aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

BT being baffling, scabby cunts. Been paying a month by month bill since December when I moved in to this flat. Just got a bill through today for 200, because they've decided to charge me for my line rental and internet package covering me from August until January next year. Thanks guys, because I can afford that, can't I? The Indian woman in the billing dept doesn't seem to understand what "What the fuck is this? I'm not paying a bill for THE FUTURE!!!" means, and are refusing to issue me a bill that I would normally pay.

The fuck's going on? Does everyone have to pay for 6 months in advance now? or is it just me?

BT are just the worst. Takes an age to get through to an actual human being because everything is automated. When I do get through, they claim it's always been this way, and that I must be going mental.

What a cluster of shithouses. Time to start looking into a new phone provider who aren't mentally unstable liars. Fuck off.

Get one of these switch companies to set up a supplier swap for you, BT will then give you some offers to stay with them. I just swapped my electricity supplier as i was offered a better deal and then swapped back to the original company after they offered another better deal. If you could be arsed you could probably keep it up for ages untill they are paying you for their electricity!

I cant remember the name if the company that did the swap for me though, compare-switch-4-lolz.com/meerkats maybe :up:

The phrase 'and I'm like that' as uttered by Glaswegians when describing their reaction at certain points in a story.

'guy comes up to me asks me for a pound'

'and ahm li'at... Whit? Naw.'

Has always bugged me.

...And he was like, and she was like, then he was like..

LEARN SOME FUCKING WORDS BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TALKING YOU DITHERING JIZZ-SOCK!

xx

The phrase 'and I'm like that' as uttered by Glaswegians when describing their reaction at certain points in a story.

'guy comes up to me asks me for a pound'

'and ahm li'at... Whit? Naw.'

Has always bugged me.

Worse is "he turned round and said". I hate that fucking phrase.

"I told him to stop acting like a fanny and he turned round and said "it's you that's the fanny, nae me", so I turned round and told him to fuck off".

Why all the turning round? At any point in the conversation, were you actually facing each other? I heard Craig Bellamy do it in an interview once when he was punted from Newcastle and he said of Graeme Souness "For him to turn round and lie right to my face". Ummmm ?(

"I told him to stop acting like a fanny and he turned round and said "it's you that's the fanny, nae me", so I turned round and told him to fuck off".

Why all the turning round? At any point in the conversation, were you actually facing each other? I heard Craig Bellamy do it in an interview once when he was punted from Newcastle and he said of Graeme Souness "For him to turn round and lie right to my face". Ummmm ?(

Maybe they 'turn around' 360 degrees, so the conversation is simply littered with pirouettes...

Also, please fix your signature. Seeing "on't click on this" is becoming a Pet Hate of mine.

xx

• Upvote 1

Fuck yeah...and cunts, who when they want your attention, say "before ye run off" or "don't run away", when you're cleary strolling leisurely away from them, really grinds my fucking gears.

"What? do you think I'm scared of you *adopts Paddy Considine tone* YA CUNT"

Casual racism at work. I say casual. I actually mean blatant. I wasn't really listening to the conversation happening across from me, until someone said "I can do a pretty good paki accent". I expected everyone to turn away in discomfort, but she was egged on to do it, so she did, and everyone roared with laughter. Christ. I couldn't believe it actually happened.

The council, ladies and gents.

Casual racism at work. I say casual. I actually mean blatant. I wasn't really listening to the conversation happening across from me, until someone said "I can do a pretty good paki accent". I expected everyone to turn away in discomfort, but she was egged on to do it, so she did, and everyone roared with laughter. Christ. I couldn't believe it actually happened.

Was it the term "paki" that you found offensive or the attempt at the accent?

I bet they did an Indian accent too.

I had a racial moment at work today too. My colleague has a bad back and was talking about how the doctor didn't really offer any advice beyond painkillers. The conversation moved on to herbal remedies and acupuncture at which point my colleague said to our Chinese colleague "You'll maybe know more about that?", our manager, shocked, asked "Why would he know more about that?!" to which my colleague replied "because he's Chinese!". My manager then said "that's like saying you know more about drinking because you're Irish", which was the only offensive part of the conversation. Turns out he knew a shit load about Chinese medicine.

