aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You can't compare Scot or Jock to Paki, Chinky, Nig Nog, Wetback or whatever. Its not as loaded, and does not share the very recent history of socially acceptable malice.

This isn't worthy of discussion. It's bad. Don't fucking call people names.

Just as a matter of interest, what the hell is a "wetback" ? .... I've never heard that term before !

I still don't understand why some words can be considered offensive when they are purely just shorted words for other names. To use "let's get a Chinky" instead of "let's get a Chinese" can't be any different can it? If it's not derogatory or malicious how is it offensive or racist?

I don't understand it, but i don't use these words because i know they offend some people. Just think it's crazy really.

Historical usage was purely derogatory therefore the words will always have those connotations. You aren't gonna shake that off any time soon. On top of that they're born out of ignorance - surely you don't believe that the word 'paki' is used only when referring to a Pakistani but never for an Indian or Bengali? How can you not get that?

Just as a matter of interest, what the hell is a "wetback" ? .... I've never heard that term before !

It's a derogatory American term for a Mexican and comes from the images of illegal immigrants who entered the USA by swimming across the Rio Grande - hence the term "Wetback"

Fruit from Asda, What the fuck are they doing to it? Bought some mandarins, peaches, apricots and plums. They are all practically inedible. They either have no taste, or they are all dried up inside. Bought fresh yesterday. The madarins taste like the juie inside them has been replaced with water.

Fruit ain't cheap either. Boo-urns!

Fruit from Asda, What the fuck are they doing to it? Bought some mandarins, peaches, apricots and plums. They are all practically inedible. They either have no taste, or they are all dried up inside. Bought fresh yesterday. The madarins taste like the juie inside them has been replaced with water.

A lot of fruit in supermarkets has been stored for up to a year in cold storage. True story.

As such it's PISH quality.

Their fucking pre-prepared salads and cut fruit are just as bad, I have them for lunch every day, yesterdays salad was brown and soggy and the melon / grape combo was on the very cusp of being off, the melon had that gross syrupy taste. It all had a few days left on the date as well. Boo-urns!

The music tastes in the surrounding offices at my work.

it's either

#Forrreeevverr young... I wanna be, forever young#

or

tinny euro-trance.

They also talk really loudly about utter bobbins. They're the only sales-type company here so they love back-slapping each other and proclaiming 'you're the best, way to go'. I stayed late one night and actually heard them having a group gym work out in the office. I hate this Americanization, but the term 'douchebags' was invented for these people.

Speaking of sweetie adverts. That Natural Guzzle Puzzle advert is pure, straight-up lies. They say that if you combine two flavours, you get a completely new flavour. Fuck the fuck off. Each piece tastes the fucking same. And by "the fucking same", I mean "every so slightly of a diluted citrus fruit of some vague description"

I love jelly sweets. When I heard about a jelly sweet that can completely manipulate the laws of science and logic, I punched the air with sheer excitement, and did a running knee-slide, like The Boss.

Prepare yourself for excruciating disappointment. Or just don't fucking buy them.