aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Watched the first four episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Love it. Great gags. What's not to like about light hearted cop shows? There just isn't enough cop shows.

"This is taking too long! I'm going to miss the Farmers Market!!"

Watched the first episode of Hello Ladies. I expected Merchant's character to be more likeable, but he's a total arse, so he deserves to not get laid. It's also fucking crap.

Watched the first four episodes of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Love it. Great gags. What's not to like about light hearted cop shows? There just isn't enough cop shows.

"This is taking too long! I'm going to miss the Farmers Market!!"

Watched the first episode of Hello Ladies. I expected Merchant's character to be more likeable, but he's a total arse, so he deserves to not get laid. It's also fucking crap.

I got about 5 minutes in. Utter garbage. He's not funny at all.

Also, rewatching The Shield just now. Banging our way through season 2. I forgot how ropey the acting and clunky some of the dialogue is. Chiklis really carries the show but it's still a great watch.

Great show. It's amazing how good it is really when as you rightfully say it is quite flawed at times.

I believe they refer to that as 'Classic British Humor'.

I'm currently slogging my way through the final season of Dexter. It is uniformly terrible but I must finish what I started.

I still haven't watched the final episode. Have it on my iPad though, going on holiday tonight so may even watch it at work this afternoon because who cares, right?

I've been watching spooks lately. I'm up to series four now which is further than I got when I first watched it years ago. I was stunned to see there have been 10 series of it, there's no way I'll get all the way to the end. The quality has dropped every series so I can only imagine how bad it is by the end. I've got nothing else I'm watching right now so I'll probably stick with it for a while but I can't see myself getting further than series 5 at the most. I'm sure any character I still care about will be dead or gone by then anyway.

The Moaning of Life

Latest series on Sky starring Karl Pilkington. Basically Karl's view on momentous occasions in life, first episode being concerned with marriage. He went to India and met a lass and her parents to discuss an arranged marriage with him. They were well up for it. He helped out at an Indian wedding with 5000 guests. He invented a new wedding technique in Las Vegas where a couple get married in a laundrette, bringing their dirty washing together as a gesture or future solidarity. Karl is ace so this is also ace. If you don't like him then you probably will hate it I guess. I think it benefits from not having Gervais in the background forcing him to do stuff, the Idiot Abroad stuff was suffering for that towards the end.

• Upvote 1

The Moaning of Life

Latest series on Sky starring Karl Pilkington. Basically Karl's view on momentous occasions in life, first episode being concerned with marriage. He went to India and met a lass and her parents to discuss an arranged marriage with him. They were well up for it. He helped out at an Indian wedding with 5000 guests. He invented a new wedding technique in Las Vegas where a couple get married in a laundrette, bringing their dirty washing together as a gesture or future solidarity. Karl is ace so this is also ace. If you don't like him then you probably will hate it I guess. I think it benefits from not having Gervais in the background forcing him to do stuff, the Idiot Abroad stuff was suffering for that towards the end.

My biggest problem with Idiot Abroad was Smerch. Really don't find him funny at all. Gervais making him do stuff was funny in a cruel way.

Agree though, Moaning of Life was fantastic.

• Upvote 1

My biggest problem with Idiot Abroad was Smerch. Really don't find him funny at all. Gervais making him do stuff was funny in a cruel way.

Agree though, Moaning of Life was fantastic.

The first series was good but the second one I thought suffered a bit from them doing too much to make him uncomfortable and hence just moan. Karl moaning is funny but not on a continual basis.

I enjoyed the first episode. That stuff about smelling the clothes and meeting someone who liked the smell got awkward, where "liking the smell" wasn't a good enough answer, seemingly.

Karl is great. I've loved everything I've seen him in, and his books are great fun too, though I'm still skeptical as to how genuine he is, and how much of him is a character.

I enjoyed the first episode. That stuff about smelling the clothes and meeting someone who liked the smell got awkward, where "liking the smell" wasn't a good enough answer, seemingly.

Karl is great. I've loved everything I've seen him in, and his books are great fun too, though I'm still skeptical as to how genuine he is, and how much of him is a character.

I'm pretty sure he's real, no character. He's just an average joe. Who lives in a 5 bedroom house apparently. The stuff he was saying about Suzanne was fantastic though. "If she was tall she wouldn't be so big" haha.

I want him to be genuine, but I still have a few doubts. Especially based on the Ricky Gervais Show, he doesn't ever react to Gervais and Smerch's stick. That show is great, but there's something not quite natural about Pilkington in it. I don't think it's a complete act, but I think he might have been egged to be a little OTT on The Ricky Gervais Show.