aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Started watching New Girl and quite unexpectedly have found myself quite addicted to it.  What am I fucking doing with my life.

Its awful. It's the shittest show ever. But I CAN'T EVER TURN IT OFF!!!

Schmitt is such a funny character, the episode with the douchebag jar slayed me.

I once heard a great description of New Girl: "It's this show about three guys who share a flat with a girl with Aspergers Syndrome."

xx

Yep, New Girl's getting genuinely much better the more I've watched.  It's definitely not in the slightest bit awful.  The characters were pretty swiftly panel beaten into something more rounded and likeable, Parks and Rec style.  Also, they've stopped trying to convey that Zooey Deschanel is supposed to be a relative uggo.

The latest UK The Walking Dead was a little lackluster. It lacked luster. It's luster was, how you say, lacking. But still decent enough and kind of built up next week's episode. Still, I'm hoping next week's has a bit more luster.

Needed to calm down after the previous episode min! The missus is downloading the one aired last night in the U.S as we speak. Going by the previews we watched mid week it's shaping up to be a banger!

• Upvote 1

I've just finished watching 8 series of The Office in 2 months. It was amazing, absolute classic TV, though it went badly downhill in series 8. I didn't think it missed Michael Scott all that much but I HATED the new characters they brought in to replace him (Nellie Bertram and Robert California). Probably got canned at the right time to be honest, though I'll still make a point of watching series 9 when it's on Netflix.

I'm a fan of Robert California (James Spader is great always) but I do think it missed the insular, self-absorbed presence of Michael Scott. I didn't really like how the place didn't really have an ill-advised leader anymore. Then again, I think the last season with Michael Scott in it, he was arguably the weakest character, but it just didn't feel once he was gone.

I've seen about 3 episodes of the latest season. No laughs. Stopped watching.

I'm a fan of Robert California (James Spader is great always) but I do think it missed the insular, self-absorbed presence of Michael Scott. I didn't really like how the place didn't really have an ill-advised leader anymore. Then again, I think the last season with Michael Scott in it, he was arguably the weakest character, but it just didn't feel once he was gone.

I've seen about 3 episodes of the latest season. No laughs. Stopped watching.

I was a bit like that in Series 8. A few total stinkers of episodes but I still liked it. I just really really hated those two new characters, Spader to a lesser extent, but Catherine Tate shouldn't be allowed near anything.

tumblr_m9v07qsR5Q1rcrgwto1_500.jpg

I also caught up with The Walking Dead last night. Filler episode, but needed to kind of settle things down a bit, I guess in prep for the run up to the big finale.

US pace spoiler:

The guy who was chasing down the Hyundai (it's a HYUNDAI by the way, Hyundai) with the backpack on the way out to the town and then in bits all over the road on the way back to the prison was excellent TV. Really gave a pretty strong feeling as to how it's very much become 'every man for himself' - as if we didn't know already - but also how it's hardened peoples' compassion. The almost non-reaction from the three in the car was great; especially Carl.

Out of interest why did you think it was filler?

I also caught up with The Walking Dead last night. Filler episode, but needed to kind of settle things down a bit, I guess in prep for the run up to the big finale.

US pace spoiler:

The guy who was chasing down the Hyundai (it's a HYUNDAI by the way, Hyundai) with the backpack on the way out to the town and then in bits all over the road on the way back to the prison was excellent TV. Really gave a pretty strong feeling as to how it's very much become 'every man for himself' - as if we didn't know already - but also how it's hardened peoples' compassion. The almost non-reaction from the three in the car was great; especially Carl.