aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Oh my, yes. I can't cope with talking on the phone on a crowded bus or train. It's horrible.

Same. Everytime I answer the phone in public it's "and what's up with you like?" eh, nothing. "you sound like you're in a mood". Nahh, just don't like being on the phone in crowds.

cool story me.

you should walk around and really loudly say "i got some more positive rep on aberdeen music last night" "a little more rep and i've got my silver star".

Then they'll know who is king of the village.

'what was it for?... Oh i cleverly replaced a word in a popular film title with the word boabie...yeah, was pretty pleased... Going out tonight?... Nah, gotta trawl for some more pics of people in comprimising positions for the up the arse thread'

Guest Bob Knob
Same. Everytime I answer the phone in public it's "and what's up with you like?" eh, nothing. "you sound like you're in a mood". Nahh, just don't like being on the phone in crowds.

cool story me.

If I'm on the bus and my phone goes off (vibrates on silent) it simply doesn't get answered.

I think 27 months is stretching the term 'temping' a bit. Fuckin hell. Is this a common thing in the public sector?

pet hate for the day: Cunts who talk on their phone really loudly. Stepped out my flat at about 8am this morning to be confronted with some utter twot (smoking hot but a twot nonetheless) having an intense conversation about what one friend said to another friend about someone's boyfriend. She was walking the exact same route as me at the same pace so I couldn't overtake her and get away from her loud drivel. It's 8am, who can be arsed with any conversation at that time never mind a gossip-fest? It's endemic here too, aw cunts shout on their phones, especially around where I work in Greenwich village. And, i'm sure it's always because they're hoping to be overheard talking about something impressive rather than actually needing to have a conversation. You hear things like 'YEAH I'M PICKING UP THE SCRIPT TODAY, THEY"RE OFFERING ME 20K FOR A WALK-ON PART'

Fuck off you attention seeking wannabe cunt. I fucking love new york but some of the wanky bullshit that goes on here is unbelievable. The thought of anyone hearing me talking on the phone in public makes me cringe.

In a similar vein(ish):

I purposely take a late lunch every day because at 2pm the staff room is usually empty and I like to sit and read in relative peace. However there's a new guy started who comes into the staff room at that time and literally talks on his phone for his entire lunch hour. Super-rude IMO. I'm not saying everyone needs to be silent because I'm reading, because that would be rude of me quite frankly, but does he really think that people want to listen to him fucking talking on the phone on their lunch hour? I listen to people on the phone all day, lunchtime is a chance to take a break from it. It really fucks me off.

In a similar vein(ish):

I purposely take a late lunch every day because at 2pm the staff room is usually empty and I like to sit and read in relative peace. However there's a new guy started who comes into the staff room at that time and literally talks on his phone for his entire lunch hour. Super-rude IMO. I'm not saying everyone needs to be silent because I'm reading, because that would be rude of me quite frankly, but does he really think that people want to listen to him fucking talking on the phone on their lunch hour? I listen to people on the phone all day, lunchtime is a chance to take a break from it. It really fucks me off.

What has he possibly got to talk about to someone for a whole hour at midday on a weekday? I've never understood these people who constantly have phone calls. For work fine, but it's the conversations about what you're having for tea that bug me. If i need to speak to a friend I'll text or email them, if its urgent I'll ring but just to get the info across then hang up. If I need to have a long conversation on the phone and there's no reason it can't wait, i'll do it in the comfort of my home.

What has he possibly got to talk about to someone for a whole hour at midday on a weekday? I've never understood these people who constantly have phone calls. For work fine, but it's the conversations about what you're having for tea that bug me. If i need to speak to a friend I'll text or email them, if its urgent I'll ring but just to get the info across then hang up. If I need to have a long conversation on the phone and there's no reason it can't wait, i'll do it in the comfort of my home.

He appears to phone all his mates, and his missus, every day. And make all his phone calls to the bank, phone company, insurance etc. I think I'm gonna have to start finishing my lunch then finding an empty meeting room to get peace to read in. Or sit in the shitter with my book.

