aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

The cast have just received the scripts for the final eight episodes. Aaron Paul's verdict after reading through the first episode was "Holy shit." Can't wait.

I started watching Man Men. I finished S1E3 and think it’s a bit shit. I don’t like any of the characters and I don’t care about any of their fates. They’re just a bunch of cunts. The highlights are when there’s boobies on screen or Christina Hendricks.

I wasn't that into it to start with but now I love it. Stick with it, it picks up.

Can't remember if Homeland has been discussed in this thread?

Season 2 is balls. I'm still watching it because it has that more-ishness to it, like crack, but the storyline is nowhere near as good as the first season.

I watched a couple of episodes of that Workaholics, it's pretty funny but tries a bit hard. Maybe it'll just take some more viewing - it's definitely got a decent script.

I've been ploughing my way through the ESPN 30 for 30 docs on Netflix. Dunno if they are available on the UK Netflix but they are worth digging for if they aren't. Even if you have no interest in sport they are fulfilling documentaries. The one about the kid who caught a baseball and effectively put his team out of the world series is fascinating.

Before it started I had been expecting season 2 of homeland really go downhill but then after seeing the first 3 episodes I thought I'd got it wrong. But then it really did go to shit. Still entertaining but in ridiculous ways that drag the quality down and really just make it about seeing what happens next. I dread to think what season 3 might hold.

Some specific problems I have with it

The whole Finn and Dana hit and run story. fuck off.

Abu Nazir was supposed to be some high level terrorist no one could keep track of, moving around the middle east. Now him and Carrie are chasing each other around an abandoned mill. What the hell?

for being such a pivotal event in the story I didn't really feel anything when Nazir died.

If you're going to try and tease us that Brody might get killed, don't tell us all that he's signed up for season 3 already.

Before it started I had been expecting season 2 of homeland really go downhill but then after seeing the first 3 episodes I thought I'd got it wrong. But then it really did go to shit. Still entertaining but in ridiculous ways that drag the quality down and really just make it about seeing what happens next. I dread to think what season 3 might hold.

Some specific problems I have with it

The whole Finn and Dana hit and run story. fuck off.

Abu Nazir was supposed to be some high level terrorist no one could keep track of, moving around the middle east. Now him and Carrie are chasing each other around an abandoned mill. What the hell?

for being such a pivotal event in the story I didn't really feel anything when Nazir died.

If you're going to try and tease us that Brody might get killed, don't tell us all that he's signed up for season 3 already.

I would like to thank you for ruining some of the plot. I know it was in spoilers but you've obviously watched more than the UK. Fucker.

I actually really hate the character of Carrie. I'm all for protagonists having flaws, but it sucks that she's this savant-impressive, ultimate analyst only let down by the fact that she's a wee woman that cries a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if the writers decide to get her pregnant in the next season and then she to stop chasing a bad guy due to a bout of morning sickness.