aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Radiant Silvergun is a prequel of sorts to Ikaruga isn't it? I just picked up Ikaruga on XBox live (played it on Dreamcast first, hard as fuck).

It is a Treasure shmup and it seems about as mental. I might have to try Ikaruga out. Thanks for the tip:up: There is a rumour that Radiant Silvergun might be getting an Xbox Live release also. It's a game that has 6 different weapon attacks plus the sword. In a vertically scrolling shmup...

It is a Treasure shmup and it seems about as mental. I might have to try Ikaruga out. Thanks for the tip:up: There is a rumour that Radiant Silvergun might be getting an Xbox Live release also. It's a game that has 6 different weapon attacks plus the sword. In a vertically scrolling shmup...

Yeah Treasure have had some fairly decent release in their time, including Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Alien Soldier, Gradius V and Astro Boy on the GBA. All those games kick arse.

If you have a Dreamcast then it is even easier to play downloaded games with no intervention required ;)

I have to say though, Ikaruga isn't quite as mental as this (but at least you can move!):

The bus strike was planned though. Did you not make arrangements. You know, like a phonecall to your work saying you've got the squirts or something?

I was early and my own fault for waiting for the bus rather than walking! Lesson learned!

Still inconsiderate bus drivers ;) ha ha

Sometime between me going for lunch (and leaving my headphones on my desk), and coming back from lunch, my headphones broke and now only one ear is working. That's the third set I've broken this year!

Maybe you should set up a pair of big f**k off speakers at either side of your desk, this has many advantages,

1) You'll never have the problem of only one ear working

2) You can let everyone in the office listen to what you want to

3) When you boss is on your case, you can slowly turn it up while staring them in the eye, until you can't hear them, result

Sack it, lets go bass bins, mids and tops, the works

People who use the word "moreish", especially when writing the "Pub Spy" column in the Evening Express. You are NOT fucking AA Gill, you are a pretentious bastard.

Also people who use the word "blogosphere" like it's a real word, although to be fair these people are usually "bloggers" themselves and can therfore be ignored very easily.

Maybe you should set up a pair of big f**k off speakers at either side of your desk, this has many advantages,

1) You'll never have the problem of only one ear working

2) You can let everyone in the office listen to what you want to

3) When you boss is on your case, you can slowly turn it up while staring them in the eye, until you can't hear them, result

Sack it, lets go bass bins, mids and tops, the works

I'm pretty sure if I did that I'd be fired. :down:

There's an Asian lady called Fat Man who comes into my work from time to time. True story.

My all-time favourite has to be Hymen Warmbath. What a fuckng trooper. He's not been in for quite a while, but I actually got in trouble once for putting his name on a customer complaints form because my boss thought I was taking the piss...

Hymen Warmbath is real! I used to work at a recruitment agency and he sent me his CV a whole bunch of times. Others that made me chuckle were Thankgod Amos, Easter David and Michael Death!

I want to give you rep for the being down with the Warmbath, but the Rep Jobbies say "no".

I just had to go back 2 months and quote all those in order to share this story:

My girlfriend served an Asian woman in her travel agents last week who's name was Sooky Cock. Spelt exactly like that,

My girlfriend served an Asian woman in her travel agents last week who's name was Sooky Cock. Spelt exactly like that,

An Asian woman used to come into my old work all the time who's name was Fook Yau. Watching my middle-aged prudish manager asking her name was an amusing thing to witness.

People who use the word "moreish", especially when writing the "Pub Spy" column in the Evening Express.

In fact, the whole 'restaurant review' section in the EE deserves a place on this thread.

"...my other half had the (insert safest choice on the menu here) which was fine although we did remark on how it could have been (softer/warmer etc - delete as appropriate)

The chips were excellent, with a crispy coating surrounding the potato filling.

We left satisfied and the bill came to a very reasonable 13.79"

Every fucking week.

In fact, the whole 'restaurant review' section in the EE deserves a place on this thread.

"...my other half had the (insert safest choice on the menu here) which was fine although we did remark on how it could have been (softer/warmer etc - delete as appropriate)

The chips were excellent, with a crispy coating surrounding the potato filling.

We left satisfied and the bill came to a very reasonable 13.79"

Every fucking week.

Agreed. See Flash' s post below.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/56253-wondering-about-stuff-thread-6.html#post754525

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/general-discussion/56253-wondering-about-stuff-thread-7.html#post754545

today's pet hate is the amount that freeview channels repeat programmes, ITV are particulary bad at this.

Get Sky then. Brand New episodes of everthing on every channel, on the hour, every hour, even whilst they are still filming it. The 20 sports package are certainly not stuck for ideas in the summer months, and you will definitely not see programmes called Rugby Classics, or Premier League Years, in which they pointlessly replay a match from 5 or 10 years ago, or sometimes even 6 months ago, but this time with 3 advert breaks ber half! Absolutely not...

Seriously. Sky is worse for repeats. It's just lucky for me that I can happily watch repeats of Simpsons, Two and a Half Men and Premier League football from the 90's.

Heh. Missed that. Spot on.

There was one recently where the guy reviewed a King Rib supper.

For fuck's sake.

The review of Pizza Express in yesterday's Evning made me chuckle:

Pizza Express: Union Street, Aberdeen - Evening Express

Pizza Express: Union Street, Aberdeen

By Scott Begbie

Published: 17/07/2009

A FUNNY thing happened on our way for a curry ... it turned into a pizza instead.

Finding no room at the inn for our first choice, we fell back on this ever-popular and always welcoming eatery on the corner of Summer Street for a bite to eat.

What kind of an idiot goes out to review a restauarant, and doesn't book it in advance?

What kind of an idiot goes out to review a restauarant, and doesn't book it in advance?

It's a goldmine the EE reviews archive...

Here's the King Rib one:

Mikado Fish and Chips: George Street, Aberdeen - Evening Express

So he's staggered out the boozer with 7 in his pocket, bought two suppers, eaten one on the way up the road and the next day decided 'fuck it, that'll do for the paper'

"But this king rib ticked all the boxes I want salty, juicy, greasy and with batter that was crispy on one side and soggy on the other."

Awesome, thanks for sharing...

I defy anyone to find a restaurant review on there that gets less than 7/10 overall.

My girlfriend works for a travel agents, who spend hundreds, possibly thousands of every week running a daily advert in the EE. The EE wrote some derogatory stuff about them a few weeks back in an article which was about another travel company going bust and the knock on effects of it. After the article was printed, my girlfriend's work called the EE and told them they wanted to cancel their daily advert because of the bad press. So the editor printed a full apology and made the journalist call up and apologise for writing his article. :laughing: Nothing like journalistic integrity....

I imagine something similar goes on with the food reviews, not wanting to piss off restaurants in case they lose advertising money on it.

Guest idol_wild

I imagine something similar goes on with the food reviews, not wanting to piss off restaurants in case they lose advertising money on it.

Or lose their discount.