aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Sadly it was kind of inevitable. Probably the only reason it is just happening now is that viewing figures of the sport were in decline for a while until the last couple of seasons.

I imagine that it will be similar to the Champions League that after the rights first starting being shared the level of terrestrial coverage will slowly decrease over the coming few years.

Sadly it was kind of inevitable. Probably the only reason it is just happening now is that viewing figures of the sport were in decline for a while until the last couple of seasons.

The reason it's happening is because Sky have waged a campaign of disinformation against the BBC saying they're too powerful and have too much money. Yet Sky's main tactic for gaining new viewers is too poach other channels successes by spending more money than anyone else can afford.

24, Lost, Simpsons, Champions League, Cricket, Rugby Union and now F1. All bought by Sky after becoming successful on terrestial TV.

Yes F1 lost a lot of viewers when it was on ITV. Their coverage was poor. But now the BBC has shown how popular the sport can be when it's done right with their superb coverage Sky have poached it by throwing their considerable power and money at it. Aided by their constant complaints about the power and money of the BBC in the Murdoch press and Daily Mail. Bastards.

The reason it's happening is because Sky have waged a campaign of disinformation against the BBC saying they're too powerful and have too much money. Yet Sky's main tactic for gaining new viewers is too poach other channels successes by spending more money than anyone else can afford.

24, Lost, Simpsons, Champions League, Cricket, Rugby Union and now F1. All bought by Sky after becoming successful on terrestial TV.

Yes F1 lost a lot of viewers when it was on ITV. Their coverage was poor. But now the BBC has shown how popular the sport can be when it's done right with their superb coverage Sky have poached it by throwing their considerable power and money at it. Aided by their constant complaints about the power and money of the BBC in the Murdoch press and Daily Mail. Bastards.

I think the racing actually being exciting again finally has added to the increase in viewers the most. Not BBCs coverage. I don't really care if it's on sky or terrestrial in general Sky's Sports coverage is superior to BBC/itv etc.

Probably due to their piles of cash you mentioned .

Sky's coverage for many things is often quite shit. It's quite possible they'll stop caring about it after one season and put it on the red button with 0 build up or analysis.

Edit - Obv. they can do things very well also and they are certain to make a big deal about this for at least the first year. I'm not sure how they could significantly improve on the bbc coverage though.

I agree the changes to the racing have helped but the BBC have really gone to a huge effort with their coverage (online and on TV) and it's played a massive part in re-igniting my interest in the sport which had wained over the last years of ITVs awful coverage.

I think Dave's butler has just gone to wake him up...

The thing is under the concord agreement this is supposed to have been passed by FOTA as it is stated that there should be widespread free to air coverage of all races, half being on BBC is contravening that argreement and as such could lead to the teams walking away, which they were close to doing last year at Monaco.

Seems like a bad move by Bernie.

I'm pretty sure Sky had the Simpsons way before any terrestrial channel.

Doing some reading through the day. It seems this is part of a compromise from the BBC to keep any part of F1 as they were under pressure to drop their entire coverage once the licence fee was frozen.

Dave can rest easy that this is saving the corporation millions. While millions of licence fee paying racing fans have to miss out or shell out 600 a year to Sky.

My bastard ex-landlord. I was left with mould growing under the window in the bedroom and on the wall in the games room, as well as shit coming up into the bath and the heaters being fucked for several months.

I went to my parents chum who is a solicitor and he instantly realised that they hadn't got me to sign some important legal docutment, so they are immediately in breach and I can get out of the lease or take them to some private rent panel and get my rent reduced to pennies until the flat was in good order.

I've moved back home, it has now been 7 months since they were informed of the mould, they got it fixed right after and now have new tentants, yet still expect me to pay a months' rent EH FUCK OFF

I had to throw out clothes and shit because it was all mouldy, not including the amount of money I spent on fucking bleach and drain unclogging stuff to stop other folks poop floating in my bloody bath every few weeks yadda yadda and this fat fucking whore wants me to pay a months rent when they had fucking flat viewings, and fixed the fucking wall????

AAAARRRGGGHHHH pissed off doesn't cover it.

*sigh* it's been a while, I'm due a long rant.