It's like when someone uses "chinky" as a reference for a chinese restaurant. It's an uncomfortable word.

Agreed and I can remember an embarrasing moment at my old office, where a good mate of mine (who's a decent guy) informed me from 20 feet away that he was starving and could have "murdered a Chinky"...whilst our Hong Kong-born colleague sat typing blithely on the other side of the partition from him.

I'm pretty sure that in the excruciating and seemingly endless silence that followed, I could hear a dog barking somewhere in the distance....

Fuck that. Cunt should be sacked. I hope you report that.

The only occasion where that would be ok is if friend a has pakistani friend b who is ok with being called a 'paki' and friend a is talking directly to friend b. It's not like you say 'paki' and are instantly racist, depends on the context but fuck me, out of the blue you're a cunt.

I knew chinky was wrong when I was a toddler. It seems to be more accepted than paki for some reason. I still occasionaly get a facebook 'friend' from school who will say something like 'Went for a chinky inite'. Makes me sad. And also de-friend them.

Fuck that. Cunt should be sacked. I hope you report that.

The only occasion where that would be ok is if friend a has pakistani friend b who is ok with being called a 'paki' and friend a is talking directly to friend b. It's not like you say 'paki' and are instantly racist, depends on the context but fuck me, out of the blue you're a cunt.

I knew chinky was wrong when I was a toddler. It seems to be more accepted than paki for some reason. I still occasionaly get a facebook 'friend' from school who will say something like 'Went for a chinky inite'. Makes me sad. And also de-friend them.

It makes me sad that people can get so outraged by the use of a word and that there is now apparently a rule whereby using the term paki is ok! You're calling for the sack so I assume the conversation goes like this:

Joan said 'paki'

Was the comment directed at a pakistani who is ok with the use of the word paki?

No

Outrage! Joan, can you come into my office?

If anything a quiet word with the offender is called for to make them aware that the term is considered offensive (they should really know this of course) and to ask them to stop using it in the office.

I know the use of 'chinky' is considered a racial slur and I wouldn't use it in public but some people actually don't know this. Everyone around them used it to describe a Chinese meal. Rather than de-friending them you should educate them so they don't offend somebody in the future!

There doesn't seem to be a black* and white opinion on the word Chinky:

Chinky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, you can guess my pet hate. There's worse things to be crying about than all this - actual racism for one.

*or 'coloured' which my dear old Dad used last night

It makes me sad that people can get so outraged by the use of a word and that there is now apparently a rule whereby using the term paki is ok! You're calling for the sack so I assume the conversation goes like this:

Joan said 'paki'

Was the comment directed at a pakistani who is ok with the use of the word paki?

No

Outrage! Joan, can you come into my office?

If anything a quiet word with the offender is called for to make them aware that the term is considered offensive (they should really know this of course) and to ask them to stop using it in the office.

I know the use of 'chinky' is considered a racial slur and I wouldn't use it in public but some people actually don't know this. Everyone around them used it to describe a Chinese meal. Rather than de-friending them you should educate them so they don't offend somebody in the future!

There doesn't seem to be a black* and white opinion on the word Chinky:

Chinky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, you can guess my pet hate. There's worse things to be crying about than all this - actual racism for one.

*or 'coloured' which my dear old Dad used last night

The word shouldn't be used in the workplace full stop. What I meant is, it's not as if nobody can ever use the word. You should be able to use any word you want, as long as you do so with the correct intention.

The person described is working therefore not old enough to be considered of a different generation, so is completely aware of the connotations and impact of a word like paki.

Seriously, is somebody who casually drops paki into a conversation really the type of person that should be working for the council? I don't believe for a second there are people below the age of say 60 who don't know it's offensive.

It was the same when I was at school. Everyone knew exactly what they were saying. I don't know about your school, but at mine it was almost considered cool to be racist. Like it was expected you laugh at jokes about 'pakis', 'chinkies' and 'sambos' (yes that was used). These facebook friends just haven't grown out of that mindset.