aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I admit to hating this also yet taking a quick snap/short video for posterity on occasion. Basically I hate myself.

Pet Hate: (this could just be me) When you're watching football on the TV and you nip to the toilet. As soon as you're in the toilet and the fan is going or water/piss is running you think you can hear the commentator shouting excitedly or fans cheering a goal. You run back through with dribbles in your pants only to find that nothing of note has happened, someone is taking a throw in and the commentators are speaking at a normal volume.

In the old days before the score was eternally put up in the corner of the screen, much fun could be had pretending a goal had goal had gone in when in actual fact one hadn't when someone nipped to the bog, great thing is you could keep it going for ages as well! Have been a victim of that myself!

Pet hate today? Ridiculously fast drivers, I was doing 70 in a 60 zone today and some knob end in a 4x4 came out of nowhere and trumped past me, big fucking deal mate, you still had to slow down for the tractor and got to the next town at least 15 secs in front of me.

I am admitting I was speeding and should know better as had 9 points now reduced to 3, i think 10 mph over the limit is ok on a straight rural road (the law says differently of course) but this twit was driving like a total nutter. That was me point!

Probably done, but arseholes using camera phones and the like at gigs. X(

Get the fucking things out of my line of sight and enjoy the gig plz thx bai etc.....

what fucks me off is professional photographers are only allowed to shoot the first 3 songs or so of big gigs with absolutely no flash but everyone else throws up their iphone, compact camera, etc with the flash on or focus assist and there's nothing can be done to stop it.

anyway, predictive pet hates for 4.45pm today: crazy referees, darren mackie's first touch, ricky fosters passing, running out of pies before half time, st johnstone football club, aberdeen fans spending 90 minutes shouting abuse at darren mackie and the lack of entertaining football at pittodrie. new spl season is go!

Can you expand on the rules for professional photographers at gigs or maybe link me to somewhere? Never heard of any of that stuff, would actually find it quite interesting.

it's usually stipulated in the contract with the artist and passed on to the promoter. it's not a set rule for every gig ever but just the general guideline for larger gigs. fuck knows where it came from.

Guest Bob Knob
Can imagine it being the band not wanting a flash coming from right down at the musicians feet and distracting them whereas it might not be so bad from the crowd. Still weird though.

Most photographers use a fast lens on stage rather than the help of a flash gun. Anyway, apparently this articles explains the three song rule:

The Three Song Rule

it's usually stipulated in the contract with the artist and passed on to the promoter. it's not a set rule for every gig ever but just the general guideline for larger gigs. fuck knows where it came from.

The rule is in place because the crowd generally pay to get in to the concert and it isn't very pleasant to see a sea of cameras at the front rather than the artist. It is out with our control that idiots in the crowd hold their iphone up the whole show though I am afraid!

The flash rule is in place because when you have 20 lenses flashing in an artists face from 2 feet away, it can be a distraction and becomes easier to have a no flash rule than trying to coordinate minimal flash use.

Believe me when i say it is nothing untoward photographers, every artist I work with appreciates them being there, but it is a solution to a conundrum of paying crowd vs working professional.

The rule is in place because the crowd generally pay to get in to the concert and it isn't very pleasant to see a sea of cameras at the front rather than the artist. It is out with our control that idiots in the crowd hold their iphone up the whole show though I am afraid!

The flash rule is in place because when you have 20 lenses flashing in an artists face from 2 feet away, it can be a distraction and becomes easier to have a no flash rule than trying to coordinate minimal flash use.

Believe me when i say it is nothing untoward photographers, every artist I work with appreciates them being there, but it is a solution to a conundrum of paying crowd vs working professional.

yea i complete get why it's in place, it's the crowd issue and the frustration that they can't be controlled in the same way as pro's which forms the pet hate not the rule itself.

Twats that take up disabled parking spaces, when they have no obvious card showing and my missus is in lots of pain and can't walk too far on her crutches.... fuck off you inconsiderate bastards! :swearing:

Sorry but that reminded me of the Office, Michael saying how disabled people get it easy 'cause they get the best parking spaces.

Pet Hate: People making light of other peoples' misfortune.

My bastard ex-landlord. I was left with mould growing under the window in the bedroom and on the wall in the games room, as well as shit coming up into the bath and the heaters being fucked for several months.

I went to my parents chum who is a solicitor and he instantly realised that they hadn't got me to sign some important legal docutment, so they are immediately in breach and I can get out of the lease or take them to some private rent panel and get my rent reduced to pennies until the flat was in good order.

I've moved back home, it has now been 7 months since they were informed of the mould, they got it fixed right after and now have new tentants, yet still expect me to pay a months' rent EH FUCK OFF

I had to throw out clothes and shit because it was all mouldy, not including the amount of money I spent on fucking bleach and drain unclogging stuff to stop other folks poop floating in my bloody bath every few weeks yadda yadda and this fat fucking whore wants me to pay a months rent when they had fucking flat viewings, and fixed the fucking wall????

AAAARRRGGGHHHH pissed off doesn't cover it.

*sigh* it's been a while, I'm due a long rant.

Sky. Just fuck off will you. I don't want to give you money. The BBC's coverage of F1 is fucking superb, best the sport's had in years and now they're only going to show half the season with the rest going to Sky. Bollocks to that.

Debt recovery companies.

I have 2 plaguing me at present for a British Gas debt that isn't mine. Despite my telling them the facts of the matter and this being confirmed by my solicitor, I continue to receive text and automated answer machine messages at least once per day from a company called CRS. Another one called LCS, while not sending continual texts actually rang my house and started some aggressive verbal with the wife. The guy I talked to initially was a right gobshite. Have contacted Trading Standards and sent a complaint to British Gas. Think I'm at the point of having to get the police involved as it feels like blatant harrassment.

Some Googling uncovered forums talking about this LCS mob, apparently its quite common for British Gas to pass off debts to these companies who then are just relentless in their pestering folk with no real power, total scare tactics and folk have paid them just to stop the harrassment.

Scum. Subhuman scum.

The most annoying thing is that I have had accounts with British Gas in some form or fashion for some 15 years now and have never ever missed a payment. If they don't call these c**ts off pretty sharpish my remaining accounts are going to be closed never to return. I'd rather pay more elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Having to take my former property letting agency to a small claims court just to get my full deposit back. I can't be in any way bothered with that shit, but I'm going to have to. They are refusing the return of my deposit, despite the fact they never ever had me sign an inventory. Fucking scum.

Has anyone here been through this process before?

Sky. Just fuck off will you. I don't want to give you money. The BBC's coverage of F1 is fucking superb, best the sport's had in years and now they're only going to show half the season with the rest going to Sky. Bollocks to that.

I love this Bernie Ecclestone quote - "It's super for F1. It will mean a lot more coverage for the sport"

Or as it should read - "It's super for my bank balance. It will mean a lot more money to line my pockets".

F1 has been a victim of it's own success, suddenly it is exciting again and viewing figures are higher, which would have meant higher broadcast rights prices and BBC being priced out of it (or just saving money, which they did hint at at the article on their website).