He appears to phone all his mates, and his missus, every day. And make all his phone calls to the bank, phone company, insurance etc. I think I'm gonna have to start finishing my lunch then finding an empty meeting room to get peace to read in. Or sit in the shitter with my book.

Sit in your car if its parked outside, that's what I would do if I had this problem, if I had a job, if I had a car

I think 27 months is stretching the term 'temping' a bit. Fuckin hell. Is this a common thing in the public sector?

In a word, yes. Within the Council, itt seems to be a massive, painfully complicated ordeal for a department head to say "we've got a position to fill" and HR actually authorising for that job to advertised as a permanent post, so they just get temps. You can't keep temps longer than 2 years though, so they either get rid, or put the temp on a rolling fixed term. It's hellish. I've been applying for stuff almost everyday, but it's grim out there. I get interviews, but it's just too competitive. I imagine most posts are being given to internal candidates or temps who have been covering the post.

I started this job in 2009, as a temp to perm offer, saying it would be made permanent in 12 weeks. I even signed a contract and everything. It just never happened.

On a similar note to all this waffling on the phone in public, I pass this girl on King Street every day on my way home from work, and every day she's on the phone. She's not loud or annoying or anything, but I just don't understand how she can always be on the phone, in the same place, everyday.

On a similar note to all this waffling on the phone in public, I pass this girl on King Street every day on my way home from work, and every day she's on the phone. She's not loud or annoying or anything, but I just don't understand how she can always be on the phone, in the same place, everyday.

Sounds like there's a glitch in The Matrix.

Who has that much stuff to tell someone, and who would always want to listen to it?

This is exactly what I wonder. Some people just love verbalizing everything I guess. A lot of minutiae (sp?) I just can't be arsed talking about. You ever get that where you think about telling someone something, realize it's a) not that interesting and b) would require too much explanation. then just don't bother? Why can't people just tweet or post on forums instead.

I simply do not talk on the phone unless there is a topic at hand. That way it is discussed and when it's over i hang up. I've broken up with two girls because they've insisted on talking on the phone whenever they've had free time. I don't like anyone enough to just sit and chat about whatever we can think up. Fuck that.

Seriously, you broke up with two girls over them wanting to talk to you on the phone?

Seriously, you broke up with two girls over them wanting to talk to you on the phone?

Playa hater. Get off his back, man. Dubya needs his space. He don't need no ho all up in his grille, all day long. He's his own man. Women just gotta recognise they ain't all o' that.

Do you know what I'm saying? Because I don't.

Without wishing to generalise, women seem to have a knack for finding things to talk about on the phone. My missus can have seen her Mum the day before and yet I've seen me trying to phone her to tell her something of importance (because I never phone if I don't have to, also hate it) and the phone is engaged to the point that I wonder of the wee man has been f**king about with it and left it off the hook. It will inevitably turn out her Mum phoned and there was something of major importance to discuss that just couldn't have been discussed the day before.

I've often felt that my unwillingness and inability to talk frequently and gregariously on the phone made me a bit of a fucking cunt. But I realised there are many more reasons that I am a cunt.

I am so glad people share my lack of enthusiasm for talking on the telephone.

Fuck telephones. Bring back smoke signals.

I've often felt that my unwillingness and inability to talk frequently and gregariously on the phone made me a bit of a fucking cunt. But I realised there are many more reasons that I am a cunt.

I am so glad people share my lack of enthusiasm for talking on the telephone.

Fuck telephones. Bring back smoke signals.

Agreed. My phone lives on silent at all times and almost never gets answered. My phone is for texting and phoning taxis. That's it.

You're all missing the most important benefit of a phone conversation though: You can exchange information with ugly/smelly people without having to look at/smell/make fun of them. Although granted a text is more convenient.

It's also a great way to break up with bitches, you can bail immediately when they start to cry. I can't stand crying bitches. Eyes be all puffy and red and shit. Fuck dat, yo.

xx