aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Same. I enjoyed the new episode. It wasn't Community at its very best, but not every episode in the past has been a classic. I think the rest of the series will be pretty good.

I particularly enjoyed Fred Willard's role in this new episode.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

Anybody started watching The Following?  I really like it, watched the first 3 episodes on Sunday with my girlfriend.  She was jumping in every episodes and it's pretty grusome in bits.  Really good.

Also Kevin Bacon.

Aye I've been watching this. It's really good. It was kind of ruined made even better last week by them putting an EE ad as the very first ad after The Following. Kevin Bacon went from serious to "Totes amazeballs" in seconds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Utopia started great. First episode was brilliant but it really went downhill in the last 2 or 3 episodes. I still enjoyed it but I wasn't gripped by it at all. It relied too much on the intrigue built up in the first episode and once things started to be revealed it didn't really have much going for it.

This might be a bit harsh but I'm just disappointed the whole show didn't live up to my expectations.

Not watched any of the new Black Mirror episdoes yet. First series was ok but a bit hit and miss.

Yeah Utopia wasn't perfect but I thought it was the best thing I've seen on TV in a while alongside Black Mirror. It looked great and the soundtrack was awesome. It did have me hooked for most of it though and there were some great characters. Not too sure if I will enjoy a second series but I will get the first on DVD as soon as it comes out.

I thought last years Black Mirror was hit and miss too and that the best episode was the last one (the one not written by Brooker). That episode has also been bought by Downey Jnr to be bastardised into a film! This season has been superb and all written by Brooker. Get them watched.

I've watched the first 2 of the new Black Mirror series. Honestly I hated the first one. It didn't do anything for me at all. I liked the second a lot more though and I'm going to watch the third tonight.

Has The Americans been discussed here yet? Is anybody watching? It's got off to a very promising start, I've enjoyed all the episodes so far a lot.

House of Cards was great too and worth watching for anyone who likes political drama. Kevin Spacey is excellent in it.

Finally I want to ask, what does the board think about Desperate Housewives?

Agree about the first Black Mirror episode, but really liked the second. The third was good too, but they peaked with the second, I reckon.

I can totally get onboard with Desperate Housewives. I thought I'd only seen the first two series, because I stopped when they did the whole 'five years on' thing, but I've just looked it up and apparently that was at the start of series five, so I guess I saw more of it than I thought. I remember it being nonsense, but thoroughly entertaining nonsense with some really good characters. I've actually been thinking of going back and watching it from the start again now that I am totally in love with Kyle MacLachlan. Swoon, etc.

Also, I was going to post this in 'Ace-ic', but I think it'd be more appreciated here. BEST COUPLE EVER.

Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman rap about dicks.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

There's a bar near me that continually puts on weekly twin peaks marathons (complete with pie and coffee). When they finish the series' over the course of a few weeks they just start all over again. It's a beautiful thing.

K-Mac is a don.

And I thought there couldn't possibly be any more reasons for me to want to move to NY...

tumblr_lpyi1gGeoT1qzeap1o1_500.gif

No spoiler tags. Because Dale Cooper.

• Upvote 1

Have watched all of the Black Mirror episodes this week and seem to have ended up with slightly different opinions on which were best.  I thought the second was the weakest.  It was unnerving for a bit but I thought the ending was contrived, predictable in certain ways and absurd (and not in a good way).  The first was slow to get going but I thought it was very strong, with the narrative making some quite astute points.  The last one was quite decent too, but I'm not sure it totally came off.  Even though the episodes in both series have been quite mixed (and I thought the last one in the first series was the worst of them) it's good to see Brooker being allowed to make some reasonably intelligent science fiction for TV.  There's not enough of that around these days.

• Upvote 1

I can totally get onboard with Desperate Housewives. I thought I'd only seen the first two series, because I stopped when they did the whole 'five years on' thing, but I've just looked it up and apparently that was at the start of series five, so I guess I saw more of it than I thought. I remember it being nonsense, but thoroughly entertaining nonsense with some really good characters. I've actually been thinking of going back and watching it from the start again now that I am totally in love with Kyle MacLachlan. Swoon, etc.

I've actually only seen the first 2 seasons. Which I've watched recently. A friend kept telling me to watch it, I wasn't convinced but gave it a go. I'd had quite a wrong impression of it, I was expecting it to take itself more seriously. Thankfully it doesn't and it's just completely ridiculous and funny. I'm sure it goes downhill at somepoint so I'm not sure if I'll ever watch it all. I'm going out on saturday night so I think I'm going to get season 3 for Sunday. Perfect viewing for a hangover day.