aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

My time has been spent with homegrown humour.

After watching the 2 series' of 'Fresh Meat' that I found on BT Vision and enjoying the Greg McHugh character I decided to try out 'Gary Tank Commander' that I had heard folk talking of. Pretty decent stuff.

I am currently working my way through all of 'Still Game' which has held up well and is mighty funny. Especially Naveed.

Edited by Godzilla Blues

Did anyone watch Derek? Season finished last night. I thought it was dead good. The inclusion of Karl Pilkington made it a great show. I don't think it would have been an ounce as good without him. His character is essentially Karl as you would hear him on the Ricky Gervais show. His rants are great. Gervais' character has come under alot of criticism, but I thought he played it very well. Good show. I hope they make more.

Did anyone watch Derek? Season finished last night. I thought it was dead good. The inclusion of Karl Pilkington made it a great show. I don't think it would have been an ounce as good without him. His character is essentially Karl as you would hear him on the Ricky Gervais show. His rants are great. Gervais' character has come under alot of criticism, but I thought he played it very well. Good show. I hope they make more.

It has been recommissioned.

My time has been spent with homegrown humour.

After watching the 2 series' of 'Fresh Meat' that I found on BT Vision and enjoying the Greg McHugh character I decided to try out 'Gary Tank Commander' that I had heard folk talking of. Pretty decent stuff.

I am currently working my way through all of 'Still Game' which has held up well and is mighty funny. Especially Naveed.

Recently watched both series of Fresh Meat. I really liked it.

Currently I'm making very fast progress on a Community rewatch (season one is almost entirely amazing) and getting through Desperate Housewives season 3 which is even more ridiculous than the first 2.

• Upvote 1

I'm waiting for Derek to come on Netflix over here. I really enjoy Gervais' output in general although the last series of idiot abroad wasn't quite as good.

I got a Hulu plus account last week. It's great. Catching up on season 5 of Parks and Rec. It's a bit sickly at times but still enough good lines to canter along nicely.

Is the new season of community worth watching? I thought it dwindled badly last season.

Parks & Rec started on BBC4 last night. It's great that it's getting shown. But I've watched a lot of BBC lately and seen 0 adverts for it. It's on BBC4 at 10pm. I only stumbled across it because I was waiting for Family Guy to come on on FOX. It's a shame, I can't see it doing too well over here.

I thought Season 3 started badly but still often hit great heights. The show's always been up and down really, it wasn't like there had been no bad episodes before season 3.

This season so far has been, alright, completely terrible, alright, good. Nothing brilliant but enough for me to keep watching.

Recently watched both series of Fresh Meat. I really liked it.

Currently I'm making very fast progress on a Community rewatch (season one is almost entirely amazing) and getting through Desperate Housewives season 3 which is even more ridiculous than the first 2.

That reminds me, I spotted season 2 of 'Community' on BT Vision, liked the first series, must watch....

The 1995 Breaking Bad on is excellent.

I caught up with the Office last night (watched about 10 episodes in a row). It got really weird, in a bad way, when they got the sound guy from the documentary crew involved but overall I don't think it's as bad as it's being made out. obviously nowhere near the dizzying heights of the Michael Scott days but it's still great TV and a whole lot better than some of the studio sitcoms.

I was fully prepared to hate Catherine Tate in it but actually think her character is great. She does that single-woman-dying-on-the-inside really well. Toby is a standout in the last season for me - I was creasing myself in the movember episode when he tries to chat up that girl on the street.

Edited by ca_gere
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back watching Voyager from the very start, some of the first two seasons are pretty ropey like.

The joys of having fibre optic broadband, i was able to down load every single Voyager, in like 2 hours :D Of course, from a 100% legal web site. 

Jealous of the optic dude. We are still only pulling in 5mb with us! I might need a totally legal copy of every voyager min.