aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I hate people who give you a shitty look then sigh "have you got anything smaller?" when you're paying for something. They then sigh again when wu confirm that you only have a ten pound note.

bus drivers are especially bad for this.

i know how to buy stuff you moaning prick, if i had the right money i'd give you it now stop greeting and sort your float out before you start your route.

They fall apart when you try peeling them off and occasionaly leave adhesive on the cd case.

When you spend more time opening a cd case than listening to the contents, something somewhere has gone wrong.

There is a very easy way of getting those labels off with little or no effort.

All you need to do is unhook the bottom hinge on the CD case and use the weight of the case to pull back the label on one side and then it comes off the other very easily without breaking. Takes 30 seconds.

All you need to do is unhook the bottom hinge on the CD case and use the weight of the case to pull back the label on one side and then it comes off the other very easily without breaking. Takes 30 seconds.

That is way too much effort. What is the point of them anyway? There are barcodes on the back of the CD and indexing could be achieved by the side of the CD.

If they were on the outside of the seal then there would be no hassle whatsoever.

I hate any stickers on CD's. The price. The sticker saying what HIT SINGLES are on the CD, or a layer of stickers with marked sale prices which have been constantly overlapped. Put CD's in shrinkwrap, then all that guff can be just torn off and I don't have to replace the jewel case due to sticker gunk.

That is way too much effort. What is the point of them anyway? There are barcodes on the back of the CD and indexing could be achieved by the side of the CD.

If they were on the outside of the seal then there would be no hassle whatsoever.

They were invented by Gary Apple (inventor owner of iTunes) in a valiant attempt to convince everyone to download the album rather than buy it from the shops and thus having to solve the modern day equivalent of the Rubik's cube that is the dreaded sticker-slash-barcode on the top of a CD.

Guest orphan

Security Seals?

My mum's got a chipped Xbox with copied Xbox games. You're just not doing it right.

Best part of my youth was renting PS1 and copying them. Worst part was getting banned from Choices Video because my mate said "So, you just get it home, copy it onto your PC and then bring it back?". Cheers.

My mum's got a chipped Xbox with copied Xbox games. You're just not doing it right.

Best part of my youth was renting PS1 and copying them. Worst part was getting banned from Choices Video because my mate said "So, you just get it home, copy it onto your PC and then bring it back?". Cheers.

Hahaha. Classic, alongside "do you have your fake ID??"

I chipped my own Saturn and it turned out to be piss easy and awesome. Now I can download those impossible to get import games that sell on ebay for hundreds.:love:

The only way you can get away with a chipped xbox is if you don'y use live all the time. Even then any time you sign on with a chipped xbox you run the risk of getting blacklisted.

you get chips you can switch off so you can play on live, kinda defeats the purpose of chipping but the method is there to do both.

Can't imagine how that would work, "chipping" is stripping the security software from the console so when you put in an illegal disc it doesn't immediately write it off and say "can't do that".

Ummm... chipping is the act of adding a hardware modification chip (mod chip) to the system board of a console to circumvent the security checks of the system of the game disc.

There are other ways to achieve the same circumstances ie custom firmware or swap disc for PS2/PS3.

As much as i hate to use it as vaildation here is the Wiki page about mod chips

Guess I wouldn't be so opposed to a chipped Xbox as I used to be since I'm sick of playing online anyway. Stupid fucking cry baby children quitting when they lose. Every now and again I connect to a game of Fifa thinking things might have changed. Even if it's been a dead tense half, if I'm 1-0 up at half time, they are going to be fucking off, guarenteed.

There should be a punishment for quitting games. Even unranked ones. Maybe Bill Gates himself can pop round and trash your house, like in that episode of the Simpsons where he buys out Compuglobalhypermeganet. Unless your house is burning down or your own shit is seeping out of your pants and down your leg, quitting is just gay.

• Upvote 1

Security Seals?

Like I mentioned, you'd think the shrink wrap would be sufficient enough.

I gave it a try with these CDs and seemed to work a treat with most of them :)

I chipped my own Saturn and it turned out to be piss easy and awesome. Now I can download those impossible to get import games that sell on ebay for hundreds

I have heard it is really easy to install - I just did the disc swap trick myself.

I take it you have checked out Shining Force III? The PAL version goes for a ridiculous amount on eBay.

my current pet hates are the contestants consistingly shouting 'come on' during deal or no deal and why scriptwriters cannot pen a script without getting someone to use the phrase 'oh my god'

been a slow pet hates day today has to be said!