aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Banged through 3 seasons of Luther this past week. I had to take breaks in between episodes because my heart was racing. It's fucking great TV - so tense! Idris Elba is just the smoothest, most wonderful actor too. One thing I noticed was really good was the wardrobe. You don't often notice that but there was something about how all the characters were dressed that made this series just that notch better. Probably one of the best british shows I've seen in a good while.

Started watching 'Doc Martin' immediately after. It popped up in my 'recommended for you' and I fancied something a bit lighter for a while after all that action. Also, I always associate Martin Clunes with my granny because growing up whenever he'd come on TV she'd switch over stating 'I dinna like at mannie... his lips are too big'.

• Upvote 1

Doc Martin  :laughing:

I remember watching a few episode back when it was on. I just can't Imagine it as a series someone would download / get the box set and work through though. Seems like it really should only be watched at 9pm on a Sunday evening like I'm sure it was intended.

I've wanted to watch Luther for a long time but keep forgetting about it. When it first came out I was interested just because of Stringer Bell but that plus all the great things I've heard about it mean I really should get a move on and watch it.

I've watched the first two seasons of Northern Exposure. They are only 7 episodes each but it looks like the next one goes up to the full US 20+ job. I like it a lot and love the balance it has between being a fairly regular show and some very odd and unusual events which happen too.

Started watching 'Doc Martin' immediately after. It popped up in my 'recommended for you' and I fancied something a bit lighter for a while after all that action. Also, I always associate Martin Clunes with my granny because growing up whenever he'd come on TV she'd switch over stating 'I dinna like at mannie... his lips are too big'.

Curiously I just rewatched all the series of 'Men Behaving Badly'. Its very 90's. Somewhere a super-PC type is watching it and their head is exploding.

That live/one-take episode of MBB was TV gold. There's a few moments when they almost lose it but it shows what good actors they all are/were that they keep it going. I can't find it on youtube but if you get a chance give it a re-watch.

Doc Martin isn't a box-set binge type of show but it's perfectly pleasant and entertaining. Thinking about Hamish Macbeth after.

Anyone seen 'Drunk History'? It's pretty funny. Premise is guys get drunk and tell historically accurate stories which are reenacted by famous comedy actors. Im not sure it'll stretch out a full series but I've seen a couple of episodes and got a good chuckle.

Edited by ca_gere

• 2 weeks later...

Luther's no Doc Martin but it is a good watch. I had my head in my hands for most of it. I'm a sucker for suspense.

Gie girls a swatch. It's pretty relationshipey and first world problemy but it's very much aware of the fact and doesn't take itself too seriously. Also, Marnie is smokin hot and there's some tit in it.

I didn't make a start on the new Mad Men. It's one of those programs, for me, that the whole premise bores me. What goes on doesn't, but just the idea of watching some handsome man be good at his job then cheat on his wife doesn't tantalise me. It never has, as much as I liked that show. Is that strange?

Plus, I saw a wee bit of the new season on sky by accident. And didn't like what I saw.

Maybe the reason you like the show but not that premise is that what you described really isn't the premise of the show?

It kinda is. The first season had the whole oh no double identity thing and will his wife catch him. Then all the other tensions in the last season were fantastic. the clip I saw was him

cheating on his new wife and apparently being in love with this woman. which has been done before

It kinda is. The first season had the whole oh no double identity thing and will his wife catch him. Then all the other tensions in the last season were fantastic. the clip I saw was him

cheating on his new wife and apparently being in love with this woman. which has been done before

ok sure those things happen but the idea of the show but saying that's all it's about makes it sound like eastenders or something. I agree that sometimes season six felt like it was going over old ground but that was early in the season and it got stronger and was worth it in the end. The season definitely had a lot to it that was new for the show.

ok sure those things happen but the idea of the show but saying that's all it's about makes it sound like eastenders or something. I agree that sometimes season six felt like it was going over old ground but that was early in the season and it got stronger and was worth it in the end. The season definitely had a lot to it that was new for the show.

Fair enough. I'll get back in to it. After Grand Theft Auto.