aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Being insanely fucking good at rapping and- due to my red hair and pasty white skin- being unable to showcase it to the world without being scoffed at.

But surely you couldn't look like more of a cock than Eminem?

If you have skill then go for it I say. Just lay off the 'YO YO YO's and don't make claims that you used to run gatz back in the 9-nizzle. :up:

My own spitting of the proverbial dummy...

OK, so I'm not old (28). Im not unhealthy (physically or mentally). I dont have any major financial concerns. I have a roof over my head that I share with a very shiny individual who still gives me butterflies long after our honeymoon period ended. Life should be pretty good. Wait. Life IS pretty good. Very good in fact. I sometimes need to remind myself of this however...

The inevitability of human drama (a phrase Ive shamelessly plagiarized) runs in all our lives, yet seems to be accepted and dealt with better by some than others. I'm not grumpy all of the time (not much of it, actually!), but I have been turned into something of a grump recently. Why? Well thats the question thats prompted me to write this self-absorbed nonsense. That, coupled with the go-slow feeling of this Monday morning (no milk at work, no work at work, the bastard sea-gull who woke me up at three oclock this morning, my mothers constant alcohol abuse). Apologies, I digress

Some people will always be unhappy because they are negative people. They lack the ability to look at a situation and see the good in it. When presented with a challenge or critique they see it as a sign that theyre doing something wrong, not an encouragement to do better.

Some people are grumpy because its easier for them to be grumpy. It almost seems to take less energy for them. Once you start being grumpy everyone expects you to be grumpy so then you have less expectations to live up to. It can make for an easy life I guess?

Everything in the news at the moment seems designed to depress us. Its almost as if youre made to feel bad for being happy at the moment. You dont know my pain

At first, looking at situations in the grand scheme of things is so often over-looked. And why not? Were all human after all (some more than others, I grant you). Self-preservation makes us all selfish to a certain degree. How am I going to pay that bill, My life is over without her!, Who finished all the fucking milk!?!, can be as trivial to one person as soul-consuming to the next.

Selflessness doesnt top many peoples priority lists nowadays. We tend to look after ourselves and our own; the rest can sort themselves out. Why? Well, why not? Makes sense to me.

Enough. My point? (and Im sure I have one!). My point is that human drama is indeed inevitable. We make it that way. How we deal it with it is another matter. I for one will endeavor to remind myself of this the next time theres no milk on a Monday morning!!! :up:

haha! i know we're complete and total pussies to the weather! but i didn't want to turn up at her house drenched in water looking like a twat did i:P She would have thought it was sweet and earned my some brownie points but at the end of the day i'd be soaked and look like a total div

A div with a knockout excuse to take his breeks off, however.

• Upvote 1