into a sympathetic character. I;m not sure why he fell for his captor's act, though. He was already pushing it by talking him out of having his way with Breinn, but all that other chat? The boy was clearly having none of it. Step your game up, Kingslayer.

Next episode should be a cracker. Looks like a serious ruckus is gonna occur north of the wall, and I'm desperate to see what happens with the Khaleesi/dragon/Unsullied situation. Why can't it be Monday night yet?!

There's no way he doesn't have a massive role to play. I don't believe he's there to be "funny fat lad who's really bad at things" forever. I've always had Arya pegged as the one who eventually takes over the world, although I've no idea how it'll happen. She's certainly much more likable than her sniveling shit of a sister.

Part of me just wants to see Bronn become king. What a man. "There's no cure for being a cunt," etc. Him and The Hound need to be a tag team. The second half of the siege episode when The Hound was all "fuck the king, fuck this, fuck that, I'm out," was quality.

Shame about Jaime's hand and all. I went through two seasons despising the guy, but they really did a good job of turning the silver-tongued twat into a sympathetic character. I;m not sure why he fell for his captor's act, though. He was already pushing it by talking him out of having his way with Breinn, but all that other chat? The boy was clearly having none of it. Step your game up, Kingslayer.

Next episode should be a cracker. Looks like a serious ruckus is gonna occur north of the wall, and I'm desperate to see what happens with the Khaleesi/dragon/Unsullied situation. Why can't it be Monday night yet?!

3Qs2X_large.jpg

• Upvote 1

You mean you haven't guessed yet, despite all the information the bint from Hollyoaks gave out about the unsullied?

Is anyone else watching Game of Thrones? Shit definitely started getting real this week like.

Although playing The Hold Steady immediately after Jaime got his hand lopped-off was pretty terrible.

Not as terrible as having downloaded a version where the song starts about 45 seconds early and completely ruins that scene.

• Upvote 3

Game of Thrones.

Oy vey, what an episode. So many great character moments.

Dany. I probably should have seen this coming a mile-off as, looking back, it was pretty obviously, but the whole scene was fantastic. "Valyrian is my Mother tongue." The Unsullied taking care of business. That look between Barristan and Jorah. Brilliant.

Varys and Tyrion. Throughout most of this scene I was sitting there thinking "what a load of irrelevant, meandering shite," until Varys opened the box. Probably my favourite scene of the series so far.

Theon. Unlucky, pal. Thinks he's been saved. Opens his heart, pours out his soul and regains some of your favor, then BANG, back to the torture rack you go, son. This guy is a motherfucker...

xtIsRRJ.gif

My love affair with The Hound continues. He's really shined since he was given more to do and say, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Beric thrown down next week, although I really don't want either of them to die.

I don't really know what else to mention. The whole episode was great. I really need to read the books, because I can't stand waiting a week for the next episode.