I'd consider small claims court, sounds like you could quite easily take her for more than just the rent reduction if she's causing you a shitload of stress and forcing you to dispose of your own belongings because of the condition of the property?

Oh, and I'll second/third/etc any sentiment on the forthcoming F1 deal. Physically sick.....

Simpsons was a Sky exclusive back in 1992. Didn't appear on terrestrial for the first time until 1996.

Oh she's arguing that it was just a "little condensation" and as for it taking her 7 months, she explained that "in the real adult world" (exact phrasing!!) that it's normal to wait several weeks for a workman to become available.

Hmm several weeks is now seven months in her world. Also, the wall was bloody spongy.

Not only is she suing me for a months rent, I'm not getting back my deposit because the flat was a mess supposedly (the washing machine was filled with scummy water - well the washing machine did that on a regular basis, and you had to drain it a couple times a day), even though I know it was spotless, so she is charging me for cleaning, the 175 readvertising fee and a months rent.

So, she's wanting to sue me for a months rent she is already illegally taking from my deposit? She's also arguing that she wasn't aware that the heaters weren't working, even though her husband visited the flat and had a look.

Really want to kick this cunt's fanny in. Blood is boiling.

Also, the solicitor is a friend of the family and refuses to take payment for this, so obviously it's not the top of his priorities. She's a sneaky, slimey fucker.

Travelodge having the worst online account management I've ever seen, Try to login to account to make a booking and it doesn't work (despite me trying every password I use, just in case it wasn't the one I was 99% sure it is) and it won't sign in. I then reset my password. Having just reset it minutes earlier, the new password doesn't work either! The site is just useless. It has happened several times this year, not just a one off incident.

Thankfully they let you book without signing in, though it's still annoying. Why have a feature if it doesn't work?

Travelodge having the worst online account management I've ever seen, Try to login to account to make a booking and it doesn't work (despite me trying every password I use, just in case it wasn't the one I was 99% sure it is) and it won't sign in. I then reset my password. Having just reset it minutes earlier, the new password doesn't work either! The site is just useless. It has happened several times this year, not just a one off incident.

Thankfully they let you book without signing in, though it's still annoying. Why have a feature if it doesn't work?

I find that Travelodge's standards are falling, and now prefer to book at Premier Inn....

(on a humorous note, my son who's 11, pointed out that Travelodge should have 2 'L's....cos atm it's really called Travel -ODGE.... he's very astute for an eleven year old !)

:laughing:

Debt recovery companies.

I have 2 plaguing me at present for a British Gas debt that isn't mine. Despite my telling them the facts of the matter and this being confirmed by my solicitor, I continue to receive text and automated answer machine messages at least once per day from a company called CRS. Another one called LCS, while not sending continual texts actually rang my house and started some aggressive verbal with the wife. The guy I talked to initially was a right gobshite. Have contacted Trading Standards and sent a complaint to British Gas. Think I'm at the point of having to get the police involved as it feels like blatant harrassment.

Some Googling uncovered forums talking about this LCS mob, apparently its quite common for British Gas to pass off debts to these companies who then are just relentless in their pestering folk with no real power, total scare tactics and folk have paid them just to stop the harrassment.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

The most annoying thing is that I have had accounts with British Gas in some form or fashion for some 15 years now and have never ever missed a payment. If they don't call these c**ts off pretty sharpish my remaining accounts are going to be closed never to return. I'd rather pay more elsewhere.

as soon as a debt is in dispute they should hold off until that's resolved. debt recovery companies are just sharks, heavies with phones who have a sole purpose of getting a payment. they will tell you to just pay it and get a refund after but under no circumstances do that as it's almost impossible to get money from them once it's been paid.

you're entirely right to pressure british gas. they're the ones who can call them off and sort it out, if they don't give you any joy tell them you're writing to the ombudsman and the papers. you need to have raised a formal complaint and given them a chance to resolve it before contacting the ombudsman though, but just phoning them and telling them you're disatisfied with something is a formal complaint. best to put this in writing too so you have an independent record of it and always ask for the full name and direct dial number for who you've spoken to (that seems to really freak them out) and their supervisor. then escalate it to their supervisor.

also if the debt recovery company is actively seeking money from you then this may affect your credit rating. make sure they know that you will seek damages if this is the case and any adverse data should be removed from your credit record.