aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

You can still buy the big re-usable ones for about 9p each, then just chuck them in the the bin when you get home to prove your point. That's what I do.

If anyone actually believes that Tesco are cutting down on bags for environmental reasons and not to save cash, I'll be amazed...

From fmylife.com....

Today, my girlfriend dumped me proclaiming she wanted someone more like her "Edward". I asked her who Edward was. She held up a copy her "Twilight" book. She was talking about a fictional vampire. FML

On 02/05/2009 at 7:06am - love - by Noname - United States (Illinois)

My new pet hate is Fox. For cancelling Firefly. I know I'm 7 years too late to complain, but it is just about the best show I've seen. Characters are all fantastic, story is brilliant and the writing is very intelligent with some witty humour. I can't believe something as good as that show got canceled when pish like 90210 and One Tree Hill keep filling the world with yet more angsty teen bullshit. Fucking Fox.

Murdoch's News Corporation. Even the name 'News Corporation' sounds evil. I hope the courts go to town on the News of the World/Murdoch for the phone tapping scandal, although since Murdoch's extremely wealthy, it's unlikely his company will be punished appropriately.

Vista 64-bit product activation.

I hadn't setup the drivers or IP address or anything in Vista 64bit, cos I use 32bit as my main operating system. But something needed checked, so I got o 64bit and start product activation, which I have to do over the automated phone system. This requires phoning the automated system, typing in 54 digits, and once done, it reads out 48 digits for you to type into the computer and finsih the activation. I went through all this once, but fucked up by typing a wrong number, so started the phone call again. I then went through it a second time, and after typing the 54 digits on the phone, then I got to the 41st digit that it read out for me to type into the computer and then BOOM! Windows shut down for fucking updates. What. The. Fuck. How the fuck did it get updates if it couldn't connet to the internet for activation? And who in FUCKS name decided that Windows shutting down for updates during a long activation process would be a good idea?!?!?!

Fuck off microsoft.

Vista 64-bit product activation.

I hadn't setup the drivers or IP address or anything in Vista 64bit, cos I use 32bit as my main operating system. But something needed checked, so I got o 64bit and start product activation, which I have to do over the automated phone system. This requires phoning the automated system, typing in 54 digits, and once done, it reads out 48 digits for you to type into the computer and finsih the activation. I went through all this once, but fucked up by typing a wrong number, so started the phone call again. I then went through it a second time, and after typing the 54 digits on the phone, then I got to the 41st digit that it read out for me to type into the computer and then BOOM! Windows shut down for fucking updates. What. The. Fuck. How the fuck did it get updates if it couldn't connet to the internet for activation? And who in FUCKS name decided that Windows shutting down for updates during a long activation process would be a good idea?!?!?!

Fuck off microsoft.

I love it when that happens. When I first got my laptop I used to set it off downloading music or films or whatever before I went to work, and I'd get back in at 6 looking forward to having all this new stuff to watch / listen to. Unfortunately more often than not I'd get in and the bastard would be sitting whirring away happily with no download software open. Cos it had cunting well downloaded Windows updates and fucking re-started itself.

It was also good if you were watching a film on it, and the pop up appeared saying "Windows will restart in 5 minutes" and you didn't see it because it was BEHIND the film window. So you're happily watching a film and it just fucking switches off.

Thankfully I found the bit where you can change these preferences. That laptop does NOTHING now without asking for my permission first!

People who insist on having brand name painkillers / antihistamines etc. purely because of the advertising and branding.

I know a few people who have in the past asked me if I have any painkillers, and I've produced a packet of ibuprofen I got from Asda, and they say "Oh... do you not have any Nurofen or something like that?" And I'm like, "Look at the 2.99 packet of Nurofen and see what's in it. 200g Ibuprofen? Now look at this packet of ibuprofen I got in Asda for 34p. What's the active ingredient? 200g Ibuprofen? So what's the difference?"

People really ought to be more aware that they're getting ripped off, most of the medicines you buy over the counter have exactly the same things in them, you're only paying from the brand name. 4 Panadol Extra has exactly the same amount of painkiller in it as 40p Tesco paracetomol, but you're paying literally 10 times more for a fancy box.

I never use painkillers (No reason just prefer not to) but will it not be the quality of ingredients or something that separates the cheap stuff from the expensive stuff, like Coca cola tastes way better than Asda own brand, and is more expensive than Asda own brand, because it tastes nicer with the higher quality ingredients they use, not the same thing?

The active ingredient (i.e. the paracetamol or ibuprofen) has to be identical in both branded and generic medicines. The only differences are the non-active stuff they use to make it into tablet or capsule form. Some of which may help get the active ingredient into your system faster but not by much. The effectiveness of each version should be much the same.

Branded and generic medicines

I never use painkillers (No reason just prefer not to) but will it not be the quality of ingredients or something that separates the cheap stuff from the expensive stuff, like Coca cola tastes way better than Asda own brand, and is more expensive than Asda own brand, because it tastes nicer with the higher quality ingredients they use, not the same thing?

No, they are chemically identical, the only difference is the colour and the shape.

Have a read from a bunch of people who probably don't know what they are talking about.

Do value ibuprofens work as good as top brands? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

People who insist on having brand name painkillers / antihistamines etc. purely because of the advertising and branding.

I know a few people who have in the past asked me if I have any painkillers, and I've produced a packet of ibuprofen I got from Asda, and they say "Oh... do you not have any Nurofen or something like that?" And I'm like, "Look at the 2.99 packet of Nurofen and see what's in it. 200g Ibuprofen? Now look at this packet of ibuprofen I got in Asda for 34p. What's the active ingredient? 200g Ibuprofen? So what's the difference?"

People really ought to be more aware that they're getting ripped off, most of the medicines you buy over the counter have exactly the same things in them, you're only paying from the brand name. 4 Panadol Extra has exactly the same amount of painkiller in it as 40p Tesco paracetomol, but you're paying literally 10 times more for a fancy box.

Really stinks when you've got a blinder of a migraine at night, so you get yourself to the closest 24 hour shop, and they've got 2 painkiller options. Annadin and Nurofen. Both pushing the 4 mark. Seems to be the only available options in situations like that, or at train station/airport shops. Bastards.

I usually try and get Co-codamol instead of ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin myself though, as it just seems to work better for my village destroying headaches.

Really stinks when you've got a blinder of a migraine at night, so you get yourself to the closest 24 hour shop, and they've got 2 painkiller options. Annadin and Nurofen. Both pushing the 4 mark. Seems to be the only available options in situations like that, or at train station/airport shops. Bastards.

I usually try and get Co-codamol instead of ibuprofen/paracetamol/aspirin myself though, as it just seems to work better for my village destroying headaches.

I never really get headaches but I've struggling with this fucking neck injury on and off for the last month. Ibuprofen seems to get rid of the worst of it, but if it doesn't work I pop a diclofenac as well, which you're not supposed to mix with ibuprofen, but it's not going to do that much damage, and it stops it hurting.My girlfriend is a nightmare like, as soon as she gets the slightest bit of pain in anything she's straight in about the codiene. Knocks her right the fuck out, it's like fucking heroin or something. Want me to nick some for your headaches?