aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished House Of Cards. As others have said, it's not really one for binge-watching and I enjoyed the odd episode here and there. I'm eager to see how it turns out and what happens to Zoe...

Found this tumblr_mtu66igQoY1r7i5f7o1_250.gif and might end up using it a lot. When reading YoungA's posts.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

Maybe if it's still getting good reviews later in the season I'll jump back in but for just now I'm out.

I watched Girls btw. Liked it a lot, most of the time anyway. Think I preferred the first season but it was all entertaining. 

Been rewatching Teachers too which I hadn't seen since it was first on, I'd forgot how good it is actually. First two seasons with the original characters anyway.

I watched again Teachers about four months ago, too, it's great.

It's a weird situation, sort of - when it was first on, I was of school age watching it from the teacher's perspective but in the eyes of the teenagers they are teaching in the show. Watching it second time round, I'm obviously still watching from the teacher's perspective, but at a similar age to the teachers themselves and set at a time when I was at school. Weird.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes
  • Upvote 1

Started watching American Horror Story, it's pretty good so far - it's beginning to get pretty interesting (I'm on the 4th epsidoe).

Really need to get back into the rest of Sons of Anarchy properly, just started watching the 3rd season - it's gone down a route I didn't think it would, but I still can't get the image of Charlie Hunnam as the young gay guy from Queer as Folk haha.

Can't remember if I've posted about any of these yet but here goes:

Finished watching Dexter. The last season isn't bad (but it's not great) and the ending is a bit wank.

Bates Motel. The origin story of Norman Bates from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Only one season but it's fucking ace.

Banshee. Ex-con is released from prison and becomes Sheriff of a small town called Banshee. Wonderfully violent, amazing fun!

Currently on ep 7 of Breaking Bad season 5 - fucking awesome!

xx

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching all of The West Wing again. Such a brilliant program. Everything I know about the US government I learnt from it. If only Martin Sheen really was the President...  actually that would be ace.  Charlie Sheen would be the son of the US President.  Imagine a president running a campaign with just the tagline "Winning".

Maybe if it's still getting good reviews later in the season I'll jump back in but for just now I'm out.

I watched Girls btw. Liked it a lot, most of the time anyway. Think I preferred the first season but it was all entertaining. 

Been rewatching Teachers too which I hadn't seen since it was first on, I'd forgot how good it is actually. First two seasons with the original characters anyway.

Girls dips in season 2. It gets way too self-indulgent. The girly drama of the 1st season was what made it so good. I'll still watch season 3 though.

also, this:

I might have to watch Teachers again. I've been giving my girlfriend a crash-course in British telly... Shameless, Downton, Spaced, Luther... might add that to the list. Has it aged much?

Girls dips in season 2. It gets way too self-indulgent. The girly drama of the 1st season was what made it so good. I'll still watch season 3 though.

also, this:

I might have to watch Teachers again. I've been giving my girlfriend a crash-course in British telly... Shameless, Downton, Spaced, Luther... might add that to the list. Has it aged much?

Get Green Wing and IT Crowd on that list.

xx

• Upvote 1

Frankly, yes. But for me that was part of it's charm. It's inherently British, not sure how well it will translate for your girlfriend.

That Girls parody isn't available in the UK. :(

Frankly, yes. But for me that was part of it's charm. It's inherently British, not sure how well it will translate for your girlfriend.

That Girls parody isn't available in the UK. :(

Figured. I loved it when it was on. Cold Feet might be a good one to re-visit too. Im assuming that has aged a lot though.

r.e.. girls parody. Damn. Imagine a funny girls parody with Tina Fey.

• Upvote 1

Coupling had a surprisingly succesfull run in the US. the re-runs are still on network TV. I find it really funny/weird that Coupling was billed as the UK version of Friends and It wasn't very popular in the UK but was popular in the US so they made a US remake. Meaning there is a US remake of a british show that was a remake of a US show.

Can't remember if I've posted about any of these yet but here goes:

Finished watching Dexter. The last season isn't bad (but it's not great) and the ending is a bit wank.

Bates Motel. The origin story of Norman Bates from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Only one season but it's fucking ace.

Banshee. Ex-con is released from prison and becomes Sheriff of a small town called Banshee. Wonderfully violent, amazing fun!

Currently on ep 7 of Breaking Bad season 5 - fucking awesome!

xx

Banshee is boss. Don't know why they bothered calling it Banshee. "Fighting and shagging" seems a more apt name.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 2