aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Finished the Office a few days ago. Season 9 certainly started poorly, but it regained form and there was usually one or two proper laugh out loud ( LOL ) moments in each episode. The final episode was a perfectly fitting way to sign it all off.

Yeah, season 9 was definitely very poor all-in, but I was pleased with the finale, rounded it off nicely. Think someone must've been cutting onions in the next room or something, though.

Oh, and Michael Scott. Vyi65me.gif

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Just finished Community Season 4, don't see why all the hate. I enjoyed it! Wasn't as good as 1 or 2, but probably better than 3 overall, I think. Or at least better than the latter half of season 3.

Watching Parks and Rec season 4 just now - holy balls this show is amazing. Ron and April are two of my favourite sitcom characters ever.

xx

Better than 3  :laughing:

That's ridiculous. 3 is clearly worse than 1 and 2 but has some classic episodes and at least feels like the same show which I can't say for 4. The best episode of season 4 is probably a 5out of 10 by community standards.

It was a while ago that I watched 3, but I do remember thinking the second half of the season was pretty woeful. The puppet episode of season 4 was pretty good, granted I can't remember many more highlights...

It's a shame, because seasons 1 and 2 were absolutely amazing :(.

xx

Finished it last night. Overall impression is that it is very good and I'm happy it was made but it had more weaknesses than the original series. I was worried after the first couple of episodes but then it really picked up. The weaker episodes dragged on a little which made me think it might have been better if they'd kept them to the slim 22 minutes as before. 

The focus on one character per episode worked I think, to an extent. In some episodes there just wasn't enough interaction with other characters.  Surprisingly the absolute star of the season for me was George Michael, his and Maeby's episodes were some of the very best. Gob was fantastic too of course. Tobias' first episode was excellent. One thing that also surprised me was just how much of a dick Michael was throughout. He wasn't even pretending like he's the good guy anymore. 

The way all the interweaving stories work is quite incredible. I can't imagine the amount of thought that went into it. However I do think that the focus on the plot led to some big lols being replaced by smirks and "isn't that clever" thoughts.

Overall I'd give it about an 8/10 on the AD scale which would make about a 9.50/10 on the standard comedy scale.

Currently I'm making very fast progress on a Community rewatch (season one is almost entirely amazing) and getting through Desperate Housewives season 3 which is even more ridiculous than the first 2.

I finished the whole show last weekend! Completely ridiculous but for the most part I absolutely loved it. New Arrested Development coming along on the day I finished was very helpful but now that is done I'm at a bit of a loss. I need something else to occupy my rest time. 

I finished the whole show last weekend! Completely ridiculous but for the most part I absolutely loved it. New Arrested Development coming along on the day I finished was very helpful but now that is done I'm at a bit of a loss. I need something else to occupy my rest time. 

Did you watch Girls? You should if not.

I thought there were a lot of jokes I felt I got on my own, and then Ron Howard explained them. Ruined it. I enjoyed the rewatches of the first few seasons going "ahhh i get that hehe". but I didn't feel that this time. Some properly LOL moments. Especially with GOB. And even GOB's reaction to his parents' sex life early on in the season.

Overall it was pretty good. Very smartly written. Although there weren't enough meta jokes about

Ron Howard

being in it.