aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate - my own carelessness.

While doing some work this afternoon I took a couple of minutes to go on Facebook and make an amusing comment. I then went back to work and forgot that instead of having my usual work log-in details on Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V, I still had the Facebook comment, which was the lyrics of an Ashlee Simpson song. Thus I logged into the website admin page a bunch of times and tried enter my email address as:

"You make me wanna "lala", in the kitchen, on the floor"

Of course the log-in reports get checked every day by management... dunno how I'm going to explain that, lol.

People who, when it rains, stand in a sheltered bit as if anything outside of sheltered area is almost suicide, like it was raining bullets. Bunch of fucking fanny batters. This lunchtime, the sheltered entrance to Marks and Spencers was just chaos. Everyone huddled around the door, all whilst I'm trying to exit the place with my sandwich. Don't be such a set of ball socks. Why not just go in and have a look, or go in the St Nich's centre instead of huddling in a door way as if you were taking your last breaths, before the shower of bullets ripped you apart. Fuck sake, I fucking hate everyone.

People who, when it rains, stand in a sheltered bit as if anything outside of sheltered area is almost suicide, like it was raining bullets. Bunch of fucking fanny batters. This lunchtime, the sheltered entrance to Marks and Spencers was just chaos. Everyone huddled around the door, all whilst I'm trying to exit the place with my sandwich. Don't be such a set of ball socks. Why not just go in and have a look, or go in the St Nich's centre instead of huddling in a door way as if you were taking your last breaths, before the shower of bullets ripped you apart. Fuck sake, I fucking hate everyone.

Sounds like you need to chill out my Yorkshire friend, either that or go on a long holiday....LOL

Fuck sake, I fucking hate everyone.

Generally how I feel, I'm not alone!! :up:

I hate the impact other people have on me, if some cunt walks really slowly in front of you and you can't get past them you then have to walk really slowly.

Some old man refused to cycle at the side of the road this morning, nah auld teuchter bastard decided to cycle in the middle of the main road, with no helmet on, in his own sweet time and hold up traffic.

One of the reasons why I trundle along the pavement on my bike instead of the road. I'm far too careful to hit a pedestrian, yet I'm fairly certain a motorist wouldn't think twice about tapping me out of the way if I was getting all up in his grill. I'd have a face full of kerb, a bike like a coathanger and a pocket full of teeth. If I did crash on the paths, I'd rather bump a pedestrian on their arse than have my face taken off by a jeep on the roads.

One of the reasons why I trundle along the pavement on my bike instead of the road. I'm far too careful to hit a pedestrian, yet I'm fairly certain a motorist wouldn't think twice about tapping me out of the way if I was getting all up in his grill. I'd have a face full of kerb, a bike like a coathanger and a pocket full of teeth. If I did crash on the paths, I'd rather bump a pedestrian on their arse than have my face taken off by a jeep on the roads.

Rob%20Halford%201.jpg

Nothing against cyclists, it was just that this cunt was happy to take up as much space as possible and take his sweet time. The cyclists out here are usually well prepared, it was just an old man in his tweed shorts enjoying winding up the long line of traffic behind him.

• Upvote 1

I got taken off my bike twice when I was a youth on my paper round, due to motorists not really giving a shit. Pedestrians can suck it up.

If you pass me on the pavement tonight I'm going to put my umbrella in your front spokes (probably not, but I'll mutter furiously under my breath).

Buy a helment and get your road vehicle back where it belongs.

there was a cyclist flat out at the roundabout at the top of st machar drive this morning, someone had smacked up the back of him by the looks of things. didn't look too good. i was never a fan of cycling on the road at busy times, i know how many times people cut me up/come out in front of me when im in a car, on a bike that'd be 10x scarier.

Wow... are you actually threatening me with pushing me infront of moving traffic? Or is this one of your "jokes" ?

Now, now. I don't recall saying i'd chuck you under a bus. I believe i said "i will put you on the road". So neither pushing or moving vehicles involved. Last cyclist who ran into me on the pavement was lifted on his bike and put onto the road safely.

You're the one breaking the law by compromising pedestrians safety cycling on the pavement.

Well, I've leisurely glided past policemen on a few occasions, without a word. I've probably spent an equal amount of time on the road as the pavement, and whilst I've been taken off my bike twice on the road, skinning my back and legs red raw , I've never once even come close to hitting a pedestrian, probably because my commute to work passes about 3 pedestrians, tops... So I reckon I'll keep on at it.

there was a cyclist flat out at the roundabout at the top of st machar drive this morning, someone had smacked up the back of him by the looks of things. didn't look too good. i was never a fan of cycling on the road at busy times, i know how many times people cut me up/come out in front of me when im in a car, on a bike that'd be 10x scarier.

I cycle up Union Street sometimes and it can be a nightmare. Buses come right up your arse and sit about a foot off your back tyre. I've had some of them toot their horn and gesticulate to get out of their way, despite the fact that I'm quite legally cycling. I'm quite a considerate cyclist as well, I stick right to the side of the road, and if I come up behind a parked car and need to go round it I'll pull in and let any cars behind me go through, or if someone can't get round cos the road isn't wide enough I'll pull in for them.

I had a massive childish shouting / fingers / wanking sign argument with a bus driver a couple of months ago, almost the whole length of Union Street. He pulled up right behind and started tooting his horn and getting like 3-4 inches off my back wheel, trying to scare me into getting out of his way. I thought fuck this guy, so I turned round and gave him the finger (while still cycling). Eventually he got around me (once the road was clear) and gave me the finger on the way past (which was returned of course) then got stopped at a set traffic lights and I cycled up the side of him and pulled in right in front of him again. And then the whole thing would start again. And so it continued right up Union Street. At one point when he saw me pulling up in front of him for like the 4th time I geniunely thought he was away to get out and lamp me.

Normally I would never have done this, I usually pull in and let buses past if I am holding up traffic, and I don't go up the middle of traffic lanes at traffic lights as you're just holding people who have already had to go around you once, but he deserved it, cunt.

Cycling on the pavement isn't illegal. ;)

According to the government you're wrong:

"Q. Is cycling on the pavement against the law?

A. Yes. Cycling on the footway (pavement) is an offence under Section 72 of the Highways Act 1835 as amended by Section 85 (1) of the Local Government Act 1888.

Q. Who is responsible for enforcing the laws and what are the penalties for breaking the laws?

A. The enforcement of cycling offences is an operational matter for local police forces. The police use the Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) of 30, which provides them with a direct means of dealing with most minor offences. The Road Traffic Act 1991 makes the two most serious cycling offences parallel to those of dangerous and careless driving. The maximum fines are currently 2,500 for dangerous cycling and 1,000 for careless cycling."

Cycling policy: an overview

;)

Well, I've leisurely glided past policemen on a few occasions, without a word. I've probably spent an equal amount of time on the road as the pavement, and whilst I've been taken off my bike twice on the road, skinning my back and legs red raw , I've never once even come close to hitting a pedestrian, probably because my commute to work passes about 3 pedestrians, tops... So I reckon I'll keep on at it.

I'll just report you if i see you then ;)

I agree motorists should be a lot more accommodating towards cyclists but that doesn't mean you should just ignore UK Road Law because you're a little scared of someone hitting you.

I personally try and give cyclists a fair amount of room if i'm driving near one and i've never had any problems cycling as well.